Match Thread: World Cup Group F - Matchday 1 - Belgium v Canada - November 23, 2022 - 10pm local time / 2pm ET / 11am PT

narduch

2 hours ago, canadasoccer20 said:

Can't believe we are one sleep away from watching us play in the world cup. Still remember being in high school watching Canada lose 8-1 in honduras and generally thinking that the dream is just not meant to be. It's honestly surreal to realize its happening tomorrow. 

I generally think this group is special and will shock the world. Just watching the snaps and clips of the team in Qatar, they seem so relaxed, in good spirits.. this group is special. 

I think we pull it off tomorrow (not bias or anything lol): I'll say 2-1 , goals by David and Eustaquio.

Can it be 2 pm ET yet??????????

I have exactly the same predictions. Go Canada Go!

2 hours ago, sstackho said:

Do you mean the Spain/Costa Rica game?  

I think it's great that a 3-hour Canada pre-game show exists, but come on, even I won't be watching it when there's another World Cup match going on.  

Yes, I mean Germany/Japan.

Yeah, I agree ... I started digging because I wanted to make sure I'd recorded Germany/Japan, as I had some errands to run before the Canada game (like break out my 10-year old from school at lunch time :) )

15 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Yes, I mean Germany/Japan.

Yeah, I agree ... I started digging because I wanted to make sure I'd recorded Germany/Japan, as I had some errands to run before the Canada game (like break out my 10-year old from school at lunch time :) )

My little guy has the day off so we can watch it together.   Its going to be special.  

It's 3:30 am here and I'm typing this up while lying in bed. I went to bed at 2 am and was tossing and turning for an hour and I could not fall asleep. So fuck it, guess I'm pulling an all nighter and then watching MAR v CRO at 5 am. Will probably pass out at 7am and get a few hours of sleep before I get up and head to a bar for the big event.

(For context: I work night shifts and I have no work today so this isn't like the worst thing in the world for me right now).

1 hour ago, N-A said:

The long wait is almost over. 36 years has gone by between our last World Cup games. This moment is for everyone of us that has supported Canadian Soccer over the years. Bring on the big stage. I'll be watching from a pub in Aberdeen, Scotland. Hopefully getting a few Scots to support our team.

Yeah what a feeling this is. Hope the team isn’t overwhelmed by the moment and can settle in after 5-10 minutes. To think of all the shitty moments we’ve had to endure since ‘86 makes this day that much sweeter. Hoping for the best today and we’ll see what happens. 

After nearly 25 years, the day I have dreamed of is almost here. I decided I need to be alone for this. I hope everyone gets what they want from our game. Hold fast and I'll see you on the other side.

No line ups, no predictions. 

Canada, play with flair, passion and attack. Thats what this team is built for. The rest will take care of it self.

1 hour ago, ADP10 said:

Can‘t believe some schools won’t be showing this game to their students and robbing them of their childhood

Kids stay at home today, parents be national heroes,  Trudeau do your thing man,  put a TV on every school in the country for the WC,  and schools are ultra conservative if they refuse

7 hours ago, canadasoccer20 said:

Can't believe we are one sleep away from watching us play in the world cup. Still remember being in high school watching Canada lose 8-1 in honduras and generally thinking that the dream is just not meant to be. It's honestly surreal to realize its happening tomorrow. 

I generally think this group is special and will shock the world. Just watching the snaps and clips of the team in Qatar, they seem so relaxed, in good spirits.. this group is special. 

I think we pull it off tomorrow (not bias or anything lol): I'll say 2-1 , goals by David and Eustaquio.

Can it be 2 pm ET yet??????????

That's my feeling also. We win it 2-1.

2 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Schools are not governed by the federal government. 

Ah didn't know that,  is like in Argentina every province have the power, nevertheless our 23 provinces will play the matches at school,  but most parents say,  kids stay at home