Kristopher Twardek

hodgkiss

Kris twardek is a former OYSL player on that very talented OSU force 1997 team that dominated the oysl. Kris competed against Uccello from Klienburg in the early oysl days and was know as that skill ful and fast blond kid on Ottawa south united force, only players from the Dixie, Ajax, north misssissauga,wodbridge and klienburgh could keep KT in check as those teams hd the best players in the province. Check the oysl archives and you will get real Back ground info prior to KT leaving for England, he was also rumored to go to Everton Fc Academy Kris is one of the best players out of Ottawa south united force.

You know what? I'm not thrilled about his ditching us for the Czech youth team, but he is young. When he plays for us, if he plays his heart out and accepts these call-ups, i'm not going to complain about it. The only thing I can ever ask of any player who plays for us, is to play their best.

I wonder if language could have been a problem?  I know he didn't speak any Czech at the beginning, and I wonder if that played a role in him fitting in? 

I read in a sports newspaper here that the U18 coach said that one camp (last autumn I believe) would be only in English, but Kris was injured so that never happened.

It would be really interesting to read an interview from Kris to see why he decided to make the switch.

1 hour ago, Toje said:

It would be really interesting to read an interview from Kris to see why he decided to make the switch.

Perhaps because he realized he wasn't Czech? He's Canadian. He has Czech ancestry, yes, but Czech people tend to come from the Czech Republic!

5 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Perhaps because he realized he wasn't Czech? He's Canadian. He has Czech ancestry, yes, but Czech people tend to come from the Czech Republic!

I am sure that is what he will say if he gets interviewed but doubt it will be true. 

15 hours ago, Fullback said:

Except this kid is only 19, has made the subs bench for Millwall, and just signed a new one year deal.

That's fair. Much more time to sway my opinion on Twardek as opposed to Vitoria.

It's added depth, which is always a good thing. Just doesn't pass the smell test in my books.

He is still only 19.  We all pulled some hair brain things at that age, so I dont hold any of this against him.  At least he has made his decision and hopefully if the call comes he wont pull a "Cavallini" and he'll show up with a good attitude and contribute.  And who knows, maybe he'll turn into a decent player, I'd rather have more (than less) of these 19 year old fence sitters with us, you never know who is going be be a late bloomer.  

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

He got 9 starts on a team that got relegated and some games where he just stayed on the bench. His national team performance was weak also so he might be able to stay at this level but not move up for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Here Ian Twardek's profile on the official Millwall website... Still says he's Czech but I guess it just hasn't been changed from when he made appearances for the Czech Republic age group sides.

He played for the first team in the League Cup against West Bromwich Albion this season and also spent a month on loan at Braintree Town in the Vanarama National League (6th tier) in February / March.

Another in the list of Canadians to have played for Millwall...

Here's a picture of Twardek playing on loan for Braintree Town against Tranmere Rovers in the 5th tier. Braintree now relegated to the 6th (as per my earlier post). With Millwall's promotion to the Championship for next season, it'll be interesting to see how he progresses.

5882511.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

16 minutes ago, PSG55 said:

Here's a picture of Twardek playing on loan for Braintree Town against Tranmere Rovers in the 5th tier. Braintree now relegated to the 6th (as per my earlier post). With Millwall's promotion to the Championship for next season, it'll be interesting to see how he progresses.

5882511.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

I went to that game! It was against Chester not Trashmere ? He looked really good, although I'm in two minds as to if he's a winger or not. He put in a hell of a cross for braintrees goal and looked speedy, but he also drifted in and out of the play and I wonder if he'd be better suited to playing in the middle

Edited by Brethers8

5 hours ago, Brethers8 said:

I went to that game! It was against Chester not Trashmere ? He looked really good, although I'm in two minds as to if he's a winger or not. He put in a hell of a cross for braintrees goal and looked speedy, but he also drifted in and out of the play and I wonder if he'd be better suited to playing in the middle

Thanks for the head's up Brethers8! Looked a lot like Tranmere so I stand corrected. :D

2 hours ago, PSG55 said:

Thanks for the head's up Brethers8! Looked a lot like Tranmere so I stand corrected. :D

No worries bud! :) Just lay off the tranmere comparisons ;) haha. I hope he gets a loan to a league club next season, or maybe even a promotion chasing conference club, want to see him get some more minutes in

• 6 months later...

"With Millwall likely to add another forward to the first-team squad in January, Twardek’s opportunities in the second half of the season could be limited.

Twardek spent time on loan at National League Braintree last season, but is targeting a Football League side this campaign.

“I’m open. Going into January the questions comes whether you’re going to be staying here or going out on loan,” Twardek said. “It depends on what the manager wants and what he thinks is best. There will be international breaks coming up and I want to be involved in them.

“For any young player, experience in the Football League is what you dream about. You go on loan to the conference with the mindset that you eventually want to be playing in the Football League.

“If given the opportunity to do it I would be thrilled to go.”

https://www.newsatden.co.uk/65349-millwall-youngster-open-to-loan-move.html

• 3 months later...

Good to see Herdman calling up some youngsters for the 24 March 2018 New Zealand match.

Twardek currently on loan from Championship Millwall to League Two Carlisle United:

Kris Twardek will spend the remainder of the 2017/18 campaign on loan at Sky Bet League Two side Carlisle United.

The 20-year-old will link up with Lions loanee James Brown, who is currently in the midst of his own loan spell at Brunton Park.

The winger most recently played in the 4-1 Emirates FA Cup Third Round win over Barnsley on 6th January.

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/kris-twardek-joins-carlisle-united-on-loan/

Edited by dsqpr

Millwall winger Kris Twardek has made quite an impact since his arrival in Cumbria just before the January transfer window closed so we caught up with him to talk about what has been a whirlwind week.

“I was fortunate enough to start the first game and after that it’s just about keeping my place," he said. "It was really good of the manager to put me in the team from the get-go.

"To get the man-of-the-match award in my first game was special. I came here to feel that professional environment, in terms of getting games under my belt and have the fans lifting you up and playing in front of people. I think it’s important to do that and be able to express your game and the way you want to play. 

With the club sending full match coverage back to the Lion's Den after every game, he confirmed that his management team were keeping a close eye on his progress.

And he also confirmed that he's finding the experience to be a rich one so far.

“I can definitely feel myself learning already," he said. "I’m getting games and experiencing that first team culture, which is what I wanted.

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2018/february/twardekinterview6feb18/

Edited by dsqpr

Worried about him dropping down that low but the main thing is that he is getting good competitive experience and games. I thought I had read that millwall hierarchy rated him but that might be wishful thinking as a quick search doesn't show much. 

He has only just turned 21 (just over a week ago) so he has a few more years to keep learning to make an impression to climb up to hopefully a higher level. He is getting to the age where he needs consistent games though.