World Cup Qualifying - Tickets - Canada vs Panama - BMO Field - Oct. 13th

Admin

I think the pre sale for this game on the Voyageurs site is going to matter a lot more than the first two games.

While I don't think it was officially announced, it was on the display last night. 

Double vaccination proof will be required for this game as per MLSE rules at all of the venues they manage.  I suspect, barring any serious changes in covid by that time the stadium will be fully open under these rules. 

• Admin pinned this topic
12 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Any idea of when this may be?

Doubt you have any say, but is there any chance of getting a few days of presale so we can try and pack the place with people we've converted into fans this past week 

We will have a longer pre sale window this time likely.

We opened it up because sales dropped to zero.   It was not a good process/set up and wiped out sales at both ends for people buying singles and people organizing groups. You couldn't do either.  If the stadium is wide open, that will make a huge difference.

If there is a delay in opening up those sales, it will be directly related to stadium set up due to covid.   

2 hours ago, admin said:

I suspect, barring any serious changes in covid by that time the stadium will be fully open under these rules. 

TFC's only selling 50% capacity for games Sept. 22 and onward, so that might be an indicator that the stadium will remain half-full at best (unless the province announces something different between now and then).

57 minutes ago, RS said:

TFC's only selling 50% capacity for games Sept. 22 and onward, so that might be an indicator that the stadium will remain half-full at best (unless the province announces something different between now and then).

MLSE  just informed Leaf season ticket holders that they expect to host game with full capacity at Scotia arena. The first preseason game is Sept 25th. Unless this is just a money grab/ cash flow move on their part, not sure why BMO would operate at 50% outdoors while Scotia indoors is at 100%

3 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

MLSE  just informed Leaf season ticket holders that they expect to host game with full capacity at Scotia arena. The first preseason game is Sept 25th. Unless this is just a money grab/ cash flow move on their part, not sure why BMO would operate at 50% outdoors while Scotia indoors is at 100%

It's out of MLSE's hands. They could have had a heads up from the province, but ultimately it's Ontario's call.

I will mention that TFC isn't selling past Oct. 3, so maybe that's when MLSE figures restrictions will be loosened.

6 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

That may be a good sign, the Maple Leafs home opener also happens to fall on the 13th so if they're full capacity BMO should be also

a more worrying sign is having to compete with a Maple Leafs home opener and *possibly* a Jays playoff run on the same date for attendance

7 minutes ago, theaub said:

Then they'll be in conflict with Game 5 of the ALDS for the Jays :)

I just got a similar full capacity e-mail for the Raptors...although TFC is selling tickets through October 3rd with 50% capacity still.

Could it be resource/protocol based?   They are just willing to put more money into the plan in the other two, or those leagues negotiated something better?

Canada still has the hopping through two red zones problem before coming home. 

1 hour ago, RS said:

It's out of MLSE's hands. They could have had a heads up from the province, but ultimately it's Ontario's call.

I will mention that TFC isn't selling past Oct. 3, so maybe that's when MLSE figures restrictions will be loosened.

So would it pertain to how far back they were selling those games in relation to the announced changes?  If you are selling under XYZ, you just keep that without any changes?   Just speculating.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Could it be resource/protocol based?   They are just willing to put more money into the plan in the other two, or those leagues negotiated something better?

Canada still has the hopping through two red zones problem before coming home. 

That's a risk to players vs fans @ 50% or 100%. I get the feeling that MLSE are just trying to squeeze some cash flow from Leaf & Raptor season ticket holders. Would be shocked if they play indoors at 100%

1 hour ago, admin said:

So would it pertain to how far back they were selling those games in relation to the announced changes?  If you are selling under XYZ, you just keep that without any changes?   Just speculating.

MLSE seems to only be selling tickets in monthly batches, likely because they are keeping themselves flexible for any potential future changes in restrictions. 

I’ve no doubt they have their ear to the ground and will know what’s coming well before the public.

1 hour ago, admin said:

I think it comes down to the fact no team/organization wants to have to shuffle around tickets that have already been sold. If you sell tickets under the pretense of being socially distanced you can't really start selling the seats beside them. If MLSE gets an inkling/wink wink that they will be able to sell more tickets after a certain date they will start selling tickets at that point. 

2 minutes ago, RS said:

MLSE seems to only be selling tickets in monthly batches, likely because they are keeping themselves flexible for any potential future changes in restrictions. 

I’ve no doubt they have their ear to the ground and will know what’s coming well before the public.

If you look at the way Jays sold tickets they certainly allowed for more tickets to be sold if allowed. The infield on the 100 and 200 level was completely sold and the past the bases and into the outfield is socially distanced. They can just open up the 500 level if allowed. 

If you look at how BMO has been sold for both CDN and TFC games with the pods, it makes sense to wait to sell future games. 

4 minutes ago, Cblake said:

If you look at the way Jays sold tickets they certainly allowed for more tickets to be sold if allowed. The infield on the 100 and 200 level was completely sold and the past the bases and into the outfield is socially distanced. They can just open up the 500 level if allowed. 

If you look at how BMO has been sold for both CDN and TFC games with the pods, it makes sense to wait to sell future games. 

It’s far easier to leave room for expansion when selling 15k in a 47k seater.

I think that demand is going to be very strong for this game.  I'm that guy who is always trying to make my wider group of friends aware of Canadian soccer, to little avail.  Now there are several newbies who want to come to the Panama game.  It absolutely helps that these qualifiers have been shown on cable. 

Any chance of group sales for this match? 

Edited by sstackho

9 hours ago, sstackho said:

I think that demand is going to be very strong for this game.  I'm that guy who is always trying to make my wider group of friends aware of Canadian soccer, to little avail.  Now there are several newbies who want to come to the Panama game.  It absolutely helps that these qualifiers have been shown on cable. 

Group sales?  With covid, doubtful 

The Mexico game will get a lot of hype going into it and hopefully really engage people who aren’t paying attention.  Huge measuring stick.  It will be interesting to see the numbers who watch that one on tv, even if it’s going against the NFL

10 hours ago, sstackho said:

All down to the authorities and whatever happens numbers wise with covid.  All our remaining games could be closed door, though I think that is very unlikely.  

Even if we have the same seating map, I think we will be able to bump our max ticket number to 9.  Why it is not 8,10 or 12 when you buy most tickets in a multiple of 2 is ... I dunno. 

We are literally only one month away from the event without any communication of ticket sales. I think that is a positive sigh that organizers are hopeful that full capacity conditions will apply, and they are willing to take advantage of the short window given until a final decision has to be made (which hopefully does not include restrictions). —- unless of course Covid numbers surge, in which case restrictions are needed and welcomed. 

15 hours ago, sstackho said:

Ditto. I never went to a CMNT game because I never had anyone to go with. I was finally able to convince a friend to go to the Honduras game (Just say seeing Alphonso Davies live :) ), and we both had a blast! Mentioned Davies' name again and was able to convince 3 other friends who went with me and enjoyed themselves. 

Now I'm a paid Voyageurs member and have like 7-8 people who want to go to the Panama game!

Edited by ronjames

10 minutes ago, ronjames said:

Ditto. I never went to a CMNT game because I never had anyone to go with. I was finally able to convince a friend to go to the Honduras game (Just say the name Alphonso Davies :)), and we both had a blast! Mentioned Davies' name again and was able to convince 3 other friends who want to go. 

Now I'm a paid Voyageurs member and have like 7-8 people who want to go to the Panama game!

Hoping we can utilize a higher limit this time around.

Not sure but with covid restrictions it would be 9, without 20.

• Admin unpinned this topic