Camp Poutine 2021 @ IMG in Florida Jan 9 -24

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Wow this thread escalated quickly this morning in true V fashion. 

Let's split up, go through every phone book and call Ayo's parents, they might be worried too? 

To be fair Herdman isn't in the pictures either. Clearly one of two things:

1) Herdman is the super spreader

2) Ayo is looked in the interrogation room with Herdman. He will appear in training pictures after they have turned him.

It's called the "Mind Room!"

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

Tesho...Ayo...Obviously goes without saying hope #1 is whoever the COVID case is recovers fully.

58 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Wishing a swift and full recovery (with hopefully none of those nasty lingering problems some people get) to either Tesho or Ayo. Stay strong.

40 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Hopefully they survive 

Imagine you are ill and you receive a "Get Well" card from @SpursFlu :

Dear Tesho/Ayo,
Hope you don't die.

Sincerely,
   SpursFlu

We already knew he wasn't the compassionate or sentimental type but geez... "Hopefully they survive" is either really cold or really sarcastic.

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Imagine you are ill and you receive a "Get Well" card from @SpursFlu :

Dear Tesho/Ayo,
Hope you don't die.

Sincerely,
   SpursFlu

We already knew he wasn't the compassionate or sentimental type but geez... "Hopefully they survive" is either really cold or really sarcastic.

Why bother engaging? He's just looking to derail yet another thread with his terrible COVID takes.

17 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Are you going to make us read it for ourselves?! 🙄 

edit: relevant quote from JH;

"I really really felt for Ayo," he added. "Because he is that local guy in Toronto and we've been talking seriously since July about this January opportunity. And he was excited. Through the Christmas period, we had quite a few connects. One was about two hours long, just talking about how we see his profile fitting into our team.

"To get that call from him, he was actually devastated. In one way it was bittersweet. The bitter bit is he can't come into camp. But the sweet was just to see how he really felt about missing this opportunity, that it did hurt him. It hurt us as well because I think everyone was excited just to see him in that red jersey."

On Flores;

He said Flores' family eventually opted to keep him at home.

On Gutierrez;

Vancouver Whitecaps defender Cristian Gutierrez is also headed to the Canadian camp. While born in Quebec, he moved to Chile with his family when he was three and represented Chile at youth level. The 23-year-old has since switched his international allegiance to Canada.

So Tesho has the Rona.

38 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Maybe I’m being negative, but I lean towards this was Ayo making his decision.  He probably orginally thought he would humour the camp because he had previously agreed to it, but as it became real and camp was upon him he said ‘no thanks’.  Again, what I’m saying is baseless, just a feeling.

13 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

They say that of all players. "Did not make the camp".

Yes but another poster above is concluding that Tesho has Covid, which I'm saying isn't likely the case if Davidson's article is accurate. Because it's one of the players who did make the camp who has got Covid, rather than one of the players who did not make the campe, according to this quote "One Canadian player, who has not been identified, tested positive upon arrival in camp and is currently in isolation."

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

Maybe I’m being negative, but I lean towards this was Ayo making his decision.  He probably orginally thought he would humour the camp because he had previously agreed to it, but as it became real and camp was upon him he said ‘no thanks’.  Again, what I’m saying is baseless, just a feeling.

According to this board, this is the 20th time Ayo has definitively chosen USMNT over us lol

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I think maybe it was Col Mustard in the palour with the candlestick.  

I'm still unclear as to when he ever chose us at all??  

He hasn’t chose us, but he also hasn’t closed any doors, despite this board repeatedly overreacting and acting like he has

Edited by archer21

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

"To get that call from him, he was actually devastated. In one way it was bittersweet. The bitter bit is he can't come into camp. But the sweet was just to see how he really felt about missing this opportunity, that it did hurt him. It hurt us as well because I think everyone was excited just to see him in that red jersey."

Yeah, maybe reading too much into this, but, I've never heard "bittersweet" used in an expected future happy ending sense.  This sounds like a break up to me.  "I liked you", "I wanted it to work", "lets be friends, ok", "he was hurt".....