Kristopher Twardek

hodgkiss

He's off to a good start this season; against Waterford two weeks ago he forced an own goal, and then against his former club a week ago he started the attack which led to the opener and later scored his first for Bohemians in a 2-0 win.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ansem said:

Confirmed!

Solid move for the young man!

There was a bit of excitement around him when he chose us over Czech Republic and then he sorta faded into the background as he quietly went about his business, building some experience at the lower levels. 

As per transfermarkt, his new club are 4th most valuable in the Polish Ekstralasa

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ekstraklasa/startseite/wettbewerb/PL1

Success at this level could lead to European football and put him in the shop window for a bigger move down the road. Remember, he is still just 23. He has the bulk of his career still ahead of him.  

Edited by Obinna

7 hours ago, shamrock said:

It seems a bit ambitious to me. The gap between the League of Ireland and the Ekstraklasa is huge (although I looked it up and they only differ 7 places on the Uefa ranking). Interesting move.

He'll probably have to earn his stripes. The average age of the squad is 25.1, so at 23 he's now one of the younger members.

It may take some time for him to adjust to the higher level of play, but if he can it's a very nice step up the European ladder. 

Edited by Obinna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He played 70 minutes today vs Legia, I think due to someone else's injury. I haven't watched a lot of Twardek, but he didn't look too great today. He's sorta quick, but doesn't seem to do a lot else... Jagiellonia fans absolutely hate him. Wondering if this level was probably too big of a jump.

• 1 month later...

Speaking of wingers being converted to full backs, he's playing rb pretty much every game now. I think it suits him a lot better at this level - he makes some nice runs to the inside from deep, and his pace is more obvious when he's not dealing with a defender. 

He'd probably be... 4th on our RB list? I think he deserves a call for the Gold Cup. He's improving.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 12:27 PM, PiedPilko said:

Speaking of wingers being converted to full backs, he's playing rb pretty much every game now. I think it suits him a lot better at this level - he makes some nice runs to the inside from deep, and his pace is more obvious when he's not dealing with a defender. 

He'd probably be... 4th on our RB list? I think he deserves a call for the Gold Cup. He's improving.

Richie, Johnston, zbg, Cordova would be my top four. With more experience at RB he could move into the top four. 

25 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

So where is Twardek in the grand scheme of things. He is starting again today. His club is mid-pack in Polish fist division. a few years ago that equals automatic starter for Canada. Now? 

Depending on how strong the Gold Cup roster is maybe, however with a near or full-strength squad he has no chance.  Just subbed out at half in today's game.

47 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

So where is Twardek in the grand scheme of things. He is starting again today. His club is mid-pack in Polish fist division. a few years ago that equals automatic starter for Canada. Now? 

It's too bad he couldn't play Olympic qualifiers to see where he's at relative to other young players on the fringes of the national team.

Just based on club situation I would think his chances aren't any worse than say Tabla or Byrm. However, he would surely have to be behind Buchanan, Corbeanu and Millar. Those 3 are in that category of likely to be picked, but unlikely to be starting in the big games. Until he can join that group I would say he's not even in the picture for World Cup Qualifying.

He can probably join that group if he starts to make an impact and his club continue doing well, but it sounds like he's still a fringe player that's getting a few more looks, as opposed to a player whose really making an impact, such as Buchanan at New England and Millar at Charlton. Corbeanu isn't making an impact either, but Wolves are obviously a much bigger club, so making the bench counts.

Plus if we just consider national team, Corbeanu got his chance with Canada and took it, so he's in the mix. Buchanan is in the mix off the back of a strong Olympic qualifying tournament, and Millar has been in the mix since 2018, so yeah those are the 3 players that Twardek, Brym, Tabla and everyone else who's a wing or forward are chasing. 

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

It's too bad he couldn't play Olympic qualifiers to see where he's at relative to other young players on the fringes of the national team.

Just based on club situation I would think his chances aren't any worse than say Tabla or Byrm. However, he would surely have to be behind Buchanan, Corbeanu and Millar. Those 3 are in that category of likely to be picked, but unlikely to be starting in the big games. Until he can join that group I would say he's not even in the picture for World Cup Qualifying.

He can probably join that group if he starts to make an impact and his club continue doing well, but it sounds like he's still a fringe player that's getting a few more looks, as opposed to a player whose really making an impact, such as Buchanan at New England and Millar at Charlton. Corbeanu isn't making an impact either, but Wolves are obviously a much bigger club, so making the bench counts.

Plus if we just consider national team, Corbeanu got his chance with Canada and took it, so he's in the mix. Buchanan is in the mix off the back of a strong Olympic qualifying tournament, and Millar has been in the mix since 2018, so yeah those are the 3 players that Twardek, Brym, Tabla and everyone else who's a wing or forward are chasing. 

If he continues to play RB, I don't think the above is the right comparison.  Its Richie, Johnston, zbg, Cordova as noted by another poster