Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

5 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Huddersfield winning, so moot at the moment.  But their two GD lead would be erased with the two losses at a minimum.  And Reading have still scored more goals. 

Goal differential is the first tiebreaker no? Huddersfield was 2 above Reading before this game. But Huddersfield is now up 1-0, so Sheffield would have to come back and win, and Reading would have to win and cover the GD next week. Looking pretty bleak for Hoilett’s squad.

11 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Goal differential is the first tiebreaker no? Huddersfield was 2 above Reading before this game. But Huddersfield is now up 1-0, so Sheffield would have to come back and win, and Reading would have to win and cover the GD next week. Looking pretty bleak for Hoilett’s squad.

Reading it back, I misunderstood. Reading winning and after Hudderfield losing tonight would give them a better goal difference which is what you were saying. I think.

But all academic now.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

6 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Reading it back, I misunderstood. Reading winning and after Hudderfield losing tonight would give them a better goal difference which is what you were saying. I think.

But all academic now.

Yeah, basically. huddersfield lose by one this week, then Reading beats them by one next week, they stay up, and HF goes down.

a topic for another thread, but I wonder where Junior goes after this. I think he’s too good to go down to League One.

Congrats to Jebbo. I know some really wanted him to commit to Canada already (I still think/hope he will eventually), but this is probably better for him in his career.

Had he committed to Canada pre-World Cup, he probably wouldn't have played much (maybe against Bahrain, Curacao, etc), but David/Larin would still get most/all of the minutes. This tournament is a great exposure opportunity and he can still switch to us after, maybe even for the Gold Cup. If I was a young player like him I would probably do the same, take a shot at a U20 World Cup with the chance to switch later, rather than switch early to play a couple friendly minutes (in front of minimal international audience) without a guarantee of Qatar.

23 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Do we have any other players in contention for U20 WC?

Costa and Dias may be long shots for portugal if they qualified? 

Portugal didn't qualify. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_FIFA_U-20_World_Cup#Qualified_teams

Marcus Ferkranus was named to the USA squad

Edit: Just saw you were the one who posted in the Ferkranus thread that he made their squad. Oops lol

Edited by rydermike

8 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I also said that portugal didnt qualify haha

Oh, the way I read it, it sounded like you were asking if they did (and that Costa Dias could be potential contenders for a spot). My bad

Edited by rydermike

1 minute ago, rydermike said:

Oh, the way I read it, it sounded like you were asking if they did (and that Costa Dias could be potential contenders for a spot). My bad

I can see how poorly written my comment was. Appreciate your update though!  

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

On in the 81' for England's U20s against Tunisia at the U20 WC.

Edit: On TSN1

Interesting.  Mateo Joseph came on 6' minutes before him but Liam Delap didn't come on at all.  Delap played in the Championship and the starter Scarlett - League 1 - but both played a lot more minutes than Jebbison (and are owned by bigger teams). Joseph had a handful of Premier League minutes but was mostly Premier League 2 for Leeds.

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Are we still on the Jebbison train or has there been any updates on Jebbison switching to play for Canada

We know for sure he won't be part of nations league next month and it's 99% certain he won't be at Gold Cup.

After that it's anyone's guess what happens with Jebbison, but for me it's highly unlikely he commits in 2023. Next year could be more realistic, though.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

We know for sure he won't be part of nations league next month and it's 99% certain he won't be at Gold Cup.

After that it's anyone's guess what happens with Jebbison, but for me it's highly unlikely he commits in 2023. Next year could be more realistic, though.

To be honest, it's probably better he maximizes his England youth experience this summer instead of being at best a super-sub featuring in very limited minutes while we try and win some trophies. Hopefully he can breakout this upcoming year and then carve out more of a role for himself in the Copa America next year.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

For the 4th time in a row he is on the bench at the U20 World Cup.

If he sticks with England, who are the U23 (UEFA U-21)  players that would be ahead of him?

The guys in the U20 squad + Noni Madueke & Cole Palmer?

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_under-21_football_team

There are at least 9 currently ahead of him.
1. Kane
2. Wilson
3. Toney
4. rashford
5. DCL
6. Abraham
7. Watkins
8. Ings
9. Bamford

Youngsters: At least 3 ahead of him.
1. Scarlett
2. Delap 
3. nketiah

Jebbo could easily pass the lower end guys like ings and bamford but hes got a massive amount of competition to get into the squad. 

12 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

It is amazing how excited we get for a decent prospect.

We've got very little depth!

12 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

He couldnt get off the bench even though England made 3 changes late.

To be fair, he played a role as a sub in each of the three Group Stage matches.

On 5/22/2023 at 10:44 PM, Obinna said:

for me it's highly unlikely he commits in 2023. Next year could be more realistic, though.

U20 football is officially over for him. Now the question is, does he have what it takes to get into the U21 squad?

England are in the same group as Serbia so he could play against Stefan Mitrović! :D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2025_UEFA_European_Under-21_Championship_qualification_Group_F

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

On 5/23/2023 at 12:57 AM, Approve My Account Pls said:

To be honest, it's probably better he maximizes his England youth experience this summer instead of being at best a super-sub featuring in very limited minutes while we try and win some trophies. Hopefully he can breakout this upcoming year and then carve out more of a role for himself in the Copa America next year.

But with him tied to England at U 21 level/U 20 then what are the chances he switches to play for Canada? I mean because you know England at senior level are also going to be monitoring him and then what? He could very well play for England at senior level