Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

3 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Why? It's not like Nancy is Canadian and has a patriotic streak. He's French and if those two get minutes it'll just be because they can play. Their nationality will mean nothing.

He did a good job of giving Kone his shot at Montreal, and before he came out of nowhere, he gave Zouhir a shot. Even got ZBG involved as much as he can. With that in mind, I think he lets a guy like JRR, who ran away with the golden boot in Next Pro, a fair shot to play and also to work through his mistakes. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

He did a good job of giving Kone his shot at Montreal, and before he came out of nowhere, he gave Zouhir a shot. Even got ZBG involved as much as he can. With that in mind, I think he lets a guy like JRR, who ran away with the golden boot in Next Pro, a fair shot to play and also to work through his mistakes. 

Did he give them a shot or was it a directive from Renard in management? "We're going el cheapo so you need to play the Canucks. They're willing to play for steamed hotdogs and Lefleur fries. We'll allow poutine if they show progress"

58 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Did he give them a shot or was it a directive from Renard in management? "We're going el cheapo so you need to play the Canucks. They're willing to play for steamed hotdogs and Lefleur fries. We'll allow poutine if they show progress"

Kone deserved his minutes though- Nancy simply didn't stand in the way of his progress like other coaches might. I don't even think it's a Canadian thing- Thorkelsson played, Miljevic got a shot, etc.

My concern with JRR is that as good as he has been for Next Pro, it's still a very new league with many very bad players. How does his performance in NP translate to MLS? That's still somewhat of an unknown quantity. Like we see with top academies in Europe, performing well on the "youth" squad doesn't always translate to minutes, so I hope that JRR is given a chance to show what he's got for the big team. I think many coaches, especially those who come from bigger clubs would not give him that chance so easily, but I think Nancy will.

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

Don't knock a "steamie" ...they're pretty darn tasty.  Although I'm partial to La Belle Pro fries myself ... could get an entire meal there for under $4 back in the day ...

6 minutes ago, Addona said:

Don't knock a "steamie" ...they're pretty darn tasty.  Although I'm partial to La Belle Pro fries myself ... could get an entire meal there for under $4 back in the day ...

Not really fair, come for football talk, get tempted by forbidden food. 

A good hot dog of any kind is not common in the UK. They sell them bottled in brine and call them New York style.  It that actually a thing? And they are just learning to make a sausage that isn't mostly filler. 

21 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Has Nancy ever played with 2 strikers? Unless he can use JRR as a winger don't think JRR can hope for more than minutes off the bench with Cucho Hernandez ahead of him.

He sort of did. Mihailovic was sort of a SS at times for Montreal with Quioto up top. I don't see Columbus running a 2 striker system though at the moment because they have Zelarayan and also they don't have much striker depth outside JRR and Cucho.

17 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not really fair, come for football talk, get tempted by forbidden food. 

A good hot dog of any kind is not common in the UK. They sell them bottled in brine and call them New York style.  It that actually a thing? And they are just learning to make a sausage that isn't mostly filler. 

Wait what? I have never heard of this. This is awful.

Footy Scran is one of my favourite twitter follows- just pics of the absolute monstrosities they pass off as foot at british football stadiums. CF Montreal has poutines. Colwyn Bay, on the other hand, serves... whatever this is:

Edited by InglewoodJack

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Wait what? I have never heard of this. This is awful.

Footy Scran is one of my favourite twitter follows- just pics of the absolute monstrosities they pass off as foot at british football stadiums. CF Montreal has poutines. Colwyn Bay, on the other hand, serves... whatever this is:

15 years ago you could get pie, liquor (not that kind) and mash at the Boleyn. But even 10 years ago when I was back it was Pukka pies and burgers.

There were some okay stuff outside, I remember particularly a Jamaican food truck that had jerk chicken and patties that were good and cheap.

Really not do much at the Olympic stadium, but I can't get myself to buy popcorn at a film.

29 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

15 years ago you could get pie, liquor (not that kind) and mash at the Boleyn. But even 10 years ago when I was back it was Pukka pies and burgers.

There were some okay stuff outside, I remember particularly a Jamaican food truck that had jerk chicken and patties that were good and cheap.

Really not do much at the Olympic stadium, but I can't get myself to buy popcorn at a film.

They currently sell pie, liquor and mash at West Ham matches. I can’t imagine it is very good quality. G Kelly on Roman Rd is only about a 20 minute walk and fir my money, the best pie and mash in London. 

At the Boleyn, I would eat at the Green Street cafe or from the Ribman when he was serving out of the back of the Boleyn tavern. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I was at the Olympic Stadium, I just grabbed something from the food court at the Westfield's between getting off the tube and walking across to the ground. Washed down my food with a bottle of ale I'd picked up at Tesco Express. I did see that there were a bunch of food trucks ringing the stadium selling different things. If I'd known that in advance, I'd have skipped the personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut and gotten something from one of them.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:32 PM, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

They currently sell pie, liquor and mash at West Ham matches. I can’t imagine it is very good quality. G Kelly on Roman Rd is only about a 20 minute walk and fir my money, the best pie and mash in London. 

At the Boleyn, I would eat at the Green Street cafe or from the Ribman when he was serving out of the back of the Boleyn tavern. 

Worst burger patty I ever had was at Prenton Park, Tranmere ground. 

At least they keep the prices down, prices are easier to swallow than the food.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Worst burger patty I ever had was at Prenton Park, Tranmere ground. 

At least they keep the prices down, prices are easier to swallow than the food.

Worst burger I’ve ever had was in Nagoya in Japan. Obvious not smart buying burgers in Japan but after being there’s couple of weeks, we came across this place and felt like giving it a go. 

2 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Worst burger I’ve ever had was in Nagoya in Japan. Obvious not smart buying burgers in Japan but after being there’s couple of weeks, we came across this place and felt like giving it a go. 

They are generally terrible in Spain, or at least nowhere near what you can find in North America. They simply don't get it, they can't toast a bun, the condiments suck, then they are confused about the meat. But that thing at Prenton Park oozed bubbly fat like it had been offloaded from a lab testing for mad cow disease.

I remember the game quite well, saw Ian Hume, remember where I sat. Who I was with. The goals. And remember the burger, it was 17 years ago.

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Worst burger I had was at Dagenham’s ground. They had proudly painted on the brick work “now with 100% meat”

9 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Can't recall the worst burger I've ever had, but the worst hot dog I ever had was at Colchester United. Absolutely horrendous! Wrong hard bun, rubbery meat....awful!

Never had the pleasure, but it’s 5 mins from my house and keep meaning to go. Now I’m not so sure…