November friendlies

spitfire

Posted this in the Arfield thread, but Scotty mentioned that Herdman will be announcing a squad in the next two weeks. So, it sounds like a friendly is in the works:

https://www.rangersnews.uk/international/rangers-star-scott-arfield-gives-update-on-canada-future-amid-uncertainty/

Edited by sloth8

1 hour ago, sloth8 said:

Posted this in the Arfield thread, but Scotty mentioned that Herdman will be announcing a squad in the next two weeks. So, it sounds like a friendly is in the works:

https://www.rangersnews.uk/international/rangers-star-scott-arfield-gives-update-on-canada-future-amid-uncertainty/

Well, I'll assume that there will be a November camp since Arfield knows about a squad being announced soon. And Ian Kennedy said "stay tuned" for news in reference to Scott...so this all sounds like positive news for a camp. I will also go out and assume that there must be a game happening in November, as those guys wouldn't be available to play in the months of December or January. 

9 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

How do we have Kennedy over James right now? He hasn't played a single game.

It's a toss up between James and Kennedy for me I don't mind either starting both are quick enough to play alongside Vitoria. Kennedy is probably one of if not our best young CB which is why I went with him over James. Alternatively we could put Kennedy at RB I think he played there at least once last season and James at CB.

I would like to see Elva over Byrn if it’s one or the other. He has been a regular for a good Ingolstadt side looking to get back to the 2.Bundesliga. Froese is another who would be good to fill out the squad after his run to the DFB Pokal semi final. Both are still young enough to be around in 2026. Would be nice to see them rewarded for their grind in the German lower leagues.

Obviously Kennedy is an exciting prospect. 

Others such as Paton, Corbeanu and perhaps even Mitrovic would be a welcomed sight. Always great to get new blood into the team.

Edited by Obinna

If we’re inviting Corbeanu based on good performances at U-23, Daniel Jebbison should be in the mix as well. He’s playing well for Sheffield United’s U-23’s.

Also I’m not sure Bassong is a legitimate option, he’s still without a team and hasn’t played in a very long time.