GC: Canada vs Mexico - Thursday, July 29th, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - Houston TX

8 minutes ago, Corazon said:

We are going to have some serious questions come WCQ.  Kamal or Kennedy?  Junior was outstanding this tournament.  Do we find a starting spot for him in September?  Have to find a spot for Tajon, so who gets dropped?  Does Crepeau start over Borjan?

Kamal & Kennedy! We can play with both. I slot Kennedy into the middle 3, and Henry and Vitoria to the bench.

Hoilett was great, but we have even greater weapons. Tajon has to start.

Crepeau is my number 1....but Borjan is still the number 1.

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I don't think throwing on St Clair and Leutwiler moves the needle. There was nobody on the bench that could have helped.

True but I was saying that we were tired and needed the break as much as Mexico.  In response to the guy who said the break is what helped Mexico

Edited by Free kick

Just now, Free kick said:

I was saying that we were tired and need the break as much as Mexico.  In response to the guy who said the break is what helped Mexico

Might have been tired but the play was tilted in our direction and I think Canada's superior fitness, which should have been obvious to anyone from m.70 onwards, was a big part of it.

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

Kamal & Kennedy! We can play with both. I slot Kennedy into the middle 3, and Henry and Vitoria to the bench.

Hoilett was great, but we have even greater weapons. Tajon has to start.

Crepeau is my number 1....but Borjan is still the number 1.

Kennedy and Kamal is possible and hopefully Herdman gives it a shot in training in September but I like what Vitoria was able to do with Kennedy in June and Kamal in July.

I agree.  Hoilett can move back to super sub but man was he good this tournament.

Borjan still my number 1 but absolutely okay with Crepeau as well.

Edited by Corazon

18 minutes ago, narduch said:

We have a massive coaching staff. Can't one of them do it?

Me in January 2020:

On 1/15/2020 at 8:59 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

- Our set piece coaching is awful. This game. The last USA game. Fire Simon Eaddy. Now. Where is he from and when did he join the program?
- Almost all of our opponents chances have been the result of our stupid mistakes by us rather than superb play by them. I'm not sure what that says except that Herdman is very strong on structure and formation. We are difficult to break down in open play.

I'm starting to dislike Eaddy almost as much as @SpecialK hates Andrew Olivieri.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Even the American announcers said it helped mexico.  They were disorganized,and in trouble....after 7minutes for the veteran team to reorganize, talk it over they finished us off and scored   We were on the front foot and the break just disrupted our momentum.  How stupid is it to say both teams rested?? We didnt need it, we had momentum, they needed to break the momentum, and they got it from the fans or whichever CONCACAF official who stopped the game right when Mexico needed a time out.  

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Me in January 2020:

I'm starting to dislike Eaddy almost as much as @SpecialK hates Andrew Olivieri.

It looks like CSA Peter Griffin is GONE!!! 
I would love to see someone like Dwight Lodeweges come over and been an Assistant. Coached World Class players and has World Cup experience. I doubt it because he would be right in line to replace herdman if he messes up. 

17 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Maybe you are right. I tend to look at my team when partisan and do not observe the rival. But I do think in normal circumstances, that break for the chant should have benefitted us. 

In the end it came down to a good play we could not manage.

We had all the momentum and a free kick. I'd still be watching the game if not for that virtue signaling nonsense. Our boys showed tonight how your really handle idiots. By standing up and punching them right in the mouth. That's how you get respect. Not of this other bs

You even saw the ref say.. its not my decision and point to his ear. All Concacaf and Fifa care about is their esg rating

Edited by SpursFlu

So proud of these guys!!!! And loved watching this game with my kids.  They saw, pride passion and class from this group.  A true team!!!!

If this does not build the fan base and rally the media around these guys nothing will.  

Wished we had have won but really think this result will do wonders for our qualifying campaign.

Well done everyone!!