Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

This has to be the first time I remember Canada Soccer not even commenting on the possibility of people watching these “games”.  Usually its just a hard “sorry but no” in these situations.

Well Tbf they arent games. Who broadcasts training scrimmages? Not saying they shouldnt have given the circumstances, something for the fans would have been nice sure. But its extreme.

Just now, toontownman said:

Well Tbf they arent games. Who broadcasts training scrimmages? Not saying they shouldnt have given the circumstances, something for the fans would have been nice sure. But its extreme.

I think that is is completely reasonable for the CSA to post a few tweets with updates. Takes 30 seconds per tweet.  Not sure about the obvious reluctance.

3 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

I think that is is completely reasonable for the CSA to post a few tweets with updates. Takes 30 seconds per tweet.  Not sure about the obvious reluctance.

Some middle ground would be nice to be sure. We are the ultra obsessed and on top of that we have been leashed up and not fed for months. Naturally we are chomping at the bit. Its not a normal situation, so while it's a training match that would never be reported on let alone aired it is special this year and would have been nice for sure.

Definitely wouldn't be surprised if neither team wanted the game covered though, just to keep momentum and pr going into March. So whomever won the scrimmage will likely post first lol

The Canadian men had been scheduled to play two 70-minute soccer scrimmages against the Americans. Both teams are in camp, in separate bubbles, at the IMG Center.

But four inconclusive tests from players/staff in the Canadian camp Friday caused the teams to cancel the match as a precaution. With both camps coming to an end on the weekend, there was no opportunity to reschedule.

[snip]

The inconclusive Canadian tests eventually came back negative and the Canadians played an intrasquad game instead.

Were the teams so pressed for time that they had to immediately cancel (on Friday) instead of just waiting for further results on Saturday?

I'm definitely in the "better safe than sorry" camp, but this seems way past that.

Who won the intra squad game then? I think it's good that we actually had a camp and it would have been nice to play a friendly or two or even scrimmages for JH to get a look at some of our guys who are on the bubble for the MNT or who are going to be in the Olympic squad (if that even happens), I don't think it's worth losing our shit over because they erred on the side of caution! If in fact our players did spread an infection around it may have been tough convincing nations to play us in the future or getting players to future camps whether that is fair or not! Maybe there would have been updates or a stream if in fact the scrimmages would have happened, the CSA needs to communicate better IMHO, surely we could have got something from the US as well, if it sounds like I am a CSA apologist I have the T Shirt to prove I'm not for those of you around long enough to remember!😀

18 minutes ago, jtpc said:

Glad to see the 4 inconclusive tests eventually came back negative. Cornelius scored to give Team White a 1-0 victory over Team Red. I don't see anything yet that indicates who was on each squad.

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

Nelson looked very good in those highlights. As he grows from a boy to a man he's going to be a real livewire. Buchanan on the other flank was dangerous as well. Wouldn't be surprised if those were our starting wingers for the Olympic team, if that qualifying tournament happens of course. Speaking of which, Cornelius might be the one who drops down and leads it, as he had the armband on for the young white team today.

Definitely looks to be some quality in our younger players that can join the Double D’s as our next generation of talent.  

I know there will be lots of senior guys sticking around to play in 2026 but after that we could have a really solid 11 just based on youth and potential.

—————-Akinola* ————-

————-David————————

Davies—————-——Buchanan 

——-Okello——-Eustaquio ——

Miller —————————— ZBG

—-—Cornelius — ??? —-—

St Clair

I know some of those guys aren’t locks for various reasons but there are list if guys left off who may end up excelling - Gutierez, etc.  

Damn we need to get playing games again at all age levels.