Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

8 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Seriously, how sad is your life that you have to come onto a football supporters' board for a country which isn't your own to post daft, repetitive shit for no apparent end? Why don't you piss off to Big Soccer, or better yet, try to get yourself laid or make some actual friends in real life, or something. I just can't comprehend what's wrong with you.

1) I like my life.

2) I've been saying it for approximately one week. I've said a lot of good, supportive things about Canada both here and on BigSoccer for a lot longer. 

3) It's not like I'm the first-ever person to question the CSA's seriousness or commitment, especially on this board. USSF gets criticized for a lot less. Americans are OK with losing, it happens. But we're not comfortable with not doing everything in our power to win (within reason).

4) The board will be saying the same thing later this year if Canada go down.  

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Seriously, how sad is your life that you have to come onto a football supporters' board for a country which isn't your own to post daft, repetitive shit for no apparent end? Why don't you piss off to Big Soccer, or better yet, try to get yourself laid or make some actual friends in real life, or something. I just can't comprehend what's wrong with you.

This feels harsh and unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

This feels harsh and unnecessary. 

Maybe harsh but not unsurprising, I have said before posting on a rival's board will not end well, especially with constant criticism, we can do a good job of that ourselves! This is a board frequented by CANADIAN soccer supporters for whatever reason if a rival posts on here especially some of the crap this guy posts he is open to harsh rebuttal as far as I'm concerned!

People are claiming that One American is posting a load of feces, without explaining why they think his claims that we are the only country with a decent chance of making the World Cup to not play a match since the pandemic started is a sign that CSA are lacking the same will/desire as other nations is a load of feces. Which isn’t particularly convincing or persuasive as far as the “that’s a load of horse manure” argument goes. 

10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

People are claiming that One American is posting a load of feces, without explaining why they think his claims that we are the only country with a decent chance of making the World Cup to not play a match since the pandemic started is a sign that CSA are lacking the same will/desire as other nations is a load of feces. Which isn’t particularly convincing or persuasive as far as the “that’s a load of horse manure” argument goes. 

He is likely correct. We have many CMNT supporters on here saying the exact same thing and they are likely correct too, but hearing it over and over again gets grating and annoying especially from a rival supporter.

They’ve been trying to have camps though  and they keep getting ruined by Covid. If CSA is being more cautious with Covid than other nations, that is fine with me. I find it hard to blame the CSA for canceling a scrimmage if there are Covid scares. The fact that other nations wouldn’t do the same is a problem with their decision making, not ours.

7 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Read back his comment and read back your comment. Cmon buddy I know it's tough times but did his comment really justify that anger?

3 hours ago, Ruffian said:

He is likely correct. We have many CMNT supporters on here saying the exact same thing and they are likely correct too, but hearing it over and over again gets grating and annoying especially from a rival supporter.

Personally I don't find them grating or annoying because its obvious to me that he's not here to troll but because he's genuinely interested & seems to be well-meaning overall (if not cheering for us, he genuinely sounds disappointed with the CSA rather than someone who is taunting us) and because his posts on what the other Concacaf countries (and their players) have been doing are often quite informative and interesting (certainly a lot more than posts which only serve to do a William Shatner on SNL impersonation at him, as amusing and as Can Con-related as that might be. ;) ).

Edited by Gian-Luca

4 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

If you are referencing my post where I say he has posted "crap" saying we don't have the will to play the scrimmage when there was some kind of positive test scare to me is stupid, " are there soccer journalists in Canada? " again wtf? I find that a shot at some very good soccer writers in this country, one of whom posts on here, "the CSA is back to the bad old days", we have a new president who I know a bit and quite like and trust to move us forward and did anyone mention we are in the middle of a fucking pandemic and we have fairly strict quarantine rules to work around? You may find the stuff he posts interesting, I haven't read everything but to me a lot of it is condescending and a wind up, just my opinion, he is open to criticism like anyone else here, try posting on the Outlaws board as a Canadian spewing about what's wrong with American soccer and let me know how that goes!

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

I just hate when insults are thrown. A lot of us are grown adults so you should be able to articulate your distaste to something without insults. It reminds me of kids who are fake tough guys or keyboard warriors. 

You wouldn’t have that same energy if the person was in your face, would you?

One American has always been quite respectful and measured in his posts. Only one person was being vile in that interaction. No need to personally attack the guy because of disagreement on a game.

18 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Rarely ever agree with you, yet this is one of those times

Thanks.. I've always been a confrontational, sometimes insulting person who speaks his mind. Trust me, not just with my key board, I've already had a few fun conversations in person today :) . Sounds terrible but conversely I've got pretty thick skin. But for me the divide and conquer campaign is real and the clamp down on speech and free thought is real. We may not realize it but we need each other more than ever. Ill never stop speaking my mind but im trying to do it differently because we're in different times. So far I'm not very good at it but I know the pitfall is for us to get aggressive with each other here, there and everywhere. So I'm just trying to spread that calm, respectful yet truthful (as I see it) energy. But keep in mind im not good at it and sometimes its healthy to just go off but you gotta be accountable 

Edited by SpursFlu

I must have missed the details, but did we get info on the cancelled scrimmage? One American is talking like it was Canada that cancelled it and USA wanted to play. Do we know if that is true? Do we know which team had the outbreak scare? I assume it would be USA that had the scare since our guys played a scrimmage that day. It could very well be that Canada was the only team that didn't want to play based on the USA COVID scare, if my assumption above is correct.

As for One American's comments, I agree that he has been around a long time and it's only recently that he has had a couple posts that are a bit controversial. Overall he's not totally wrong, but it seems stronger worded than it should be considering how his team's game with Serbia went.

9 hours ago, Kent said:

I must have missed the details, but did we get info on the cancelled scrimmage? One American is talking like it was Canada that cancelled it and USA wanted to play. Do we know if that is true? Do we know which team had the outbreak scare? I assume it would be USA that had the scare since our guys played a scrimmage that day. It could very well be that Canada was the only team that didn't want to play based on the USA COVID scare, if my assumption above is correct.

As for One American's comments, I agree that he has been around a long time and it's only recently that he has had a couple posts that are a bit controversial. Overall he's not totally wrong, but it seems stronger worded than it should be considering how his team's game with Serbia went.

It was Canada that had the cases which the next day were proved negative.

12 minutes ago, An Observer said:

i can direct you to google where you would find that in 5 seconds

Too subtle, eh?

Edit: The point was I was asking for "no reason" to suggest I would go over to that forum to cause the same controversy that happened here. Ha ha. I know.

But on the discussion itself, while I don't personally see the draw in going to a rival supporters' forum I'd agree the feedback needs to be respectful.

Edited by Redpunkfiddle

1 hour ago, Redpunkfiddle said:

Too subtle, eh?

Edit: The point was I was asking for "no reason" to suggest I would go over to that forum to cause the same controversy that happened here. Ha ha. I know.

But on the discussion itself, while I don't personally see the draw in going to a rival supporters' forum I'd agree the feedback needs to be respectful.

Apologies.  Went over my head.  😀