Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

41 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

From what I understand from MLS rules, TFC would still hold his homegrown rights, so if Columbus wanted to promote him to the first team they would have to trade for his homegrown rights.

So messed up if true. Either sign him or don’t. No way TFC should have any rights for him if they didn’t want to sign him now. 

10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

HAHA, this is MLS.  It would be about the 1000th stupid roster rule they have.  How can someone else sign him if TFC own his rights??  

They only hold his MLS rights, there are several instances of draft picks signing with another MLS2 team and then the team sending a draft pick or a bit of GAM to obtain the MLS rights.

Edit: Recent example, Sean O'Hearn was drafted by Minnesota in 2021, signed with New England 2, Minnesota just traded his College rights to TFC, TFC will holds those rights to the end of 2022.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

14 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Smart from him. There's no room for him at TFC unfortunately.

Wait….there’s no room for him at TFCII?
I strongly disagree. They don’t have any forwards right now.

If your talking chance of promotion to the first team, the Crew would be tougher to crack imo. 

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

Wait….there’s no room for him at TFCII?
I strongly disagree. They don’t have any forwards right now.

If your talking chance of promotion to the first team, the Crew would be tougher to crack imo. 

I’m talking first team. All players ahead of him were signed to the first team and have been much higher rated in the TFC system. Not to mention other youngish players like Shaffelburg and Akinola plus the impending transfer of Insigne and whoever else they bring. 

There is no chance the Crew first team is going to be harder to crack. Just ask Fraser.

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I’m talking first team. All players ahead of him were signed to the first team and have been much higher rated in the TFC system. Not to mention other youngish players like Shaffelburg and Akinola plus the impending transfer of Insigne and whoever else they bring. 

Shaffelburg is currently playing LB. But to your argument, I'll say Akinola, and Peruzza and maybe Kerr (who's being played as winger).

Out of those three guys, Akinola is the only out and out, proven to score in MLS, back to defender playing striker. Which is also Jacens style. My point is, TFC should've at least tried to sign him at TFCII since he was willing to sign with the Crew.

You don't stop developing players because you "already have a few". The possibility of the lot they have right now to not pan out is very high.

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

There is no chance the Crew first team is going to be harder to crack. Just ask Fraser.

....Fraser was an emergency intra-league loan signing for them. A few guys on their roster was out for extended periods. Artur, Nagbe, KItchen were all out injured when he signed. 

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

Shaffelburg is currently playing LB. But to your argument, I'll say Akinola, and Peruzza and maybe Kerr (who's being played as winger).

Out of those three guys, Akinola is the only out and out, proven to score in MLS, back to defender playing striker. Which is also Jacens style. My point is, TFC should've at least tried to sign him at TFCII since he was willing to sign with the Crew.

You don't stop developing players because you "already have a few".
The possibility of the lot they have right now to not pan out is very high.

....Fraser was an emergency intra-league loan signing for them. A few guys on their roster was out for extended periods. Artur, Nagbe, KItchen were all out injured when he signed. 

Who said TFC II didn't try to sign him? 

• 4 weeks later...

Even better, in the spirit of dissecting fan attendance and sweating over every game and every fan I have studied the tape and deduced there were 118 fans at the stadium.  Assuming they havnt had any promotions or specials...10$ a ticket (I checked!!), they turned almost 1200 of revenue of this game!! Woooo hoooo!!  What a business model....reserve leagues are the way to go!!  

Sorry JRR, I just had to get that off my chest, nice to see you scoring with your new team.  

I think Russell-Rowe will be as good or better then most of the young Canadians currently with TFC.  Top player with the USDA program, leading scorer with Canada U17 and probably learned a lot at Maryland, one of the top NCAA programs.

And if I'm not mistaken TFC still holds his MLS rights.  (Unless he didn't meet the minimum training requirements).

50 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I think Russell-Rowe will be as good or better then most of the young Canadians currently with TFC.  Top player with the USDA program, leading scorer with Canada U17 and probably learned a lot at Maryland, one of the top NCAA programs.

And if I'm not mistaken TFC still holds his MLS rights.  (Unless he didn't meet the minimum training requirements).

He may be, but it’s very crowded at TFC, similar with Catavolo in Montreal.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:32 PM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

From what I understand from MLS rules, TFC would still hold his homegrown rights, so if Columbus wanted to promote him to the first team they would have to trade for his homegrown rights.

Does this also mean Columbus would not require an international slot to add him to the roster?

4 hours ago, Shway said:

He should be deemed a "domestic" considering he's an academy, and former college player....but you know the rules are wonky for Canadians. To my knowledge Farsi is considered an international.

I think you are right, Russell-Rowe is an academy product and he signed his first pro contract with MLS or an MLS affiliate therefore domestic throughout the league, since Farsi is neither he counts as an International.

1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I think you are right, Russell-Rowe is an academy product and he signed his first pro contract with MLS or an MLS affiliate therefore domestic throughout the league, since Farsi is neither he counts as an International.

I think this is exactly it. The reason why I've said "Is Our Future in Our Hands" or the ongoing discussion of "How long until...MLS to CPL". 

If you're a Canadian, and you sign your first professional contract with a CPL team. It effects your eligibility status in MLS, meaning it will hinder your opportunity to sign directly to a MLS first team other than the 3 Canadian teams.

How is this the top of our system? 

He (Farsi) has to hope that the Crew have intended to sign him to the first team but due to international roster rules he has to wait it out, perform, and hope by next year he'll have his green card.

Until then Canadians aren't "worth" wasting an international roster spot on.

14 minutes ago, Shway said:

I think this is exactly it. The reason why I've said "Is Our Future in Our Hands" or the ongoing discussion of "How long until...MLS to CPL". 

If you're a Canadian, and you sign your first professional contract with a CPL team. It effects your eligibility status in MLS, meaning it will hinder your opportunity to sign directly to a MLS first team other than the 3 Canadian teams.

How is this the top of our system? 

He (Farsi) has to hope that the Crew have intended to sign him to the first team but due to international roster rules he has to wait it out, perform, and hope by next year he'll have his green card.

Until then Canadians aren't "worth" wasting an international roster spot on.

And to make matters worse they have now given the 3 Canadian clubs extra International spots