Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

This business of making a mistake by keeping one player who is not as good as the guy you let go.

If a club is producing talent it'll happen all the time. Not with the great talents, but it's common with the good ones. It's a by-product of producing young talent and not being able to keep it all. 

Barça got rid of Cucurella, who's rumored for Man City now, and kept Mingueza, and they are light years different. You just live with it. 

For me it's much worse to overpay a transfer for someone or break the bank on a salary that's not justified, as it creates a more fundamental imbalance than an "error" between two talented kids. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This business of making a mistake by keeping one player who is not as good as the guy you let go.

If a club is producing talent it'll happen all the time. Not with the great talents, but it's common with the good ones. It's a by-product of producing young talent and not being able to keep it all. 

Barça got rid of Cucurella, who's rumored for Man City now, and kept Mingueza, and they are light years different. You just live with it. 

For me it's much worse to overpay a transfer for someone or break the bank on a salary that's not justified, as it creates a more fundamental imbalance than an "error" between two talented kids. 

In addition to this, In MLS there is so much player movement that it isn’t that far fetched that a player could come back to the same club where he originated (especially if it is his home town) and was then let go or traded. Look at what just happened with Kaye, for example. If Priso and JRR continue to develop at American clubs and become regular starters, it is not as though it will be impossible for them to land back at TFC at some point in the future. Heck, even Bob Bradley said that about Priso in response to John Molinaro whining to him about the trade after the TFC-SJ game

14 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

In addition to this, In MLS there is so much player movement that it isn’t that far fetched that a player could come back to the same club where he originated (especially if it is his home town) and was then let go or traded. Look at what just happened with Kaye, for example. If Priso and JRR continue to develop at American clubs and become regular starters, it is not as though it will be impossible for them to land back at TFC at some point in the future. Heck, even Bob Bradley said that about Priso in response to John Molinaro whining to him about the trade after the TFC-SJ game

We might see that happen more with TFC but not in Vancouver.  They're clearly a selling club for their Academy grads, not a buy-back club (that might change when Phonsie is in his late 30s and decides to come back to finish his career in MLS following the 2038 World Cup, re-united with Caps Sporting Director Russell Teibert😉).

15 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

(that might change when Phonsie is in his late 30s and decides to come back to finish his career in MLS following the 2038 World Cup, re-united with Caps Sporting Director Russell Teibert😉).

If Teibert is the Director, Phonsie will have to learn just to pass backwards and when they do get forward, Akio will be on the side to clear any goal scoring opportunities off the line. 

5 hours ago, Soccerpro2 said:

He had a great 1st start for Columbus. He didn't do much in the games after that. Columbus has also added a DP striker. Writing was on the wall.

Caleb Porter does not know how to develop the kid.  So what does he do, he demotes the player.  Porter lacks vision.  Russell-Rowe should not be playing on the second team. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, solsous said:

I mentioned Caleb Porter in relationship to Russel-Rowe before.  There is no way he should be with the reserve team.

You’re right but he also has to play. Hopefully he’s still training with the first team.

Look, either Columbus plays him or loans him, or he’s sold in the winter. Someone is going to take notice of this guy.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

I can’t watch those videos…my eyes are really good, but I’ll take Pacific sightlines over these MNP highlights with their cameras from space.

I can't believe that the MLS allowed such poor quality of camera work with their brand.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

I can’t watch those videos…my eyes are really good, but I’ll take Pacific sightlines over these MNP highlights with their cameras from space.

I have watched the USL, USL-C alot following the CDN kids/CDN reserve teams, and this NEXTPRO is the worst.  It is almost unwatchable. Such poor production values.