Fraser Aird

• 10 months later...

Conversation about Fraser Aird popped up again in the weekly Canadians Abroad thread.  Jordan brought it to my attention that Aird's name has once again popped up, in the Scottish Sun.  To find the original article, you gotta pay, but the Scottish Rumour Mill has the gist of it.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rumour-mill-fraser-forster-rangers-world-cup-1-3386697

With those said friendlies only being a month away, if they become confirmed, it won't be that long to find out the truth of this.  With the Gold Cup prelim roster thing not being that long ago, you have to believe that there has been contact between Fraser and the CMNT to some degree over the last year.  They placed him on that roster in the hopes that he would decide to come, but obviously he did not, right?  Still as I said, that sort of confirms that there was SOME degree of previous interest, but that certainly doesn't make this rumour true.  As we have all said in the past, we'll believe it when we see it.  

Aird for me would definitely be a strong addition to our squad so this has me hopeful.

Edited by madmonte

Would be nice to see someone with options pick Canada.  I've only seen Rangers a couple of times on tv this year, but for those who follow them more closely, does Aird only play on the right side?  It would be nice to see a team in the future, with him on one side and Petrasso on the other.

played on both sides, when hes on left,  he cuts in and shoots lots

http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=150527

Checked out a thread on the Tartan Army board.

General consensus with the Scottish fans is that they don't mind him making the switch so long as he's doing it for the right reasons (playing for his country of birth, where he grew up).

Just hoping this isn't some BS getting stirred up to try and get Scotland to call him up or something like that.

Or have him join the Scottish U20s and tear up his plane ticket at the last minute a la Jacob Lensky.

Like Lord Bob, I won't believe it until I see it. 

There's no real benefit to choose Scotland over Canada, so it's a no-brainer really. But how good is he actually? Because half a season is League Two and 1 season in League One doesn't say all that much. I know, he's young and talented but we'll all have to see how big his potential is. 

Cavallini

Petrasso Tiebert Osorio  Aird

Piette

Morgan Henry Adekugbe Ouimette 

Stillo

Weird formation, but thats a solid U23 team.

As a side note, could this be the first time we enter the U23 Olympic qualifiers with a fully professional line up? People who have been around longer than me would know if we've done it before. Obviously some of the guys above won't be u23 anymore, but assuming we filled in the gaps it could very well be doable.

Yeah it is^. Qualifying starts in 2016 so some of those lads will be too old.

By that time, however, a midfield of:

Petrasso   Aleman   Piette   Aird

+ depth. That looks pretty strong!

The big games will start in 2016, but qualifying will actually start in 2015 with the prelim round.

Cavallini

Petrasso Tiebert Osorio  Aird

Piette

Morgan Henry Adekugbe Ouimette 

Stillo

Weird formation, but thats a solid U23 team.

Wow, yeah, that's all U-23...you're right as U-23 goes that's pretty solid.  And that's only arguable the best XI as well :)