Fraser Aird

25 minutes ago, Keegan said:

He must really love Scotland.. can't see why he's sticking around if he's not signing in the SPL.  Also find it hard to believe there isn't a spot for him on a top level side there. 

I'm guessing it's the only place he's getting a a full-time offer

I think Gold cup likely would have affected him getting a try out with an SPL club. Preseason starts earlier now, and league play starts this weekend. 

Though I think this move is more about playing time, I think he would have stayed at Falkirk if he played more, but he didn't. So he went to a promoted club where he will likely 30-45 games this year. I think it's safe to say that he see's his future in the UK right now, as he left the gold cup on the 20th and was in the crowd at Rangers-Marseille on the 22nd.

Plus, Aird hasn't even proven to be a regular starter at the Championship level with multiple clubs, nor was he really a starter in MLS either. If he can get regular starts at Dunfermline, it's a step up from what he was doing at Falkirk, and at Whitecaps before that, and at Rangers before that.

Personally, I would have thought signing with a League One club was the best move, but who knows what he actually had on the table.

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Also, his faux Scottish accent really bugs me.

His parents are immigrants from Scotland and he has lived in Scotland for the last 6 years now, close to 1/3 of his life so I am not sure it is all that faux. It is not like Hargreaves with his English accent while he was living in Germany.

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

It's more of the overuse of obviously for me. I think he might have said it 50 times in a 3 minute video.

Good for him though; Dunfermline have potential to fight for promotion and have been in the premiership previously so might be a preogressive situation for him. 

11 hours ago, shermanator said:

He is very much stuck in mid-Atlantic in his speech patterns, but it's still more Canadian than Scottish so people in Scotland will be teasing him about his accent as well. Dunfermline had a complete financial meltdown about a decade ago, but once they fully recover from that as they are slowly doing they should be in the top tier again more often than not, so not a bad move for him if his face didn't fit at Falkirk in selection terms. If he starts sounding like Fay Fife (Scottish singer from Dunfermline) over the next few months he will really have sold out on being Canadian in accent terms:

Dunfermline will be looking to conslidate this year. They've always been a yoyo club but it's definitely better than League Two.  Stevie Mallan went from the Scottish Championship to the English Champsionship this summer so there is always hope, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

What are his impressions of Zambrano?

What attracted him to his current club? 

How does he rate his club's chances of promotion to the SPL?

What are the expectations of him at his current club?

What club would be his "dream" move?

What are his impressions of Alphonso Davies?

What leagues, if any, outside of the U.K interest him as potential destinations as his career progresses?

Edited by Obinna

4 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

1. His thoughts on the differences between Canadian and Scottish youth set up

Totally asking

5 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

...his thoughts on why so many players struggle to commit to Canada at a young age

i don't think it's the epidemic most seem to think it is but i'll try to work something like this in