Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

5 hours ago, Bigandy said:

There are at least 9 currently ahead of him.
1. Kane
2. Wilson
3. Toney
4. rashford
5. DCL
6. Abraham
7. Watkins
8. Ings
9. Bamford

Youngsters: At least 3 ahead of him.
1. Scarlett
2. Delap 
3. nketiah

Jebbo could easily pass the lower end guys like ings and bamford but hes got a massive amount of competition to get into the squad. 

Ings is done and Bamford never was.

Nketiah is ahead of Jebbison but just turned 24. 

Cameron Archer is one you didn't mention, he  took some minutes from Balogun in the last 4 games of U-21 Euros qualifiying. He also had a very good second half of the season - 11 goals to help Middlesbrough FC make the playoffs in the Championship. 
He was just called into the prep camp for the summer tournament.  He is only real striker that was.  The rest listed as "forwards"  are attacking midfielders or wingers - Gibbs-White, Gordon, Madueke, Smith-Rowe.

You could also say Mateo Joseph is ahead of Jebbison, he got 20 more minutes and 2 more goals at the U-20 World Cup. 

The latter actually needs a loan this year.

10 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Ings is done and Bamford never was.

Nketiah is ahead of Jebbison but just turned 24. 

Cameron Archer is one you didn't mention, he  took some minutes from Balogun in the last 4 games of U-21 Euros qualifiying. He also had a very good second half of the season - 11 goals to help Middlesbrough FC make the playoffs in the Championship. 
He was just called into the prep camp for the summer tournament.  He is only real striker that was.  The rest listed as "forwards"  are attacking midfielders or wingers - Gibbs-White, Gordon, Madueke, Smith-Rowe.

You could also say Mateo Joseph is ahead of Jebbison, he got 20 more minutes and 2 more goals at the U-20 World Cup. 

The latter actually needs a loan this year.

Ings, bamford, and nketiah never really were because they are low on the depth charts. However, all 3 are much more likely for a call up than jebbo at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Ings, bamford, and nketiah never really were because they are low on the depth charts. However, all 3 are much more likely for a call up than jebbo at this point. 

Nketiah - yes, he's only 24 and can get better.  I can't ever see Ings or Bamford getting another call, you go with potential if you are that far down the list. You could put someone like Welbeck in there if you pick those guys. Lots more caps and goals than either of them. 

Solanke and Demarai Grey are kind of in between and come before Ings or Bamford at this point, for me.

But I think we are saying similar in that even after that, Archer, Delap, Scarlett and maybe Joseph are ahead of Jebbison in the guys with potential category. 

This all said I did a similar list way back with Tomori. 😄 Maybe for us, Jebbison plays for the right team. 

20 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Nketiah - yes, he's only 24 and can get better.  I can't ever see Ings or Bamford getting another call, you go with potential if you are that far down the list. You could put someone like Welbeck in there if you pick those guys. Lots more caps and goals than either of them. 

Solanke and Demarai Grey are kind of in between and come before Ings or Bamford at this point, for me.

But I think we are saying similar in that even after that, Archer, Delap, Scarlett and maybe Joseph are ahead of Jebbison in the guys with potential category. 

This all said I did a similar list way back with Tomori. 😄 Maybe for us, Jebbison plays for the right team. 

I 100% agree. my thought is also you go with potential up until a certain level. If youre in a WCQ match you may pick scarlett over ings but would you pick jebbison over bamford in a crucial match? 

Its a horribly unlikely scenario that all your main guys and all your high potential players go down and you have to pick between a weak but premier league quality striker vs a medium potential - championship striker.

In fairness, your list with Tomori is probably right seeing as hes never called up.... its just the cynical captie. 

2 hours ago, Xavier. said:

Don't make a big deal out of nothing. It changed to Canada because he was on the gold cup provisional. If he plays for England u21 it will go back to England as the main citizenship. It's just the transfermarkt default.

Koleosho is also listed as a Canadian international even though he’s on the Italy U19 roster. I figured they just list whichever senior team you were most recently called up to if you have any senior call ups.

