Aidan Morris

Xavier.

I think this is a foregone conclusion.  If you look at his Instagram he is following 739 accounts.  This clearly points to his allegiance to Canada.

To wit:

7 is clearly a reference to the number of letters in Canada (ie. CANADA!)

39 obviously references Canada's 39th Parliament which was the longest minority government (2006 to 2008) since William Lyon Mackenzie King's 14th Parliament.  This Parliament was also noteworthy because on June 3rd, 2008, they passed a motion which allows conscientious objectors to a war not sanctioned by the United Nations to stay in Canada.  Clearly this is in reference to Morris himself who "seeks asylum" within the confines of Canada Soccer as an objection to the United States soccer infrastructure.

I mean, it's all there if you just bother to look.  It's like he's screaming it at us.

28 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I think this is a foregone conclusion.  If you look at his Instagram he is following 739 accounts.  This clearly points to his allegiance to Canada.

To wit:

39 obviously references Canada's 39th Parliament which was the longest minority government (2006 to 2008) since William Lyon Mackenzie King's 14th Parliament.  This Parliament was also noteworthy because on June 3rd, 2008, they passed a motion which allows conscientious objectors to a war not sanctioned by the United Nations to stay in Canada.  Clearly this is in reference to Morris himself who "seeks asylum" within the confines of Canada Soccer as an objection to the United States soccer infrastructure.

I mean, it's all there if you just bother to look.  It's like he's screaming it at us.

Wow.  And here I thought you were just pretty.  

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

To wit:

Also, area code 739 covers the region of Canada where his mother is from.

12 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Is the lack of spoiling (saying things like expect/don't expect surprises) from guys like Wheeler and Platt regarding this roster a good thing or bad thing?

Probably more good than bad if there’s anything to read within that. If they know a player rejected us, there’s a pretty small chance they change their mind, so you could probably feel more comfortable telling fans not to expect a guy Vs. someone committing to us, you might be worried he pulls out at the last minute, so you don’t want to tell everyone to expect Aidan Morris on our roster only for the US to call him at the last minute and sway him. I think that situation is more or less what happened with Stefan Mitrovic.

47 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Is the lack of spoiling (saying things like expect/don't expect surprises) from guys like Wheeler and Platt regarding this roster a good thing or bad thing?

I am pretty sure the roster will be 95% exactly like we expect, except for Morris.  Still dont understand why CMNT delays announcing it everytime when it is always straight forward.

Thinking Brym over Millar and Corbeanu.

And Henry over Hiebert and Waterman probably

I have a hard time thinking Henry doesn't make it. If its the team's last tournament together with the old guard, i think Henry makes it. Eventhough, we all hate it.

Truth is, he will not touch the field and neither would McNaughton, Waterman, Hiebert or Zator

3 hours ago, blueseeka said:

I am pretty sure the roster will be 95% exactly like we expect, except for Morris.  Still dont understand why CMNT delays announcing it everytime when it is always straight forward.

Thinking Brym over Millar and Corbeanu.

And Henry over Hiebert and Waterman probably

In theory you could get around this as the usual protocol is you can make injury changes up until the day before.

Herdman could for example put Jonathan Osorio on the roster he submits to CONCACAF knowing he won't be available and if someone like Morris switches he can do the ole injury switcheroo. If not he just swaps Oso with whoever was going to make it if Morris didn't commit.

Edited by VinceA

1 hour ago, blueseeka said:

I have a hard time thinking Henry doesn't make it. If its the team's last tournament together with the old guard, i think Henry makes it. Eventhough, we all hate it.

Truth is, he will not touch the field and neither would McNaughton, Waterman, Hiebert or Zator

Better to blood some young guy by introducing him to the team culture. No disrespect at all, but Henry is long past national team status and has not played in months. Now is not the time for sentiment especially when rankings are at stake.

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

Not sure when this OneSoccer video was filmed but if they are saying Morris still hasn’t made a decision, what is the timing like on filing a one time switch?  Seems more and more like a GC or beyond decision.

Not 100% sure but I don't think he'd have to file a one-time switch. As far as I can tell, he's only played in friendlies for the US, both at senior and youth level

2 hours ago, blueseeka said:

I trust Herdman on this -