Kristopher Twardek

hodgkiss

He will be playing with one of my players at the Dannone Cup in Brazil in October and he's at the same tournament as my son in Sweden (Gothia Cup) in a couple of weeks. I'll try and make a point of watching him as he's not in my son's age group (one year younger).

Pretty impressive that he's been asked by the Dallas Texans to travel with them. Dallas Texans are a very big 'mega' club in Texas who recruit players from all over the US to go to tournaments like this. There are tons of good players in Texas alone so for him to be asked, he must be quite good.

In saying that, judging players at 12 to be there at older ages is really difficult. He's a bigger kid than most and hopefully he will continue to develop and not just using his size to his advantage. Watching video of my little player who played at Dannone, Kristopher lokks very very good. Both were captains of their respective region (West/East).

Best of luck to him and hopefully he stays free from high expectations that parents (yours truly included) and youth coaches can put on our sons/daughters and players to meet there potential. He sounds like he has a great support so best of luck!

Let's just be patient and have another look at this kid in a few years - potentially with the u17 national team. He probably needs to find his way into a professional or at least academy full-time training environment....otherwise teams will begin to ruff him up as "the star of ottawa".

• 6 years later...
4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Will be interesting to see if he can break into the first team next year. I didn't realize he was 20 - thought he was younger. He's the same age as Petrasso.

He's a '97, he's 2 years younger than Petrasso. Half way through the 2014-15 season he was promoted to the U21 side as a 17 yr old. He's a pretty decent prospect.

20 hours ago, jpg75 said:

He's a '97, he's 2 years younger than Petrasso. Half way through the 2014-15 season he was promoted to the U21 side as a 17 yr old. He's a pretty decent prospect.

That's good to know. For some reason an article I read about him yesterday said he was 20 years old.

would be nice to see him get first team action next year. Apparently he was in the squad for the last three games of the season (didn't make an appearance) which is a good sign

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

In today's news "Kid who can't hack it at the pro or youth international level comes crawling back".

Colour me unexcited over this development. Vitoria 2.0.

Except this kid is only 19, has made the subs bench for Millwall, and just signed a new one year deal.

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

In today's news "Kid who can't hack it at the pro or youth international level comes crawling back".

Colour me unexcited over this development. Vitoria 2.0.

Didn't he lose out on playing time at Millwall due to injury? I wouldn't write him off yet

Edited by Complete Homer

Here's some further background on Twardek from MLS Reddit:

https://m.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/4lxlwf/millwall_fcs_kris_twardek_exczech_u18_has_filed/

He moved over to Milwall a few years ago (allowed because of his Czech passport) and was pretty hyped on arrival. He was a starter in Milwall's u21 team at 17 and got caps in the Czech youth system (though it should be noted that the Czech have multiple u17/u18 teams and he was never in the top one). He is 19 now and was completely dropped by the Czech youth system and is still playing for Milwall's u21s. He recently resigned with Milwall on a one year contract, after Milwall released him from his first contract due to his wages. Don't expect him to become a world beater, but he could develop into a contributor.