Maxime Crépeau

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, DrFitzpatrick said:

Has to be an issue with the Whitecaps Organization.  I mean, we will never know this for sure, but the organization has been a well documented disaster over the past few years.

He said in an interview he didn't agree with the Marc Dos Santos firing.

And he ended being traded to the team where Dos Santos is now an assistant. 

I think it was in the LA Times 

Edited by narduch

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

.ad nothing to do until the Caps made some much needed attacking subs and finally started generating danger down their left side via Dajome, then things became hairy as he flapped at one corner then spilled another ball in his attempt to claim. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, narduch said:

Crepeau starting for LAFC v Portland. 

This one is on ABC

LAFC won the match at the death.

Goal at 90 + 5.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/competitions/mls-regular-season/2022/matches/porvslafc-10-02-2022/lineups

LAFC wins the Supporters Shield. Congrats to Crépeau.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, narduch said:

Crepeau starting for LAFC v Austin in MLS semis.

It's on TSN and ABC 

LAFC win 3-nil.

Philly beat NYFC 3-1 in a dramatic comeback.

So now the top regular season team from the Western Conference will host the top regular season team from the Eastern Conference.

Best of luck to Crépeau on Saturday. That Philly team looks really dangerous.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

36 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

LAFC win 3-nil.

Philly beat NYFC 3-1 in a dramatic comeback.

So now the top regular season team from the Western Conference will host the top regular season team from the Eastern Conference.

Best of luck to Crépeau on Saturday. That Philly team looks really dangerous.

Fuck Crepeau. I hope he gets shelled. (I say this as a Whitecaps fan as opposed to a team Canada one).

17 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Is Crepeau in the conversation for best goalie in MLS? Honest question, I don't follow too closely. 

I don't know, but I do know that winning a double in MLS is a bigger accomplishment than winning the double in Serbia. I am not saying Borjan should therefore lose his starting spot tomorrow, but it does make me feel very good about Crepeau's readiness to step into Canada's no. 1 keeper spot. 

I also noticed that Christian Tello and Garath Bale didn't even get off the bench for Los Angeles. What gives there? Are these guys being kept out of the team based on merit? If so these team is seriously talented. If it were just Bale I would just assume it's just Bale things, but Tello is a La Liga veteran with no history of issues outside the pitch, at least to my knowledge. Have both of these guys seriously regressed, or are the current starters just playing better at the moment? Maybe some combination...

I've had a soft spot for LA since the Kaye days, so I hope they beat Philadephia. And for Crepeau's sake, obviously. Philly has a cool stadium, beautiful setting, and I have had the pleasure of taking in a game there, so I would probably cheer for them if there were no Canadian stakes at play, but anytime a Canadian has a chance at silverware I gotta cheer for that.

27 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Is Crepeau in the conversation for best goalie in MLS? Honest question, I don't follow too closely. 

Despite playing for one of the highest profile teams, he wasn't in the top 3 for goalkeeper voting this year. I don't think he's bad, and I'll be comfortable with him taking over for Borjan soon.

Just now, Watchmen said:

Despite playing for one of the highest profile teams, he wasn't in the top 3 for goalkeeper voting this year. I don't think he's bad, and I'll be comfortable with him taking over for Borjan soon.

There's at least one guy who's not cool with the idea that Crepeau will just take over from Borjan eventually. His name is Dayne St Clair, and he's got an excellent shot at being the man that does succeed big Milan.

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

I also noticed that Christian Tello and Garath Bale didn't even get off the bench for Los Angeles. What gives there? Are these guys being kept out of the team based on merit? If so these team is seriously talented. If it were just Bale I would just assume it's just Bale things, but Tello is a La Liga veteran with no history of issues outside the pitch, at least to my knowledge. Have both of these guys seriously regressed, or are the current starters just playing better at the moment? Maybe some combination...

I've had a soft spot for LA since the Kaye days, so I hope they beat Philadephia. And for Crepeau's sake, obviously. Philly has a cool stadium, beautiful setting, and I have had the pleasure of taking in a game there, so I would probably cheer for them if there were no Canadian stakes at play, but anytime a Canadian has a chance at silverware I gotta cheer for that.

