WCQ: Haiti vs Canada - In-Match Thread

Big_M

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Davies has been having a rough one. Reminding me of Tajon game 2 against Haiti in the Olympic qualifiers.

Sounds crazy, but I'm tempted to bring him off at half for someone who can play a little simpler/safer. We need to grind out this 1-0 and let Davies run wild on a proper pitch in the 2nd leg. 

Just now, ESG Shawn said:

Sounds crazy, but I'm tempted to bring him off at half for someone who can play a little simpler/safer. We need to grind out this 1-0 and let Davies run wild on a proper pitch in the 2nd leg. 

Nah.  They will have to come at us for goals and then the counter could put it away.  

My Mexican feed keep saying this ref has no idea how to call a foul, can't tell the difference between a foul, a card, a red. They say he reffed the final of Nation's League and was a disaster. 

"Un flojo, pero muy flojo arbitraje"

Quite enjoying these guys, but don't like such idiotic reffing--this guy is supposed to be one of the best in the region?

Honestly, it hasn't been much of an inspiring match from either team.  Canada might have 75% possession but we're doing next to nothing with it.  I'd like to see us come out in the second half with a little more spring in our step.  I don't think Haiti would be too upset with only being down 0-1 going into the second leg.  We need some more goals.

Edited by umpiredice

1 minute ago, badname22 said:

Halftime thoughts?

Tough to draw any conclusions with the pitch and conditions but I've been happy with Kaye, Eusatquio, Johnston and Kennedy. 

Hoping we can come away with the 1-0 and the away goal; from what I've seen from Haiti, we should be able to more than handle them in ideal conditions in Chicago. 

1 minute ago, umpiredice said:

Honestly, it hasn't been much of an inspiring from either team.  Canada might have 75% possession but we're doing next to nothing with it.  I'd like to see us come out in the second half with a little more spring in our step.  I don't think Haiti would be too upset with only being down 0-1 going into the second leg.  We need some more goals.

Disagree, coming home with a 1-0 away win is job accomplished.