Aidan Morris

Xavier.

Aidan Morris (Nov. 16, 2001) - Currently playing for Columbus Crew - Center Midfield

Eligible for the USA. Played for USMNT during their recent domestic camp against Mexico and Serbia. There was a lot of questions about his eligibility to Canada.

He is on the preliminary list for the upcoming Nations League games.

14 minutes ago, Xavier. said:

Aidan Morris (Nov. 16, 2001) - Currently playing for Columbus Crew - Center Midfield

Eligible for the USA. Played for USMNT during their recent domestic camp against Mexico and Serbia. There was a lot of questions about his eligibility to Canada.

He is on the preliminary list for the upcoming Nations League games.

Anyone know how he played in the USMNT camp?

This could mean nothing or a lot, maybe there’s a chance he thought there was no realistic way for him to be a regular USA player behind, Mckennie,Musah,Adams,De la torre,Booth and Tillman even though Adams is the only true DM there whereas with Canada there’s only Eustaquio and Koné who would be clear cut ahead of him.

55 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Can’t seem him committing to us so I’m thinking this is a bit of gamesmanship on our part. Force a bubble player into their squad who wouldn’t otherwise be called and sow some discontent in their squad. 

This makes no sense. Why would there be discontent on calling up a youngster whos on the bubble? This isnt the WC squad so calling in a new player as your 23rd guy isnt going to cause problems for the team. Who would be upset at that. The other competitors who are at the 23rd spot and wouldnt be called up and therefore cant be around to cause issues?

If hes not good enough on the bubble then the USA could call our bluff and then we either don't call him up and nothing happens or we call him up and then have discontent within our squad(using your logic). 

This would have to be some weird 4d chess with many things aligning for it to actually have any impact on the USA squad. 

It is a waste of a space unless there is encouragement from his camp. Priso could have been on there instead or Farsi, Cambridge. He has 2 caps for the states according to Wiki? Doesn't that make him ineligible for us for three years anyway? Or were they friendlies that don't count?

Most likely his agents gave the CSA encouragement to force the US Camps hand. We shall see. 

Where is morris in our depth charts. I no virtually nothing about him but it sounds like hes a CDM. 

Staq is currently our cdm but he plays as more of an 8. So a midfield of staq, kone and a true CDM would be a good system. 

At CDM I would imagine it goes. 
1. piette
2. Morris
3. Loturi

At CDM/CM hybrid
1. staq
2. Piette
3. Morris
4. MAK
5. Loturi 
(maybe choinirre has boosted himself into 4,5,6 spot)
Can anyone else weigh in? 

31 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Where is morris in our depth charts. I no virtually nothing about him but it sounds like hes a CDM. 

Staq is currently our cdm but he plays as more of an 8. So a midfield of staq, kone and a true CDM would be a good system. 

1. piette
2. Morris
3. Loturi

At CDM/CM hybrid
1. staq
2. Piette
3. Morris
4. MAK
5. Loturi 

I believe he's a CDM.

45 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

1. piette
2. Morris
3. Loturi

At CDM/CM hybrid
1. staq
2. Piette
3. Morris
4. MAK
5. Loturi 

On current form and potential, I put Choiniere above MAK but he doesn't have the pedigree/experience which Herdman clearly values. That's why someone like Piette would still be above Choiniere and Morris, even though they have certain qualities that Piette doesn't have (plus more potential).

To be honest:

I would imagine he has interest as we left out some guys to name him.

he is well regarded by the US, and they seen him as having a future there. This would be a big coup for us, don’t kid yourselves.

however, there are top players ahead of him and big prospects behind him, the US team is going to get crowded and very good fast. He might not have that ceiling. 

From what I know the kid can play and would be one of our better midfielders and a go to off the bench. could be wrong but he’d be be above Piette imo.

His brother used to have a Canadian emoji on his Instagram bio. Probably how they found out.

One key factor here is he is U23/Olympic-eligible for the USA. Given the core four central midfielders of Adams, McKennie, Musah, and de La Torre for the US senior team, he is more realistically for their U23s than an A-senior team. So it might be more of a US U23s vs Canadian senior team question. Unless the US tries to permanently cap-tie him this summer.

33 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

To be honest:

I would imagine he has interest as we left out some guys to name him.

he is well regarded by the US, and they seen him as having a future there. This would be a big coup for us, don’t kid yourselves.

however, there are top players ahead of him and big prospects behind him, the US team is going to get crowded and very good fast. He might not have that ceiling. 

From what I know the kid can play and would be one of our better midfielders and a go to off the bench. could be wrong but he’d be be above Piette imo.

We didnt leave any guys out for morris. We have 7 spots open. 

1 hour ago, Bigandy said:

We didnt leave any guys out for morris. We have 7 spots open. 

Thank you for finally pointing this out... no one got left out, we didn't even name the max number of guys.

Whether this is gamesmanship between federations or not, Morris still needs to accept the call to the list, so that's saying something. 

Also, is there anything to be read into that Koleosho is not on the American 60 man list?