Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

There have been Juve and Dortmund rumors not so long ago. I feel like him going to either doesn't help us, because although it gets him out of the English pyramid, both are much bigger clubs than Sheffield and even moderate success there may keep him dreaming of England. Conversely, if he stays with Sheffield (and doesn't go on loan) he's basically going to have to kill it to generate England buzz, which is unlikely.

I feel like a modest EPL season where he is moderately successful could be good for us, however. It could be enough to put him at 3 behind David and Larin, but not so good where he's holding out for England. 

46 minutes ago, Obinna said:

There have been Juve and Dortmund rumors not so long ago. I feel like him going to either doesn't help us, because although it gets him out of the English pyramid, both are much bigger clubs than Sheffield and even moderate success there may keep him dreaming of England. Conversely, if he stays with Sheffield (and doesn't go on loan) he's basically going to have to kill it to generate England buzz, which is unlikely.

I feel like a modest EPL season where he is moderately successful could be good for us, however. It could be enough to put him at 3 behind David and Larin, but not so good where he's holding out for England. 

that's what you call hedging your exposures :)

23 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Kinda crazy that there could be 4 Canadians in the Prem next year

I was thinking about it the other day. Actually I have 6 : Laryea, McGill, Corbeanu (if recall), Pepple, Jebbison, de Fougerolles. 

Nice, but odds that they don’t play more than 1 minute all together are at 1.01

Edited by MauditYvon

6 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

I was thinking about it the other day. Actually I have 6 : Laryea, McGill, Corbeanu (if recall), Pepple, Jebbison, de Fougerolles. 

Nice, but odds that they don’t play more than 1 minute all together are at 1.01

Jebbison will probably play minutes but we don’t even know if he’s actually Canadian yet and Laryea might get some if he stays there, Pepple and De fougerolles are unlikely but possible, McGill probably doesn’t but you never know with goalies and injuries and I doubt Corbenau gets recalled unless if he’s lighting up Switzerland and Wolves need a boost in attack but if he does get recalled I would assume it would be to play minutes. Really cool for all these guys and let’s hope they all play minutes and commit to Canada!

1 hour ago, Jack1997 said:

Jebbison will probably play minutes but we don’t even know if he’s actually Canadian yet and Laryea might get some if he stays there, Pepple and De fougerolles are unlikely but possible, McGill probably doesn’t but you never know with goalies and injuries and I doubt Corbenau gets recalled unless if he’s lighting up Switzerland and Wolves need a boost in attack but if he does get recalled I would assume it would be to play minutes. Really cool for all these guys and let’s hope they all play minutes and commit to Canada!

Laryea not in Spain with NFFC yet so don't know what kind of preseason he will get.

Pepple might be in Slovenia with Luton, he was doing gym training with the first team last week, he wasn't involved in a Luton Academy game yesterday but also wasn't involved in the only first team friendly they had.  Long shot.

McGill went to the States with Brighton and three other keepers.  Play Chelsea on Saturday . Hope for a loan there.

Fougerolles also went to the States with Fulham.  Probably a better chance to see some action there. 

Sheffield United were playing some hoops at their camp in Portugal.  Surely Jebbison was schooling them English/French etc. boys.

The Instagram includes him. Active Instagram people should remind him who his dad played b-ball for. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu9I_vtgl_-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Nothing of him in the twitter video sadly.

21 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

They’re going to need to reinvest that money from Ndiaye ASAP. By all accounts Sheffield don’t have a massive budget and their signings so far aren’t making headlines by any means. Looks like they could be signing USMNT’s Aaron Trusty. 

I've seen  Habib Diallo linked and they did pick up a guy named Bénie Traoré who was scoring for fun this season in Sweden (after missing pretty much all of the last one with a broken leg). No idea when Rhian Brewster will be back from another hamstring. So Ollie McBurnie is still the main competition until proven otherwise.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/10/sheffield-united-premier-league-2023-24-preview

The Guardian identifies him as one to watch this season (but pans the side's chances)

One to watch

Daniel Jebbison, who turns 20 on Sunday, already has a Premier League goal to his name, having scored the winner against Everton at Goodison as a 17-year-old in 2021. Has been linked with a move to Merseyside since and Juventus, Borussia Dortmund and Tottenham are among those thought to be keeping a watching eye on a player who was part of the England Under-20 World Cup squad this summer. Struggled for form and fitness at times last season but his potential is huge and Ndiaye’s departure could mean more minutes. Danish striker Will Osula, a year Jebbison’s junior, is also pushing for regular first-team action and could start against Crystal Palace on Saturday.

On 8/6/2023 at 7:46 AM, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Wonder if that’s another reason he hasn’t been a part of the squad for the past few games.

The same source says it's off because of the injury possibly being longer term.

A kid a year younger might start at the weekend for Sheffield United but they are hoping McBurnie's back and Brewster's back in training. With the guy they signed from Sweden, up top is looking crowded if not with quality... again.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Unfortunately I just think if this kid succeeds and goes on and does well at a good club in England or even one of top 5 leagues in Europe he is playing for England . Let’s be honest here if he was going to play for Canada he would have already played for Canada . For Canada’s sake we need to hope he just becomes a decent striker in  a league like Belgian or even in the Swiss league or any equivalent league . He then declares for Canada and is able to contribute for the national team . Like I said and  like many already know let’s not kid ourselves if this kid turns out to become a star player in a top league he ain’t playing for Canada it’s very obvious . I hope I’m proven wrong but I highly doubt it unfortunately.

1 minute ago, SoccMan said:

Unfortunately I just think if this kid succeeds and goes on and does well at a good club in England or even one of top 5 leagues in Europe he is playing for England . Let’s be honest here if he was going to play for Canada he would have already played for Canada . For Canada’s sake we need to hope he just becomes a decent striker in  a league like Belgian or even in the Swiss league or any equivalent league . He then declares for Canada and is able to contribute for the national team . Like I said and  like many already know let’s not kid ourselves if this kid turns out to become a star player in a top league he ain’t playing for Canada it’s very obvious . I hope I’m proven wrong but I highly doubt it unfortunately.

Why play for Canada already if you can develop in England's system?

Big, big list ahead of him currently.

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

Let’s be honest here if he was going to play for Canada he would have already played for Canada .

No, i don't agree.  Nothing in it for anyone.  He's doing more with Englands U20 than he would for CANMNT.  He isn't in our top 3 at the moment on performance, perhaps on potential, but that's never 100%.  He wouldn't get any meaningful appearances for us.

Canada has no U20, but that horse is dead, no point discussing.

Staying committed to England at the moment makes sense every way you look at it.

19 minutes ago, costarg said:

Or hopefully just kidding around.

It's a common sentiment though. We hope our dual nationals are only sorta good so they default down to us, and I think that's a bad way of looking at it, because if Jebbison maxes out as a good Belgian striker or whatever, that's not even good enough for us. If he wants to play for England, he's going to have to become one of the best strikers in the world over the next few years which I'm not sure will be the case, but there's absolutely a scenario in which he is a premier league level player who understands the opportunity to play for Canada is better for him than England. He can look to one of his future NT teammates- Junior Hoilett or Fikayo Tomori depending on which way he goes for additional proof of this.