Maxime Crépeau

Dub Narcotic

I was being facetious, however it would be a heck of a class move to make something like this happen.  It's one of those moves that goes a long way farther than it is intended to.  Of course, the coach would need to approve it, but boy that would sure make the CSA look great. 

The way he was cheering on the team as he was being taken out I think probably was quite helpful in helping his teammates get on with the game instead of being distracted by the misfortune of their teammate while the game is going on. Good on Max for doing that, great leadership.

At the same time though I was also thinking that it seemed like he may have been in shock and was overcompensating for what must have been devastating for him. He's trying to fire up his teammates, but also trying to convince himself that it's going to be OK. I really feel for the guy. I also can't help but think of Josh Simpson. Hopefully Max's recovery is considerably more successful than Josh's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, narduch said:

Now Fotmob lists him as out until mid May. Not sure he will be ready by Nations League. 

He said himself in an article from two weeks ago that there is no clear timeline to a return but that the bone fracture itself has healed:

C’est d’autant plus confrontant qu’il n’a aucune idée de quand il sera en mesure de rejouer régulièrement.

« Après l’opération, les médecins ne m’ont pas donné de date ou d’objectif pour un retour au jeu. L’horizon était de quatre à six mois seulement pour que la fracture soit guérie. Après quatre mois, tout est beau à cet égard. C’est encore trop tôt pour que j’aie une date, mais il faut que je sois encore un petit peu patient. Ce n’est pas facile, c’est le défi de ma carrière la patience. Je l’ai aussi vécu quand j’étais avec l’Impact. »

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2023/04/20/mls-maxime-crepeau-remonte-la-pente

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crepeau is practicing again but has not joined full-team training. He worked out on the sidelines before LAFC’s last home match at BMO Stadium, but has yet to suit up for a game — and has no idea when he will.

“We don’t want to do anything that would put pressure on this,” said LAFC assistant coach Marc Dos Santos, who gave a 15-year-old Crepeau his start in professional soccer with the Montreal Impact in 2010. “Right now, it’s really a week-to-week thing. Max is going to come back at the right moment, at the right time.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer/story/2023-07-02/lafc-maxime-crepeau

• 3 weeks later...