Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

• 4 weeks later...

A journo called Alan Nixon has written on his Patreon that Jebbison is reluctant to sign a new contract with Sheffield United because of lack of playing time. Current one runs out in the summer.

Unfortunately also says he might not play until November.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

A journo called Alan Nixon has written on his Patreon that Jebbison is reluctant to sign a new contract with Sheffield United because of lack of playing time. Current one runs out in the summer.

Unfortunately also says he might not play until November.

I wonder if he flirts with us in the new year, if for no other reason than simply to up his perceived market value.

2 hours ago, nolando said:

I wonder if he flirts with us in the new year, if for no other reason than simply to up his perceived market value.

Possible. Fair chance he dips out of the England youth set up if he isn't getting game time. There is ALWAYS someone else in that English player pool waiting to breakthrough and take that spot. He is eligible for their u21s until 2025 though, so possibly no rush in his eyes. Espeically when clubs like Liverpool, Newcastle, Juventus and Dortmand have been linked... I guess Everton too!

Either way I'm not sure that he has done anything to merit a call up for us over other players, even if his potential is tipped to be high. Doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome it 😀

On 9/25/2023 at 5:41 AM, toontownman said:

Possible. Fair chance he dips out of the England youth set up if he isn't getting game time. There is ALWAYS someone else in that English player pool waiting to breakthrough and take that spot. He is eligible for their u21s until 2025 though, so possibly no rush in his eyes. Espeically when clubs like Liverpool, Newcastle, Juventus and Dortmand have been linked... I guess Everton too!

Either way I'm not sure that he has done anything to merit a call up for us over other players, even if his potential is tipped to be high. Doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome it 😀

There has never been a credible link with a potential move to Liverpool.

7 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

There has never been a credible link with a potential move to Liverpool.

Well, the reports are no less credible than him being linked anywhere else, maybe Everton aside. Liverpool have been name dropped since 2021, then last month more specifically by local Yorkshire based reports.

42 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Well, the reports are no less credible than him being linked anywhere else, maybe Everton aside. Liverpool have been name dropped since 2021, then last month more specifically by local Yorkshire based reports.

Not a single source with any level of credibility on the Liverpool side has ever suggested that DJ is or has been a target for the club. And there are prominent Liverpool media who explore every, single transfer link, however remote, to a ridiculous degree. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

https://x.com/canmntbible/status/1710307774926651450?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

guess who posted this to their Instagram story and removed all mentions and pictures of England from his page?

Definitely could be seen as encouraging, and I hope it is, but for those who don't know, Dsquared2 is quite a common brand among football fans/players in Europe, sort of in a similar vein as Stone Island, and they have lots of Canada imagery due to it being started by a couple Canadians. That said, I'm sure the picture has some intention behind it.

14 minutes ago, frmr said:

Definitely could be seen as encouraging, and I hope it is, but for those who don't know, Dsquared2 is quite a common brand among football fans/players in Europe, sort of in a similar vein as Stone Island, and they have lots of Canada imagery due to it being started by a couple Canadians. That said, I'm sure the picture has some intention behind it.

I figure there's a point in it because he took that picture from Getty Images- it's not even a notable picture or anything, he's just sitting on the bench and there's a watermark. It's a nondescript picture, I'm pretty sure he could've taken a selfie that looked better or just taken one of the thousands of photos taken of him during a game or training, or out in public. That said, it's possible he feels sour because he wasn't selected by England and is just acting sour about it, but I think he purposefully posted the made in Canada thing because it says Canada. With the minor drama caused when he followed Canada on IG last year, I think he knows very well what he's doing.

At the same time though, he wasn’t called into our camp either- if he was ready to commit, I am sure we’d find a way to fit him into the camp so he can file his one time switch. Might just be to piss off England which is a pretty bold move considering the type of player he is and the power they have, but maybe he is ready to move over to us. 

16 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

At the same time though, he wasn’t called into our camp either- if he was ready to commit, I am sure we’d find a way to fit him into the camp so he can file his one time switch. Might just be to piss off England which is a pretty bold move considering the type of player he is and the power they have, but maybe he is ready to move over to us. 

The thing about this is he's currently out sick/injured and possibly not match fit so it wouldn't make sense to call him in. 

The optimist in me says he is ready to file his one-time switch, and Canada won't announce anything till it's done.

I personally don't want anymore feel good/test the water call ups like Koleosho, and Flores. It's unnecessary hoopla that we lose out on.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I personally don't want anymore feel good/test the water call ups like Koleosho, and Flores. It's unnecessary hoopla that we lose out on.

I think it is only really an issue for us nerds.  For most people the end result is what matters - who ultimately suits up for Canada.  And if calling promising duals into camps or non-playing friendlies is an important element in that ongoing recruitment drive then it is a necessary part of the machine - even if the invitees are ultimately a flight risk.  The percentage of people who actually get worked up about it is insignificant to the process.