Fraser Aird

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, HochelagaFC said:

Maybe a team from the Premiership will move for him in January? 13 assists is pretty impressive.

Or he may be released?  Talk in the comments about a poor attitude and being more concerned with Rangers/going out while others say he has been valuable.  Just odd, he's had a great season statistically and has looked great in highlights I've seen - he should be pushing up to the SPL.  Where could he be headed next?

His career path has been very odd. He was performing for Dundee United but now has been loaned out. Is it an attitude issue? I feel like bouncing around the Scottish 2nd division isn't doing him any favours. The highest level he's played is a rotational RB with Vancouver two years ago.

• 4 months later...

He's still supposed to be under contract with Dundee United next season as well:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44331319

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fraser-aird/profil/spieler/198388

Reaching some sort of financial agreement for the final year so he can be cleared from the wage bill and sign elsewhere could happen though.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

That would go down well. I'd take anything that's being said about him with a pinch of salt, if that's the real reason his face doesn't fit with some people. 

It's possible, but it's also strange he was dropped completely, six months into a two-year contract when being the team's leader in assists.  Something's weird.

19 minutes ago, Kent said:

I assume you meant "wouldn't go down well"?

I was definitely being sarcastic. Scottish society has become a lot more polarized than it used to be especially since the independence referendum, so it's not just Celtic supporters that are liable to get worked up about that nowadays. The reason I suspect the Rangers angle could be a factor in a lot of the negativity about him is that the reaction on messageboards of the supporters of the other Dundee club to having one of their former players, John Brown, who is very much a Rangers legend and known to be very strongly Unionist in his politics, as manager a few year back was an eyeopener to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, jordan said:

Cove Rangers got promoted from the Highland League into the bottom tier of the SPFL at the end of last season. They appear to have money to spend at the moment, because they also signed a player called Fraser Fyvie recently who got a transfer to an English Premiership club a few years back and would not normally have been expected to sign for them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraser_Fyvie

so this move is probably not quite as bad as it looks at first glance. Looks like a good way to stay fit for a move back to Canada given it's only until January.

• 2 months later...