GC: Canada vs Mexico - Thursday, July 29th, 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific - Houston TX

This is near perfect. 

Obviously winning and potentially beating the states in the final would have been best case scenario. However we have legitimate beef with Mexico, we have beef with the states. We will feel wronged, our fans feel wronged. I dare them to try taking points off us. We have even more motivation for the WCQ. We better all be ready for it and sell out BMO and make it inaudible.

Congrats to Herdman and the players/staff. They gave us everything. Had ayo and larin stayed fit, the ref not been amateur in game one, we could have been even better today. So close. 

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

This wasn't about tactics or emotions or superiority. They were gassed. Just not fit. They got rest.

I don't think they were gassed, I'd say they were stressed after the penalty miss. The crowd puts pressure on you as well, and that was a factor I think they did not know how to manage. 

Mexico does not base its play on physicality, but they were not unmatched physically, in the air, on the wings. 

But I will give you that Tata probably should have made more changes, but I think he felt, like Herdman, that the bench did not have a lot to offer (I get this listening to the Mexican pundits as well).

What a game !!!! We played amazing !!! We are top 3 in CONCACAF period …!!!! 
The players did well, herdman did well. 
And we were missing …

Arfield, Hutch, Larin, Vitoria, Borjan, Cavallini, David, Davies, ZBG, Gutierrez, Adekugbe, Kennedy, Ferreira and others! 

We are gonna DOMINANT!

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't think they were gassed, I'd say they were stressed after the penalty miss. The crowd puts pressure on you as well, and that was a factor I think they did not know how to manage. 

Mexico does not base its play on physicality, but they were not unmatched physically, in the air, on the wings. 

But I will give you that Tata probably should have made more changes, but I think he felt, like Herdman, that the bench did not have a lot to offer (I get this listening to the Mexican pundits as well).

I guess we saw the game differently. For the last twenty minutes, until they got the homophobic orange-slices break, they were second to every close ball, the back four constantly beaten for pace, even by Corbeanu who looks slow. 

1 minute ago, SpecialK said:

What a game !!!! We played amazing !!! We are top 3 in CONCACAF period …!!!! s did well, herdman did well. 
And we were missing …

Arfield, Hutch, Larin, Vitoria, Borjan, Cavallini, David, Davies, ZBG, Gutierrez, Adekugbe, Kennedy, Ferreira and others! 

We are gonna DOMINANT!

lol at Ferreira

Just now, Varsity Tyler said:

Love Junior after the match. Real feedback, right off of the pitch.

I'm sitting here in Whitehorse ready to put some cash down on flights - can't wait to hit Toronto (??) in November for Costa Rica and Mexico at home. I want to be there. This team has me fired up. 

"No cap", as they (the kids) say.

8 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

And Lozano, I think that’s it.

You’re forgetting a few, but who cares 

4 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

We haven’t in recent memory given the Mexicants a 90 minute game.  We took it to them and now the boys have a belief. So proud and happy.  We get the big guns back and you’ll have Eustaquio playing with even more talented players which will enable him to be at an even higher level.  

Good game.  Nuff said!

Just now, jonovision said:

I guess we saw the game differently. For the last twenty minutes, until they got the homophobic orange-slices break, they were second to every close ball, the back four constantly beaten for pace, even by Corbeanu who looks slow. 

Maybe you are right. I tend to look at my team when partisan and do not observe the rival. But I do think in normal circumstances, that break for the chant should have benefitted us. 

In the end it came down to a good play we could not manage.

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sorry, this is a plain incorrect take. I can't believe folks think it makes sense.

The team in inferior conditions has to benefit from a long time out and a break, to rest, reorganise, and focus. A stop like that, psychologically, would also hurt the Mexicans you could argue, as it may imply further sanctions for them. So that stop has to be interpreted as normally and usually benefitting us. 

Another thing is if they poured it on for 10 minutes, but that could have happened regardless.

I think the ref was biased, and did not give us a lot, there were a few cards he missed (on that Tajon run where he was fouled just outside the box). Some midfield fouls in their favour. But in fact they did not create major danger from open play, and the match was slightly in their favour in most phases. 

Spot on.  The break helped Canada also.  We didn’t make all our subs.  And our game was very direct and involved a lot of running.  We needed that break

Edited by Free kick

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sorry, this is a plain incorrect take. I can't believe folks think it makes sense.

The team in inferior conditions has to benefit from a long time out and a break, to rest, reorganise, and focus. A stop like that, psychologically, would also hurt the Mexicans you could argue, as it may imply further sanctions for them. So that stop has to be interpreted as normally and usually benefitting us. 

Another thing is if they poured it on for 10 minutes, but that could have happened regardless.

I think the ref was biased, and did not give us a lot, there were a few cards he missed (on that Tajon run where he was fouled just outside the box). Some midfield fouls in their favour. But in fact they did not create major danger from open play, and the match was slightly in their favour in most phases. 

Can’t agree with you at all.  The ‘older’ Mexicans had run out of gas.  The 5 minute break gave them a chance to rest and recompose themselves.  What kind of ‘protocol’ rewards the offending team like that?  They should get one warning and then a forfeit.
Plain and simple, that stoppage did everything to change the flow of the game and let the tired team rest.