It's merit. LAFC are loaded. Bouanga had a terrific strike rate in Ligue Un and starts for Gabon, beside Aubemeyang. Vela needs no discussion. Arango is, by a mile, the top scorer in MLS the last three seasons. (Arango can’t get a sniff on the Colombian MNT because they have so many quality players up top- Colombia's absence in Qatar is kind of headshaking) 

Cifuentes is also a world class attacking player, he will be a starter for Ecuador

14 minutes ago, ensco said:

It's merit. LAFC are loaded. Bouanga had a terrific strike rate in Ligue Un and starts for Gabon, beside Aubemeyang. Vela needs no discussion. Arango is, by a mile, the top scorer in MLS the last three seasons. (Arango can’t get a sniff on the Colombian MNT because they have so many quality players up top- Colombia's absence in Qatar is kind of headshaking) 

Cifuentes is also a world class attacking player, he will be a starter for Ecuador

- Aubameyang is retired from Gabon

- While excellent, Arango has only been in MLS since last season and is not even the top scorer in LA, let alone MLS. Off the top of my head Chicharito, Mukhtar and Castellanos have more goals than him during that time. I don’t think it’s that perplexing that he’s not on a top side like Colombia, which doesn’t call players that play at higher levels. 

- Cifuentes is a good young player but “world class” is a stretch. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

- Aubameyang is retired from Gabon

- While excellent, Arango has only been in MLS since last season and is not even the top scorer in LA, let alone MLS. Off the top of my head Chicharito, Mukhtar and Castellanos have more goals than him during that time. I don’t think it’s that perplexing that he’s not on a top side like Colombia, which doesn’t call players that play at higher levels. 

- Cifuentes is a good young player but “world class” is a stretch. 

Um, Arango has 34 goals in a season and a half in LAFC. 

Everything else, yeah, it's a debate.

I don't follow Gabon, I saw exactly one of their qualifiers,  I do know they are better than most people think.

Cifuentes, you are probably right. Just pointing out that him going 90 and Bale/Tello not getting in is not as crazy as it looks. He starts for a team that beat out Colombia, Chile etc

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

Tello had issues at Barça, with Messi. One of the few upstarts who thought he had the same status as the best player in the world.

The only other player who did that was Ibrahimovic. And he's a bit different than Tello.

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

I also noticed that Christian Tello and Garath Bale didn't even get off the bench for Los Angeles. What gives there? Are these guys being kept out of the team based on merit? If so these team is seriously talented. If it were just Bale I would just assume it's just Bale things,

Don't know much about Tello but Bale was always super overrated. He was for the most part, a passenger for all four of those CL victories. Before somebody comes in to say otherwise, I will point out the following:

2014: worst player on the field but scored the winning goal in OT so everyone overlooks that

2016: he actually played decent here I'll admit

2017: late sub, not significant 

2018: Scored two flukes, one a keeper error and one he struck well but nothing more than luck

Edited by Macksam

2 hours ago, Macksam said:

Don't know much about Tello but Bale was always super overrated. He was for the most part, a passenger for all four of those CL victories. Before somebody comes in to say otherwise, I will point out the following:

2014: worst player on the field but scored the winning goal in OT so everyone overlooks that

2016: he actually played decent here I'll admit

2017: late sub, not significant 

2018: Scored two flukes, one a keeper error and one he struck well but nothing more than luck

I can confirm he was not overrated in England, unfortunately.  I just mentioned on here in another context, him taking over a game at Boleyn probably 8-9 years ago.  I didn't watch much but the stories we got out of Spain seemed like he didn't seem to care much for large swathes of his stay.  

That said, almost 1 in 2 goals/game for a winger is pretty good in La Liga as is almost 1 in 3 in the Champions League. 

He is 33 and his pace was an important part of his game. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

10 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

There's at least one guy who's not cool with the idea that Crepeau will just take over from Borjan eventually. His name is Dayne St Clair, and he's got an excellent shot at being the man that does succeed big Milan.

The more competition the better!