November friendlies

spitfire

2 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

My backup country? Fuck me, you're an idiot.

You're right I am....especially for engaging with one. And on that note...I'm done - thanks for your meaningful contribution. 

Edited by Shway

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

I think it was the "mate" thing.

Canadians don't typically say "mate", but if they do chances are they have a backup country. 

I've lived in Melbourne for 11 of the last 15 years. I was in London for the other 4. Not that I have to justify myself, or my Canadian bona fides to anybody.

10 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I've lived in Melbourne for 11 of the last 15 years. I was in London for the other 4. Not that I have to justify myself, or my Canadian bona fides to anybody.

You just did ;)

It would be totally understandable if you had a back up team by the way. My back up teams are Nigeria and the USA (in that order). The closer we get to competing with the Americans, the more I have begun to dislike them, so it's a love hate sorta thing when it comes to the USMNT.

I understand the lockdowns in Melbourne are nightmarish. Hope you are doing okay. Stay safe!

28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Should we shut down this thread??

This thread is a good example of (one of the reasons) why I had to take a break from all things soccer for awhile.

Yes. Shut it down. There is no point to it anymore.

@Gian-Luca 's jokes aside, there won't be any friendlies in December.

January and Camp Poutine is (hopefully) what's next on the agenda:

https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums/topic/77567-camp-poutine-2021-january-friendly-matches-panama/

58 minutes ago, Obinna said:

You just did ;)

It would be totally understandable if you had a back up team by the way. My back up teams are Nigeria and the USA (in that order). The closer we get to competing with the Americans, the more I have begun to dislike them, so it's a love hate sorta thing when it comes to the USMNT.

I understand the lockdowns in Melbourne are nightmarish. Hope you are doing okay. Stay safe!

It was rough for the 3 months that we were in strict lockdown. We're on 3 weeks with zero cases, now, though, and we've re-opened with restrictions. We've been able to catch up with the in-laws over the last couple of weeks, and I've been able to get into the pub for a few pints with close mates, as well. We're hoping that we can return to full football training next week, too. Things are definitely getting better. I appreciate your thoughts.