Aidan Morris

Xavier.

16 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Whats your point. That the 7 positives i listed dont count because theres money in play? 

1. Broadcasting deal/ no longer paying to show games. - Who at the CSA are benefiting to the detriment of our national from this?
2. Launch of CPL - How is anyone at CSA profiting from this? The CPL owners arent even making money yet.
3. Acquiring co hosting for WC - Who financially benefits from this?
4. CBA proposed with equal pay per game plus bonus making our womens team the second highest paid in the world. Who, other than the senior teams benefit from this?
5. Hiring of Herdman which led to an insane increase in dual nationals committing, which then led to WCQ. - Who, other than our sr team benefits from this?
6. General popularity of the sport is at an all time high. - Isnt this our entire goal? 
7. The development of league 1 pyramids in BC, Alberta etc. - Who benefits from this other than young players? 

Your post is such nonsense. None of my 7 points listed indicate any financial wrong doing or a rotten system. 

Some positives in there for sure.  Finally consistently being on TV is a good thing.  Should the CSA get credit for broadcasters seeing some need for the content or should we look at the CSA and wonder why didn't they get it on before?
CPL is a good thing.  Never said it wasn't.  League is run by some interesting characters and the CSA has butted heads with it since day one.  The few at the top who pushed it are also the ones who sold the marketing rights to the CPL owners which has turned out to be a bad deal for the CSA.   We don't know all the details to it. They did it without the CSA board having full knowledge of the agreement.  Which is why the players are skeptical of the contents.

CBA proposal.... c'mon man.  They have tried for a couple years to screw over the players.  They finally pushed back.

Hiring Herdman... he wanted the job and pulled a power move to get it.  Ousted Zambrano after less than a year to take his job.  This wasn't the CSA hiring the right guy; Herdman spent a year lobbying for it.

General popularity?  Seriously??  The game  passed all other sports for particiapation what 10 years ago?  20?  Never once has anyone said they joined the game because of the CSA.  What's your point?

League 1 are provincial leagues.  Started and run by the province until the CPL took over administration.  What's your point?

I get it, you want to pump their tires.  Go for it.  I see things differently.

3 minutes ago, Ottawafan said:

Some positives in there for sure.  Finally consistently being on TV is a good thing.  Should the CSA get credit for broadcasters seeing some need for the content or should we look at the CSA and wonder why didn't they get it on before?
CPL is a good thing.  Never said it wasn't.  League is run by some interesting characters and the CSA has butted heads with it since day one.  The few at the top who pushed it are also the ones who sold the marketing rights to the CPL owners which has turned out to be a bad deal for the CSA.   We don't know all the details to it. They did it without the CSA board having full knowledge of the agreement.  Which is why the players are skeptical of the contents.

CBA proposal.... c'mon man.  They have tried for a couple years to screw over the players.  They finally pushed back.

Hiring Herdman... he wanted the job and pulled a power move to get it.  Ousted Zambrano after less than a year to take his job.  This wasn't the CSA hiring the right guy; Herdman spent a year lobbying for it.

General popularity?  Seriously??  The game  passed all other sports for particiapation what 10 years ago?  20?  Never once has anyone said they joined the game because of the CSA.  What's your point?

League 1 are provincial leagues.  Started and run by the province until the CPL took over administration.  What's your point?

I get it, you want to pump their tires.  Go for it.  I see things differently.

I think you missed the point entirely.  You claim that the system is rotting because only a select few benefit. I was asking you to show who is benefiting financially at the cost of the program on the 7 points that you replied too. None of your responses talk about your original claim of financial rot. 

As for your debate on my 7 points.... I started off my list by saying alot of these topics are debatable but the point is that we have more positive debatable topics than we did 10, 20 years ago etc.  If in 10 years this list of debatable topic grows even further, then canada soccer will have improved even if we cant fully know if we should give credit to the CSA or not. 

3 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I think you missed the point entirely.  You claim that the system is rotting because only a select few benefit. I was asking you to show who is benefiting financially at the cost of the program on the 7 points that you replied too. None of your responses talk about your original claim of financial rot. 

As for your debate on my 7 points.... I started off my list by saying alot of these topics are debatable but the point is that we have more positive debatable topics than we did 10, 20 years ago etc.  If in 10 years this list of debatable topic grows even further, then canada soccer will have improved even if we cant fully know if we should give credit to the CSA or not. 

All this started because we don't have enough youth camps, which is the direct responsibility of the CSA.  Somehow you've attempted to show the positives of the CSA, which many aren't, and swing it to the CSB.

Why don't we have more youth camps?

2 minutes ago, Ottawafan said:

All this started because we don't have enough youth camps, which is the direct responsibility of the CSA.  Somehow you've attempted to show the positives of the CSA, which many aren't, and swing it to the CSB.

Why don't we have more youth camps?

What are you talking about? I was talking to another member about if there is or isnt improvements from the CSA in the past 4 years. Go troll someone else.  Im done engaging with your nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

What are you talking about? I was talking to another member about if there is or isnt improvements from the CSA in the past 4 years. Go troll someone else.  Im done engaging with your nonsense. 

The comments from Herdman about losing out in Morris due to the lack of youth camps.  That’s where this started.    
You sure like to obstruct and pivot away from things.
Why isn’t the CSA running more camps? 

Page 8.  I responded to InglewoodJack. You quoted me and started into CSB. Again. 

