World Cup Qualifying - Tickets - Canada vs Panama - BMO Field - Oct. 13th

Admin

47 minutes ago, ronjames said:

Ditto. I never went to a CMNT game because I never had anyone to go with. I was finally able to convince a friend to go to the Honduras game (Just say the name Alphonso Davies :)), and we both had a blast! Mentioned Davies' name again and was able to convince 3 other friends who want to go. 

Now I'm a paid Voyageurs member and have like 7-8 people who want to go to the Panama game!

Same, I'm already being selective about which friends/family I'm willing to buy for in the South End based on how much noise I think they'd make 

3 hours ago, admin said:

Don't know. 

They might be able to remap things with more 4 seat groups

That would be fantastic as 4 is an easy number for bringing others, beyond the fees, having to put through 4 orders on a smart phone for 2 games was a real hassle (but as someone who's gone to games for a decade it's worth it, might not be for newbies).

Even my CC company flagged it a potential double charge. 

51 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

Has this game been officially announced at BMO in Toronto?  They probably don't want to play on turf, but Edmonton would likely get 30K fans mostly in support of Canada.  Is Edmonton really still in the running for the 3rd window?  It's a lot harder to get fans out to below zero temperatures. 

Yes

It was  on the ad board during the El Salvador match 

I think the bigger problem with this date is chocked full of Toronto sports schedule AT THE SAME TIME...

NHL - Montreal @ Toronto (Season & Home Opener - First Time Leafs Fans back in town)

MLB - Jays Potential Home for Game 5 ALCS (Best of Five Divisional Series)

CANMT - Canada vs Panama 

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they move the date forward or back , but i wonder the impact of other games in the same window.  I think this is the dilemma that City of Toronto, Toronto Police, Paramedics etc... have to manage while following the COVID rules.

Ummm yah this match isn’t going to be moved.

the good news is that this is the only Octagonal match we can play at BMO that will essentially draw no away supporters. 

even with all the competing sports events that night, we should have a strong home field. Not sure if we’ll be able to sell out the 15k unless the CSA heavily promotes it though. Maybe some of those Salvadoran fans from last week will turn out in red this time ?

Edited by Floortom

3 hours ago, Jedi Ram said:

I think the bigger problem with this date is chocked full of Toronto sports schedule AT THE SAME TIME...

NHL - Montreal @ Toronto (Season & Home Opener - First Time Leafs Fans back in town)

MLB - Jays Potential Home for Game 5 ALCS (Best of Five Divisional Series)

CANMT - Canada vs Panama 

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they move the date forward or back , but i wonder the impact of other games in the same window.  I think this is the dilemma that City of Toronto, Toronto Police, Paramedics etc... have to manage while following the COVID rules.

The way the Blue Jays are playing against the Orioles it feels like we might not have to worry about them 

On 9/11/2021 at 7:07 PM, kacbru said:

I can't see the game moving. As far as FIFA is concerned, who are these leaves and birds you are talking about? Are they endangered? Is there an environmental group we can bribe to get them out of the way? 

Good one!  I might add. The infamous “Jose Bautista Bat flip” playoff game against the Texas Rangers was played at the same time as a TFC late season game whereby TFC were able to clinch a playoff berth.   That TFC game, if i am not mistaken, was a sell out.  If it wasnt a sell out, it was close.   There are enough fans to support soccer and important soccer games.  We need not worry about other events.  

Edited by Free kick

Completely off-topic but seeing as people were talking about the Jays in here --- TM just released a pile of tickets to the remaining games of the year including that last Yankees series and Orioles series to end the season - you might want to grab them before they are gone, as I can't imagine the tickets lasting too long especially for the NYY games....limited tickets for this Friday and Sunday are appearing now too......thank me now or blame me for your credit card bill later.....😄

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.....

7 hours ago, Team Canada said:

Completely off-topic but seeing as people were talking about the Jays in here --- TM just released a pile of tickets to the remaining games of the year including that last Yankees series and Orioles series to end the season - you might want to grab them before they are gone, as I can't imagine the tickets lasting too long especially for the NYY games....limited tickets for this Friday and Sunday are appearing now too......thank me now or blame me for your credit card bill later.....😄

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.....

Having gone today and going on Friday, this team is a lot of fun to watch. Looking forward to the 13th too, good times when the teams are good unlike what we are suffering through here with TFC. 

• Admin unpinned this topic