Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

9 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

He was sent down for playing time because they got Cucho, JRR was great in his stint and belonged, he just got in at the wrong time. No chance he was going to be given the shot at displacing their record signing 

Don’t disagree. Also doesn’t change the fact he’s going to have to prove it at the 1st team level rather than reserve team level before anyone really cares.

1 hour ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Don’t disagree. Also doesn’t change the fact he’s going to have to prove it at the 1st team level rather than reserve team level before anyone really cares.

European teams have been scouting USL champ for awhile, I highly doubt someone with his scoring record has gone unnoticed. It won’t be a big club, but I don’t see why a team in day Norway, Sweden even Switzerland wouldn’t take a flyer on him. Hell a lower table Portuguese team might try. 

On 9/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, narduch said:

It's still early, but this might end up being a bit of an issue for MLS.

Players that are too good for Next Pro but still not good enough for MLS

Agree!  I really believe that the USL Championship is a very good league.  It mainly caters to veteran international as well as domestic players that are battle tested.  If he doesn't get opportunities with the first team, a loan with one of the top teams in the championship will help with his development.  

Why would they loan him to another minor league, when they created this league to use as a farm club/reserve league?  If he cant make the big club he'll end up like the parade of prospects TFC has had over the years, a lot of sitting on the bench in MLS, then yo-yoing u and down with a few games at a low level surrounded by stiffs.  But..he already showed pretty well in his MLS cameo, better for him if he can just stick with the first team.  

23 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Why would they loan him to another minor league, when they created this league to use as a farm club/reserve league?  If he cant make the big club he'll end up like the parade of prospects TFC has had over the years, a lot of sitting on the bench in MLS, then yo-yoing u and down with a few games at a low level surrounded by stiffs.  But..he already showed pretty well in his MLS cameo, better for him if he can just stick with the first team.  

I hear you.  I said if he can't make the first team.  USL Championship is much stronger than Next Pro.  Heck, one of their teams made it to finals of the Open Cup.  There use to be a time that when a player was cut/release from a MLS team, his career was pretty much over.  Now, most of the talented ones are on a USL squad and doing well.  One player that comes to mind is Juan Agudelo.

On 9/25/2022 at 1:30 PM, Bison44 said:

This is why the CPL strategy (not sure if it's actually a strategy or cost cutting, but I believe at one point Clanachan did say it was a strategy) of not having academies isn't completely without merit. With academy systems you've got players in a team's system that doesn't get a proper chance, and every team is mostly looking inward at their own academy for their young prospects. If you've got development leagues like L1O, PLSQ, and L1BC that the pro teams can scout and take what they need, this problem is potentially lessened. As long as the level of coaching is high for players in these feeder leagues and their youth leagues before that, they have a chance to turn into good pros.

I know people hate drafts (and I kind of do too) but one thing drafts have going for them is that the best players in the draft (at least in NHL, NBA, and NFL) go to bad teams, which can use the help. You don't have the next big potential superstar drafted by the championship team and then sitting on the bench behind the best player in the league. (I am not trying to imply that TFC or even Columbus are particularly good this season). I'm not trying to advocate for the draft in CPL, but it's similar at a conceptual level. Without academies you sign who you need instead of players from your own academy that have lots of potential that you aren't necessarily all in on developing.

12 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Super interested to see where him and Farsi play this weekend. Crew 2 have the finals on Saturday, while Crew 1 have a must win game to make the playoffs on Sunday.

I would assume he plays in both- I think both him and Farsi have pulled doubleheaders this year with both teams on the same day, so if the games are on different days, I’d expect them to play both. Doubt they’d play many minutes for CC1, and CC2 is already too easy for them, so they should manage.

18 hours ago, narduch said:

Crew are stupid if Farsi and Russell-Rowe play in the Next Pro final.

I think they’ll play in the final and then be options off the bench. They’re not guaranteed to get into the first team game so it would be foolish to leave them out of a cup final IMO.

19 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I think they’ll play in the final and then be options off the bench. They’re not guaranteed to get into the first team game so it would be foolish to leave them out of a cup final IMO.

Anybody that has played any type of sports wants to experience playing in a final for a championship. I don’t care if it’s your local Sunday League beer league final , of course these players should be playing in this final .

11 minutes ago, narduch said:

You guys are nuts 

The 1st team always trumps the reserves.

Next Pro may not even exist in 5 years 

Who cares if it’s not around in 5 years , it’s about a player experiencing playing and winning a championship, that’s why you play sports to experiencing winning . Winning a championship can give you experience and confidence, knowing how to play and win a big game a championship can help in the future if one of these players has the chance to play in a final in whatever team they may play on in the future .

4 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Who cares if it’s not around in 5 years , it’s about a player experiencing playing and winning a championship, that’s why you play sports to experiencing winning . Winning a championship can give you experience and confidence, knowing how to play and win a big game a championship can help in the future if one of these players has the chance to play in a final in whatever team they may play on in the future .

The 1st team literally has an important match the next day. That is way more important 

This discussion is stupid.

Just now, narduch said:

The 1st team literally has an important match the next day. That is way more important 

This discussion is stupid.

But it’s not like these guys have played a lot of minutes for the first team and now being sent down to the reserve team instead of playing in a big game for the first team. These players even if they sat on the bench for the first team in their game will probably not see the field .