Kristopher Twardek

hodgkiss

6 hours ago, Ottawafan said:

That 97 OSU team had a handful of really talented players.  Like elite talent.  Not as good a team as Pica's 83's tho.  97 age level didn't have the depth of the 2000's or the amount of players who played higher level football like the 88's, but they were great to watch.

Sad part is you could see how good he was, the rest of the league could and his club knew what he had to offer.  CSA wouldn't give him the time of day.

I wouldn’t say the 97 OSU team had elite talent but an elite coach in Abe Osman. Osman, had those guys playing so well he would essentially sit on the bench and watch the games as a spectator and say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Kris was the only elite talent. Osman was just able to get the players around Kris to execute what he drilled tactically. Osman deserves a coaching job with Canada Soccer. Would be really nice to see especially as a black coach. Honestly, I feel he could pull a Wilfred Nancy.

5 hours ago, anthony7 said:

I wouldn’t say the 97 OSU team had elite talent but an elite coach in Abe Osman. Osman, had those guys playing so well he would essentially sit on the bench and watch the games as a spectator and say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Kris was the only elite talent. Osman was just able to get the players around Kris to execute what he drilled tactically. Osman deserves a coaching job with Canada Soccer. Would be really nice to see especially as a black coach. Honestly, I feel he could pull a Wilfred Nancy.

He seems happy doing what he’s doing. He’s coaching girls now, and a lot of them get ncaa scholarships. Great guy, who knows the ins and outs of soccer around here over the last 25 years.

4 hours ago, jordan said:

He seems happy doing what he’s doing. He’s coaching girls now, and a lot of them get ncaa scholarships. Great guy, who knows the ins and outs of soccer around here over the last 25 years.

Why don’t guys like Osman get a chance instead of clueless Biello and his staff?

Edited by anthony7

20 hours ago, anthony7 said:

Conte is one of those players that should have gone onto a higher level. He had more skill and touch than KT. I get that doesn’t encompass how you define a  complete player which Twardek was/is. 
He’s one of those types of players Canada soccer can’t seem to elevate from one development level to the next. 

On 12/8/2023 at 1:41 PM, jordan said:

If he wants to come home, TFC should go after him. He said in an interview that he actually trialed for TFC back in 2013/14 but never earned a contract. 

If he could recapture some of his form from his younger days, I would be fine with him replacing Bernadeschi on the right wing. It would be a full circle moment. TFC have no financial flexibility so they should be open to options like these.

4 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

If he wants to come home, TFC should go after him.

All respect to Twardek but MLS has developed to the point where he probably isn't good enough to have an impact in that league. He's probably closer to CPL than MLS these days, as would most players coming from the Irish league. If he couldn't crack the team a decade ago he definitely isn't now.

Edited by Mihairokov

1 hour ago, Mihairokov said:

All respect to Twardek but MLS has developed to the point where he probably isn't good enough to have an impact in that league. He's probably closer to CPL than MLS these days, as would most players coming from the Irish league.

I hear what you’re saying but I’ve seen this guy play first hand. I’m not saying he would tear up MLS but he could make an impact. TFC could get him on the cheap. He’d come in at 26 which is the age when players enter their prime. He’s Toronto born so it would a nice homecoming. There would be extra motivation for him. He would be coming in with a chip on his shoulder based on past rejection. I feel Herdman would be the perfect guy to help him recapture his form from his younger days. Maybe redeem himself and get back into the National Team conversation. He’s very well spoken and has an excellent work ethic. Don’t forget, this guy was the BEST kid in Ontario at one point for my age group.

Come on, he would definitely offer more than what Insigne or Blessing would give you for his price point.

Edited by anthony7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, toontownman said:

Those step over in the first half were both the most glorious and laughable ridiculously stupid I've ever seen.

Looks class at this level for sure.

I vaguely remember that during his two stints with Bohemians he was well known for the step overs