Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

2 hours ago, trc2014 said:

I really got that sense in the game against Mexico in the Gold Cup.

I really didn't get that feeling in the game against the USA away. For the tank he is, Long and Brooks made him look really small.

I still think he put on two much weight or muscle, as I feel like he's lost some mobility. Here's hoping he has a great season with the Caps.

I am happy for Edwards, but I wonder why Herdman has called on him before Tabla. Pretty incredible that Ballou is that far down the depth chart.

I think it could be that Edwards, with all due respect to him, is coming in to make up the numbers. This obviously requires buy-in from the player and a team-first attitude. Obviously he’ll want to impress here, but he’ll be expected to come in and support the team with humility. I am not sure Tabla would be as reliable in this role.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I am happy for Edwards, but I wonder why Herdman has called on him before Tabla. Pretty incredible that Ballou is that far down the depth chart.

I think it could be that Edwards, with all due respect to him, is coming in to make up the numbers. This obviously requires buy-in from the player and a team-first attitude. Obviously he’ll want to impress here, but he’ll be expected to come in and support the team with humility. I am not sure Tabla would be as reliable in this role.

Edwards got more appearances and minutes (and for a better MLS team ) than Tabla did so I am not surprised he was called in ahead of him. Along with Chapman he was the person I was surprised weren’t called to such a large camp (Hamilton less so, other than I rate him higher than replacement-call up Bair but Bair is eligible for the Olympic team whereas Jordan is not, so I understand that one)

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He wasn’t even dressing for his club most of the year. I’d like to have seen Pasher, M.Johnson, Raposo or Farsi. I just feel like we’ve all seen Edwards before and what he has to offer. 

I thought that Edwards played well for MNUFC when he was on the pitch. Farsi and Pasher are names with which I can agree. Raposo is not ready IMO, and I do not know that much about M. Johnson. Another name I would like to see on a camp list is Mo Babouli.

14 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Romania has a nice young generation; they made it to the Olympics! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_UEFA_European_Under-21_Championship_squads

Yeah and sadly it looks like the Olympics will be cancelled.. typical lol..

I hope the IOC finds a way to make it happen whether in Japan or elsewhere, even a host country in the winter that’s around the equator if they can’t by summer.. frustrating as hell as other competitions & leagues for various sports around the world seem to be managing fine. Not like they wouldn’t have millions of viewers & big sponsors too

what’s with Ballou Tabla btw? I remember reading that he had an attitude problem or something

about Babouli I played against him when he was at Sheridan, fast forward a couple years I’m watching him take set pieces against Pantilimon in a friendly against Sunderland, that was something 😁

seems like CPL really is providing a lot of players like him good opportunities too to rekindle their careers. Hopefully we see begin to see more investment as the league grows and especially good bargain scouting on experienced foreigners or older Canadian players coming back from abroad (David Edgar, Ledgerwood, Bekker) to help mentor the younger players as well and increase the level of the competition overall

Edited by Filip

If there isn't a stream available this is on both federations, absolutely no reason not to have a stream unless they both agree they don't want it shown! I'm sure these will be videoed for the coaches so the cameras and wifi are there, hell I pay 7 pounds most Saturday mornings to watch QPR with only a couple of cameras at most stadiums!

22 hours ago, Obinna said:

Tabla was hurt towards the end of the season, no idea what that status is though.