World Cup Qualifying - Tickets - Canada vs Panama - BMO Field - Oct. 13th

Admin

On 9/17/2021 at 6:44 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The way Alberta is looking, they are going to be very cautious. I doubt they go above 50%.

Yeah. Alberta being a shit show is probably giving all the other provinces pause.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:49 PM, RS said:

Yeah. Alberta being a shit show is probably giving all the other provinces pause.

With the mandatory vaccination requirement and with cases in Ontario and Toronto both flat or falling for about 3 weeks now, I don't see why we can't increase limits. If we were seeing cases still increasing it might be different.

Though let's be realistic. It's always going to be about the Leafs with the current Premier - so we should watch that. (well, it would be about the Argos - but I don't think increasing capacity gets them any more in the stadium! :) )

Edited by nfitz

Hi @JamboAland others handling tickets: can we ask this question?

How many tickets moved through the Voyageurs for the last two matches at BMO?

Are you able to take those references, and seek to prep sales to the same set of buyers as the last window?

Would any increase in tickets to be handled be justified?

I am asking simply as I'm interested to know if you feel we should match last attendances, better them? Or if the Vs could be called on to take on more as WC qualifying progresses. All with the idea of strengthening the relative position of Canadian support in Canadian stadiums.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Hi @JamboAland others handling tickets: can we ask this question?

How many tickets moved through the Voyageurs for the last two matches at BMO?

Are you able to take those references, and seek to prep sales to the same set of buyers as the last window?

Would any increase in tickets to be handled be justified?

I am asking simply as I'm interested to know if you feel we should match last attendances, better them? Or if the Vs could be called on to take on more as WC qualifying progresses. All with the idea of strengthening the relative position of Canadian support in Canadian stadiums.

We were able to sell out the entire south end at BMO Field for both matches which was approximately 1,500 seats (at a 50% capacity due to Covid restrictions).  It is possible that those restrictions will be eased or lifted entirely for the Panama match which would give us up to 3,000 seats; something that both the CSA and the Voyageurs are awaiting guidance.  We don’t know how much of a challenge it will be to sell 3,000 seats - so that would be the next step before we can start having conversations about getting more seats.  
One further point, the next home game(s) will not be in Toronto.  We are already discussing this with Canada Soccer.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We were able to sell out the entire south end at BMO Field for both matches which was approximately 1,500 seats (at a 50% capacity due to Covid restrictions).  It is possible that those restrictions will be eased or lifted entirely for the Panama match which would give us up to 3,000 seats; something that both the CSA and the Voyageurs are awaiting guidance.  We don’t know how much of a challenge it will be to sell 3,000 seats - so that would be the next step before we can start having conversations about getting more seats.  
One further point, the next home game(s) will not be in Toronto.  We are already discussing this with Canada Soccer.

Selling 10% of a total stadium capacity is simply extraordinary.

35 minutes ago, sstackho said:

The press release makes reference to 25+ group sales, including "complete the group order form [...] here" - but there's no link to an order form. 

Do you know if there will be any group sales in the supporters' section?  I'm guessing not. 

We are working on a group sale of 25+ with Canada Soccer in the supporters section.  But there will be a more manual process to this which is still being worked on.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We are working on a group sale of 25+ with Canada Soccer in the supporters section.  But there will be a more manual process to this which is still being worked on.

That's awesome, I could easily fill 25+ of crazies CMNT fans between men's beer league teams, friends and family. 

Thanks for trying to figure this out. 

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This is great, thanks!  Hopefully the details get sorted before the presale begins, or else we are likely to panic buy.  :)  Please keep us in the loop. 

Let me jump in here for a moment. 

@sstackho & @apbsmith (and anyone else who this might apply to).

If you think you can organize a group of 25+ AND you are a paid Voyageurs member AND you have at least some ticket purchase history with the Vs, fire us an email at info@thevoyageurs.com. Put ‘Voyageurs Group Buy’ in the subject line. 

We are manually going through these requests. This info above is going out today but there’s no sense waiting any longer since people are asking … if you can purchase 25+ then fantastic. 

There will be more involved … the CSA actually has to facilitate this purchase. But we will be approving them to the CSA essentially. 

16 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Let me jump in here for a moment. 

@sstackho & @apbsmith (and anyone else who this might apply to).

If you think you can organize a group of 25+ AND you are a paid Voyageurs member AND you have at least some ticket purchase history with the Vs, fire us an email at info@thevoyageurs.com. Put ‘Voyageurs Group Buy’ in the subject line. 

We are manually going through these requests. This info above is going out today but there’s no sense waiting any longer since people are asking … if you can purchase 25+ then fantastic. 

There will be more involved … the CSA actually has to facilitate this purchase. But we will be approving them to the CSA essentially. 

What is the min for a group buy? 

Just now, David Pinto said:

What is the min for a group buy? 

It has to be 25+. That’s not something we can control. 

However, if you’re looking for smaller numbers of tickets (this info also should be out today) the limit for this game will be 9 per TM account. So two people can get you pretty close to the group buy lower limit and three people can get you to 27. 

In short, ticket purchases are going to be much easier this time around. Fewer limitations. 

8 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

What about groups of 10 or so. I have some buddies interested and some are asking about going to the Oanama game. Thanks for all of your efforts.

You’ll have to simply purchase a group of 9 tickets or have two people purchase two groups of whatever number gets you to what you need (as long as it’s below 18 total … then you’d need three purchasers).

Hi everyone, 

Relatively new member of the Voyageurs here. Last game against El Salvador was my first time sitting in supporters and naturally now I have a bunch more people who want to come to the Panama game after hearing about my experience. If I'm reading this correctly the ticket limit per single purchase will be 9 tickets?

EDIT: Disregard, just saw the message on the Voyageurs site, can't wait for Oct. 13!

Edited by rvmoore95

• Admin unpinned this topic