Fraser Aird

2 hours ago, jordan said:

Cove rangers manager who signed him fairly quickly after his Dundee Contract was freed, the same former Celtic player who brought him to Falkirk? You think that impacted Aird? Or did you read anything?

Maybe it was a joke and you are taking this a wee bit too seriously? A bit like the Scottish tabloid media on the gesture. 

Cove got an easy out for paying wages. As if anyone would get sacked for that a fine, slapped wrists and warning maybe. Might be far more to his attitude during his spell there than we know but he gave them a chance to save money.

Aird should certainly know better. Endeared himself further to Rangers fans though lol. 

Hope he comes to the CPL. 

10 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Cove got an easy out for paying wages. As if anyone would get sacked for that a fine, slapped wrists and warning maybe. Might be far more to his attitude during his spell there than we know but he gave them a chance to save money.

Aird should certainly know better. Endeared himself further to Rangers fans though lol. 

Hope he comes to the CPL. 

Contract ended tomorrow. I don’t even get the point in cutting his contract, they wanted to keep him until the end of the year. 

Fraser Aird would be a huge hit in the CPL. When he was with the Caps people wanted to hate on him but he became a fan favorite because as you see from this incident he's just a real dude who wears his heart on his sleeve. Say what you want about his level of play but he's always hustling and sticking his nose in. Hes fun to watch. Would be a great hero/villain for the league

Honest question: do y'all find his gesture really that bad?  Dunno, seems like a dude having some fun in a stadium, we've all seen much worse.  How exactly do we expect these pro athletes to behave?  Movie stars and singers are half naked, doing drugs and celebrating it.  Priests get away with raping kids.  Presidents get away with anything these days.  Racisim is everywhere from stadiums to the police, with hardly any consequence.  Yet we hold athletes to impossible standards.  Is it just me?

16 minutes ago, costarg said:

Honest question: do y'all find his gesture really that bad?  Dunno, seems like a dude having some fun in a stadium, we've all seen much worse.  How exactly do we expect these pro athletes to behave?  Movie stars and singers are half naked, doing drugs and celebrating it.  Priests get away with raping kids.  Presidents get away with anything these days.  Racisim is everywhere from stadiums to the police, with hardly any consequence.  Yet we hold athletes to impossible standards.  Is it just me?

Now that I see what he did, it’s not that big of a deal. I personally have no problem with it and take zero offence. However, when you are a public figure your actions come under the microscope and I have no problem with that reality either. I am disappointed because his actions show a lack of awareness of said reality. His career is also faltering lately, so it is hard not to make the connection between his actions at Celtic Park and his lack of forum recently on the field. If he was tearing it up I wouldn’t care at all, but the fact this comes during his career low point is disturbing for those fans wishing to see him back to his best.

36 minutes ago, costarg said:

I honestly don’t care that he did this. Way worse things happened in that stadium on Sunday.

I would consider the possibility that Aird got tickets to the match as a SFA courtesy, or home club courtesy, being a player from a professional club. Which is standard practice.

If so he might have technically been representing them. 

If not, if he paid to go into the stand (I am not sure where he was), it would be as a private citizen and he might have more leeway, as I see it. I am sure dozens of lower league players in Scotland are sitting in pubs watching Old Firm, most being a supporter of one or another, and doing much worse in word and deed.