Edited by Ottawafan

28 minutes ago, Ottawafan said:

The comments from Herdman about losing out in Morris due to the lack of youth camps.  That’s where this started.    

Page 8.  I responded to InglewoodJack. You quoted me and started into CSB. Again. 

Pivot away from things? You went on a rant about how much money you spent going to qatar.......

On page 8:
You asked why the CSA doesnt raise funds. The CSB deal raised funds. Are you suggesting that the CSB deal didnt raise between 3-4 million dollars per year? It is highly relevant that an organization look at the different revenue streams in order to create budgets.... budgets that include youth camps (obviously not as often as we all would like). 

However, that was 4 pages ago and I started a discussion with another poster about the CSA in general. This part of the conversation was not with you.  I dont get why youre so desperate for my attention but go back to  your bridge you troll.  

26 minutes ago, Ottawafan said:

There aren't camps because there isn't any money. There isn't any money because of: 1. COVID blew a 2-year hole in revenues; 2. Player strikes and related lost revenue; 3. Senior squads wanting more $; 4. Fixed expenses, legal and PR costs related to items 2&3, including additional legal related to performative political committee BS and now additional audit fees; 5. General CSA incompetence, including the managerial style that led to items 2 and 4 above, as well as an inability to fully capture revenue-generating opportunities.

3 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Pivot away from things? You went on a rant about how much money you spent going to qatar.......

On page 8:
You asked why the CSA doesnt raise funds. The CSB deal raised funds. Are you suggesting that the CSB deal didnt raise between 3-4 million dollars per year? It is highly relevant that an organization look at the different revenue streams in order to create budgets.... budgets that include youth camps (obviously not as often as we all would like). 

However, that was 4 pages ago and I started a discussion with another poster about the CSA in general. This part of the conversation was not with you.  I dont get why youre so desperate for my attention but go back to  your bridge you troll.  

Listen muppet. You chirped me that I should go cheer for another country.  Pointed out anyone willing to sacrifice and spend the money to go support their country in Qatar isn’t some fly by night internet fan.  
Keep dodging. 

5 minutes ago, Soro17 said:

There aren't camps because there isn't any money. There isn't any money because of: 1. COVID blew a 2-year hole in revenues; 2. Player strikes and related lost revenue; 3. Senior squads wanting more $; 4. Fixed expenses, legal and PR costs related to items 2&3, including additional legal related to performative political committee BS and now additional audit fees; 5. General CSA incompetence, including the managerial style that led to items 2 and 4 above, as well as an inability to fully capture revenue-generating opportunities.

There isn’t money because of CSA incompetence which led to 2 and 4. Don’t blame the players. The CSA tried to screw them over.  The money they receive from going to WC… had they not made it, how were they going to pay for various CSA initiatives or camps?

5 hours ago, Bigandy said:

The CSA also deserves giving credit for offering to make the women the 2nd highest paid team. They could have easily offered them a salary that matched their play (which is not the 2nd best team in the world consistently). They could also have offered a salary that is proportional to the amount of funds the CSA has. Obviously there are other federations who have waaaay deeper pockets who pay their players less.  

I don't understand why this is a positive. Our governing body doesn't have enough money to properly fund all of their programs, yet they are going to overpay the players (based on their ability/accomplishments)? Sounds like a very poor idea to me.

This discussion should probably be moved out of the Aidan Morris thread.

21 minutes ago, masster said:

I don't understand why this is a positive. Our governing body doesn't have enough money to properly fund all of their programs, yet they are going to overpay the players (based on their ability/accomplishments)? Sounds like a very poor idea to me.

100% its debatable. Business saavy vs equal pay/treating our players really well.  I'd personally prefer to cut pay from both sr teams and use it for youth camps.  But ya this shouldnt be in the morris thread.

14 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

I don't have hate for this kid. He was born, raised and developed in US. And Herdman said that his heart is in the States which is honorable and respectable in my books.

I rather keep my venom for the Flores' of this world. 😉

I wish him well. It's interesting that his heart is with the US, as it should be, and he wants to fight for his spot on the "A" team, when clearly he would have a better opportunity with Canada which may have  been more beneficial for his  Pro career. Now contrast that with Farsi.

30 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

I don't have hate for this kid. He was born, raised and developed in US. And Herdman said that his heart is in the States which is honorable and respectable in my books.

I rather keep my venom for the Flores' of this world. 😉

I’m shifting from being a hater for him not committing to us to being a hater because he wears the US jersey in general.  

2 hours ago, masster said:

At this point who cares, the whole thread right from the start has been garbage, why not let it just run as a catch all thread??  I dont get why he would let Herdman put his name on the provisional roster when he had no intention of coming over and was an auto call up for the USA.  What was the point of all this???

11 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I know it’s inevitable that he will be capped by playing in enough games, but I don’t think being on the squad cap tying someone is a thing.  Looks like everyone at One Soccer is saying it.

You are right that being named to a squad does not cap tie, but playing even 1 minute of a GC or WC cap ties immediately. The 3+ games thing only applies for CNL & WCQ.

Just now, maplebanana said:

You are right that being named to a squad does not cap tie, but playing even 1 minute of a GC or WC cap ties immediately. The 3+ games thing only applies for CNL & WCQ.

Other sources have said simply being in the tournament squad cap ties you.