Jacen Russell-Rowe

Dominic94

Just now, SoccMan said:

But it’s not like these guys have played a lot of minutes for the first team and now being sent down to the reserve team instead of playing in a big game for the first team. These players even if they sat on the bench for the first team in their game will probably not see the field . 

The previous weekend Farsi and Russell-Rowe came off the bench for the senior team and helped them turn a result around. Basically saving their season.

They have a crucial game tomorrow. If they lose they miss the playoffs. 

It would be dumb to not have them involved again and 100% ready.

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

The previous weekend Farsi and Russell-Rowe came off the bench for the senior team and helped them turn a result around. Basically saving their season.

They have a crucial game tomorrow. If they lose they miss the playoffs. 

It would be dumb to not have them involved again and 100% ready.

It would be dumber for them to miss a cup final for a match they might not even get into. From a development perspective it’s a no brainer - a player may only play in a handful of cup finals in their entire career. Both players are young/fit enough that they’ll be fine to play the same role they did last week. 

12 minutes ago, Fullback said:

They’re probably going to play in both as they did last weekend, where both of them helped contribute to the MLS side. This is an unnecessary argument

Last week was different because the MLS game came first. 

What happens if the Final goes 120 minutes?

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Last week was different because the MLS game came first. 

What happens if the Final goes 120 minutes?

I’d imagine they’d arrange a substitution if they’re that concerned. That almost proves the counter point though. If he can play 120 minutes then why is this even an either/or argument?

On 10/9/2022 at 9:47 AM, Shway said:

Shit officiating, my gosh both penalties weren't PKs. 

How so? First one was a handball in the box (it hits his left hand not his right elbow) and the 2nd one the GK misses the ball and takes out the player? Despite that it still would have been 2-1 for Columbus. 

9 hours ago, IreDub said:

How so? First one was a handball in the box (it hits his left hand not his right elbow) and the 2nd one the GK misses the ball and takes out the player? Despite that it still would have been 2-1 for Columbus. 

I don’t know I saw it hit a tucked arm to the body. The second one the GK touches the ball first before taking out the player. I did have to slow it down, but that signifies clear and obvious ….rewatch it and let me know. 

14 hours ago, Shway said:

I don’t know I saw it hit a tucked arm to the body. The second one the GK touches the ball first before taking out the player. I did have to slow it down, but that signifies clear and obvious ….rewatch it and let me know. 

I didn't see him touch the ball, and you can't just brush up against the ball and then do whatever you want to the ball carrier. That was definitely a penalty. The first one definitely wasn't as far as I could tell though. It was hard to see exactly what it hit, but it looked like it was all tucked in arms in a wall.

On 10/11/2022 at 4:12 AM, IreDub said:

I think the first was iffy to not a PK, the second did seem like one as he takes the player out clearly. 

Since Columbus won handily the reffing was the least of the concerns. The kid looks good, must say.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Nancy going to Columbus sucks for Montral, but has potential to be huge for the Canadians in Columbus. JRR and Farsi should actually get good opportunities this season. 

You make a great point. However they should get minutes regardless of Nancy going there. They had good performances whenever they got the opportunity, and Columbus is going through a little rebuild again. 

I’m really interested in what happens with JRR this year. He’s in a good situation with Nancy as the coach- he gave Kone a big opportunity to prove himself, and hope he does the same for this guy. Not super sure what MLS Next Pro quality is like, so very curious to see how well his game translates to the senior team. He had some very good cameos for Columbus last season. 

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Nancy going to Columbus sucks for Montral, but has potential to be huge for the Canadians in Columbus. JRR and Farsi should actually get good opportunities this season. 

Why? It's not like Nancy is Canadian and has a patriotic streak. He's French and if those two get minutes it'll just be because they can play. Their nationality will mean nothing.