26 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Koleosho is also listed as a Canadian international even though he’s on the Italy U19 roster. I figured they just list whichever senior team you were most recently called up to if you have any senior call ups.

He's also on the Canadian roster on transfermarkt since he's on the Gold Cup preliminary roster. Once he's not on the offical roster it will switch back to Italy as the main citizenship.

41 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

Not on the England U21 roster…not sure if that’s a surprise or not.

No, wasn't included in the Japan friendly a few days ago or the summer camp around it. Cameron Archer, who is a Villa player but had a really good second half in the Championship last season, is the only real striker in the squad.

30 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

No, wasn't included in the Japan friendly a few days ago or the summer camp around it. Cameron Archer, who is a Villa player but had a really good second half in the Championship last season, is the only real striker in the squad.

Only 1 real striker makes the jebbo snub quite telling. I think there is genuinely a good chance he joins the gold cup squad. Should we start a poll?

6 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Crazy when you look at that list and… Sheffield might not be high enough a level to make the team? Crazy.

also, had no clue Angel Gomes was that young. I thought he was in his late 20s.

39 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Crazy when you look at that list and… Sheffield might not be high enough a level to make the team? Crazy.

also, had no clue Angel Gomes was that young. I thought he was in his late 20s.

Remember those are the team that own them, not necessarily who they played with last.

Archer who I mentioned earlier is there because of his good half season with Middlesbrough.  I know Charlie Creswell was with the 'Wall from Leeds. None of the keepers played in the top flight last year, I don't think. Harwood-Bellis was with Burnley. 

Lots of Premier League bit part players (like Ben Johnson) and better but also a number of regulars from the Championship and even below.

Less about playing level and more about lack playing time and production at that level for Jebbison.  In my opinion.

9 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Remember those are the team that own them, not necessarily who they played with last.

Archer who I mentioned earlier is there because of his good half season with Middlesbrough.  I know Charlie Creswell was with the 'Wall from Leeds. None of the keepers played in the top flight last year, I don't think. Harwood-Bellis was with Burnley. 

Lots of Premier League bit part players (like Ben Johnson) and better but also a number of regulars from the Championship and even below.

Less about playing level and more about lack playing time and production at that level for Jebbison.  In my opinion.

Fair, should’ve looked at what their current clubs look like, I just noticed a few names I recognize from the premier league- Cole Palmer, Harvey Elliot, etc. Still though- regular minutes in probably a top 10 league in Europe and not even a short list call- damn. Less about him earning it or not and more about how even though we all know England has depth- boy do they really have depth.

• 3 weeks later...

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-are-very-closely-monitoring-fantastic-striker-whose-deal-with-pl-rival-expires-next-year/

4 prem clubs are monitoring him as well. 

This is fantastic but also terrible news. If he goes to a top team, he'll likely delay his decision to join us even longer. If he does commit and becomes a striker at the dortmund/juventus level, he would arguably be our #1 striker. 

Do we play 4-2-3-1 with David at CAM, larin on the bench, jebbo striker? Or can jebbison play out wide?

11 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-are-very-closely-monitoring-fantastic-striker-whose-deal-with-pl-rival-expires-next-year/

4 prem clubs are monitoring him as well. 

This is fantastic but also terrible news. If he goes to a top team, he'll likely delay his decision to join us even longer. If he does commit and becomes a striker at the dortmund/juventus level, he would arguably be our #1 striker. 

Do we play 4-2-3-1 with David at CAM, larin on the bench, jebbo striker? Or can jebbison play out wide?

Nothing about his game says wide player to me. Jebbison is in a 3-horse race with David and Larin for the next cycle, maybe 2 depending on how long Larin players. You could theoretically play David as a CAM with a Jebbo-Larin duo, but that's 3 guys wanting the ball at their feet and nobody inclined to make runs behind. So I would say in this scenario where Jebbo goes to a Juve or Dortmund and starts forcing his way in, it should just be an open competition at that point. I don't think we should force 3 of them on the field at once for the sake of it.