November friendlies

spitfire

14 minutes ago, narduch said:

The covidots are the ones that don't take the virus seriously. Like the people upset we won't have a November friendly.

Europe is burning up right now with covid. All the nations are increasing restrictions. 

But your pro covid. Think about it. It makes more sense that your the covidiot

3 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Your pro covid, pro corruption. Your the useful covidiot. Where you been buds? Its not April anymore, are you still under your bed?

I didn't want to have to put you on ignore because sometimes you are funny but this really crosses the line.

I've only ever ignored one of Robert's incarnations.

I never even put Ozzie on ignore.

59 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am not one to habitually **** on the CSA but this one stings.   I get that there are logistical hurdles but the idea of a camp using only locally available players seemed viable.  

I get the feeling the CSA could organize a domestic camp and schedule them to play red versus white and turn around and cancel it on the recommendation of health experts.

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

*You're

You play dumb as our communities, country, culture and future gets driven in to a ditch by corruption. But your a real good guy because your TV set tells you so. Remember your mask because you forgot your balls. Think of your parents, grandparents and most importantly your children. I really dont care about a football match at this point because it has nothing to do with this ridiculous virus concept and more to do with this human made spider web western civilization is tangled up in. You may think im a jerk, or find me offensive but I dont care, I'd break bread and drink a beer with any of you. This isn't about winning an internet argument at this point, its about the future of my country and my family. Im standing up for our values, your welcome to join at any point

Edited by SpursFlu

At this point why doesnt Forge play an all Canadian lineup and play some Caribbean team in Panama after the game against Tauro. After they win they could use a friendly of their own before the next round.

Kind of kidding, but it is probably actually the closest thing to reality. 

Edited by Stryker911

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I get the feeling the CSA could organize a domestic camp and schedule them to play red versus white and turn around and cancel it on the recommendation of health experts.

Would the CSA even be able to organize a domestic camp under the current health restrictions in most provinces?  I read that even the Montreal Canadiens cannot practice at any facility in Quebec because of restrictions. 

Edited by JamboAl

30 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

You play dumb as our communities, country, culture and future gets driven into a ditch by corruption. But you're a real good guy because your TV set tells you so. Remember your mask because you forgot your balls. Think of your parents, grandparents and, most importantly, your children. I really don't care about a football match at this point because it has nothing to do with this ridiculous virus concept and more to do with this human-made spider web western civilization is tangled up in. You may think I'm a jerk, or find me offensive but I don't care, I'd break bread and drink a beer with any of you. This isn't about winning an internet argument at this point, it's about the future of my country and my family. I'm standing up for our values, you're welcome to join at any point.

I'm not playing dumb. I've been pretty forthright in making clear how little I think of you and your idiotic crusade to save "(your) country and (your) family."

I don't have kids and all of my grandparents have long since passed. However, I do have an elderly father who lives in the same city as you. Although he's in good health now, dipshits like you wilfully endanger that health. That's why I would never dream of sitting down with you for a meal or a beer.

My editing services have been provided for free free, by the way.

Some of you may not like @SpursFlubecause of his provocative posts, but he touching on something. Western society is an absolute mess. There is chaos and dysfunction all over the place, even in Canada. We have a serious problem with homelessness, under employment, inequality, political/social division, and yes even corruption. Even our prime minister is the subject of corruption allegations.

We may point the blame in different directions, but for sure we have a sickness, both figuratively and literally with covid.

Even the bickering here is a microcosm of that sickness. If you don't like someone's point of view, soccer or otherwise, refute it directly instead of insulting the poster personally. It goes both ways. 

Be better everyone.

And SpursFlu, I would be up to grab a beer with you any day of the week. The same goes to @SthMelbRed, and all of you for that matter. We are all Canadian soccer supporters and more importantly we are all Canadians. Let's respect one another.

The diversity of opinion is not any less important than all the other sorts of diversity this great country prides itself on. 

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

You play dumb as our communities, country, culture and future gets driven in to a ditch by corruption. But your a real good guy because your TV set tells you so. Remember your mask because you forgot your balls. Think of your parents, grandparents and most importantly your children. I really dont care about a football match at this point because it has nothing to do with this ridiculous virus concept and more to do with this human made spider web western civilization is tangled up in. You may think im a jerk, or find me offensive but I dont care, I'd break bread and drink a beer with any of you. This isn't about winning an internet argument at this point, its about the future of my country and my family. Im standing up for our values, your welcome to join at any point

As someone who lost an elder family member to covid who was on a ventilator, out of respect to those that passed away.....

Could we at least try and avoid the "opinions" on covid away from a soccer message board. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Would the CSA even be able to organize a domestic camp under the current health restrictions in most provinces?  I read that even the Montreal Canadiens cannot practice at any facility in Quebec because of restrictions. 

Good question. Alberta seems open for business. Things are chugging along in this part of the country, but obviously that is not the case elsewhere. 

Where there is a will there is a way, I just don't think there is a will.