Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

6 hours ago, El Hombre said:

So a couple pages back before we did a deep dive on Greg Vanney and Quebecois slang in this thread, the general consensus was that TFC blew it by keeping Kerr and letting JRR go.  FWIW, Kerr is having himself a game tonight.  I hope both these kids break through.

Bob Bradley did blow it by keeping Kerr over JRR. Sorry, but what game were you watching? You clearly don't have a clue on how to access player performances. One goal against San Jose means nothing. The second goal wasn't even his assist as it was a gift from the defender. Kerr still missed 2 golden chances again in this game & proved my point from before that he is very wasteful in front of goal & not clinical enough. In addition, throughout the game he had bad touches and his decision making was poor. Throughout these 16 games, Kerr has just been a runner with no direction which Bob Bradley is fine with. High IQ footballers like JRR don't fit Bob Bradley's system. Bob needs his players to be running around like headless chicken's until they burnout at the hour mark. JRR has a great first touch, makes solid decisions & proved in 65 minutes that he is better than all of the TFC youngsters combined. Bob Bradley blew it because he doesn't know how to identify talent. Moreover, Bob Bradley blew it again tonight like he has done all season. Instead of putting on fresh defenders in McNaughton & Chung to close out the last minutes of the game, he puts on Achara ( a forward) & Shaffleburg (who is horrible defensively). Bob Bradley, again showing why he is a garbage coach who needs to leave my club IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!! along with his son. He SUCKS!!!!!! Also, it proves why the club should have done everything in their power to keep my main guy Greg Vanney. Below, I even messaged my other guy Javier Perez, to come back and manage the club until further notice. Perez would do a way better job than the overrated Bob Bradley.

Edited by anthony7

11 hours ago, El Hombre said:

So a couple pages back before we did a deep dive on Greg Vanney and Quebecois slang in this thread, the general consensus was that TFC blew it by keeping Kerr and letting JRR go.  FWIW, Kerr is having himself a game tonight.  I hope both these kids break through.

Correction TFC blew it by keeping Peruzza and letting JRR go. Those two are the obvious comparison. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Correction TFC blew it by keeping Peruzza and letting JRR go. Those two are the obvious comparison. 

No, Peruzza was independent of this. Yes, Peruzza should have been sacrificed but he already had regular a contract before & was able to finese a long term deal thanks to Bob Bradley & management. This was for the one homegrown player contract spot & it was between the youngsters of Kerr & JRR. These two play the same position and are the same age. Only, one could stay.

Edited by anthony7

23 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

No, Peruzza was independent of this. Yes, Peruzza should have been sacrificed but he already had regular a contract before & was able to finese a long term deal thanks to Bob Bradley & management. This was for the one homegrown player contract spot & it was between the youngsters of Kerr & JRR. These two play the same position and are the same age. Only, one could stay.

You're completely wrong about he "already had a contract before". Peurrza signed a new contract this year....and is still under the homegrown tag. https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-sign-jordan-perruzza-to-a-new-deal#:~:text=Toronto FC announced today that,and Sporting Director Bob Bradley.

Deandre was announced few days after ....https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-sign-forward-deandre-kerr#:~:text=Toronto FC announced today that,from the Toronto FC Academy.

So you're buying the juice if you believe i"it was between the youngsters of Kerr & JRR". The three of them play the same position, and Peruzza is only a year older. Bad scouting as I guarantee you, Peruzza will be gone after this season. 

29 minutes ago, Shway said:

You're completely wrong about he "already had a contract before". Peurrza signed a new contract this year....and is still under the homegrown tag. https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-sign-jordan-perruzza-to-a-new-deal#:~:text=Toronto FC announced today that,and Sporting Director Bob Bradley.

Deandre was announced few days after ....https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-sign-forward-deandre-kerr#:~:text=Toronto FC announced today that,from the Toronto FC Academy.

So you're buying the juice if you believe i"it was between the youngsters of Kerr & JRR". The three of them play the same position, and Peruzza is only a year older. Bad scouting as I guarantee you, Peruzza will be gone after this season. 

Edited by anthony7

28 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Kerr is a left footed RW who can play as an AM. JRR is a pure number 9. Keeping kerr around is a smart move its really hard to find quality left footed RW's which Bob likes to use. 

Peruuzza is a left footed RW who can play as a ST.

28 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

So you didn't read anything i said...

57 minutes ago, Shway said:

So you're buying the juice if you believe "it was between the youngsters of Kerr & JRR". The three of them play the same position, and Peruzza is only a year older. Bad scouting as I guarantee you, Peruzza will be gone after this season. 

3 minutes ago, solsous said:

This thread is about Russell-Rowe and it should be limited on what TFC did or didn't do.  Anyone care to share insight on his play?

Amazing against TFC and totally invisible his last two starts. Not a huge indictment given his age and experience level but I wouldn’t be surprised if Porter puts him back on the bench to start the best match.

37 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Amazing against TFC and totally invisible his last two starts. Not a huge indictment given his age and experience level but I wouldn’t be surprised if Porter puts him back on the bench to start the best match.

I wasn't able to watch his last gamat live.  I plan on watching it tomorrow.  Right now, I can't think of a playmaker on that squad.  That can greatly contribute to his subpar games of late.

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

Part of his effectiveness against TFC was that he was playing against Bradley who he got the better of for both assists

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

They just signed a DP stiker. It was always going to be a short term gig. No indictment  of JRR per say but maybe now, that a few more games have passed we can pump the breaks on “TFC totally blew this one” (at least for the time being).

1 hour ago, ag futbol said:

They just signed a DP stiker. It was always going to be a short term gig. No indictment  of JRR per say but maybe now, that a few more games have passed we can pump the breaks on “TFC totally blew this one” (at least for the time being).

NO. You must decide this stuff after 1-2 games and never go back on your original opinion.  

17 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

JRR is really, really slow. Combined with the fact he doesn't contribute defensively, at all, makes me not as optimistic as everyone else about him.

He doesn't really have to be a blazer.  From what I have seen, he has good pace. This young man is going to be a star in the MLS, before long.  My major concern is Caleb Porter's lack of patience with young players.

A center forward only contributes defensively if the team plays a 4-3-3 press.

1 hour ago, solsous said:

He doesn't really have to be a blazer.  From what I have seen, he has good pace. This young man is going to be a star in the MLS, before long.  My major concern is Caleb Porter's lack of patience with young players.

A center forward only contributes defensively if the team plays a 4-3-3 press.

Reality is right now he’s started every game since the homegrown and he’s forced Porter to play him.

17 hours ago, Soccerpro2 said:

JRR is really, really slow. Combined with the fact he doesn't contribute defensively, at all, makes me not as optimistic as everyone else about him.

I'm new here but I've been following the young player threads for over a year. While many people who post comments seem to have good soccer knowledge...there are a few (like this one) that have no idea what they are talking about. If you watch the last game he played at ~ 12:45 into the game the commentator talks about his speed and technique. Both his coach and teammates have commented in interviews not only on his speed but also his intelligence as a player. Doesn't contribute defensively? I think you are watching with your eyes closed LOL. Yes his time starting with the first team will most likely be coming to an end soon with a new DP signing in the same position but I'm pretty sure it will be the same for TFC kids. Where will Nelson, Kerr, Akinola, Perruzza, Okello, JMR or Thompson fit in to the lineup with Insigne, Criscito, Bernardeschi and Kaye starting? JRR is a very intelligent player that creates space and knows how to loose a defender. If you actually know soccer...give him time...I'm sure he'll win you over.