November friendlies

spitfire

Sorry if there is a topic already. Never started one before!! 
So rumours of a Nov camp in Europe( not from me Seriously lol) waiting to hear opposition rumblings of Korea!?!  but this just came across my desk... be a tough one but worth a go!?! England looking for a game...
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/england-vs-new-zealand-friendly-cancelled-covid-19-travel-player-availability-complications-a4570111.html%3famp

40 minutes ago, Shway said:

We will hear so eloquently as to why we can’t make this happen. But we need both a European camp and a North America one. I don’t care if it’s one game. Our guys need looks in that way Herdman/and Biello will have the opportunity to assess their 80 player depth chart before the summer of soccer.

Unless we put pressure on the CSA - let's not forget that they are at their most incompetent when they think they aren't under scrutiny

We should comment bomb this tweet below where the CSA, Herdman and De Vos are tagged (No insults - just constructive feedback and asking for the November window)

This could be an effective way for us supporters to put pressure on the CSA. The more comments, the more they have to respond. We could come up with an # and try to have it trend somewhat.

CBC says JH is still holding out hope for Nov. camp in Europe for Euro based players  and Jan. camp for domestic talent.  Also CSA cancelled Cdn women camp in England (for this month ) on the advice of medical experts.

Edited by MtlMario

Just now, MtlMario said:

CBC says JH is still holding out hope for Nov. camp in Europe for Euro based players  and Jan. camp for domestic talent.  Also CSA cancelled Cdn women camp in England (for this month ) on the advice of medical experets.

Rolls eyes.

I guess we have the worlds best doctors and advanced experts since nobody else is being advised otherwise.

10 minutes ago, RS said:

Considering the spate of positive tests going around during this international break, perhaps our doctors are giving proper advice.

Yup.. had to be that Mexico Algeria tilt that did the trick. I saw a 93 yr old licking a guard rail in the stands

Besides if we can get few players to test positive it would be a great way to get some social media buzz. All the cool kids are doing it 

Edited by SpursFlu

15 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Am I the only one seeing the opportunity here? England... lets play England 

They were gonna play sucky New Zealand so why not play us?

You are def not the only one. We could run a poll and I'd be interested in how many actually said No.

4 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

You are def not the only one. We could run a poll and I'd be interested in how many actually said No.

England must be thinking the same. Davies of course but David got some buzz around the transfer window. I would think they'd like to make it as interesting to the public as possible. Hoilett, Arfield, Millar. We've got some familiar names. I would also think playing England might lure in some fence sitters, with no commitment. Thats decent exposure 

Edited by SpursFlu

19 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Yup.. had to be that Mexico Algeria tilt that did the trick. I saw a 93 yr old licking a guard rail in the stands

Besides if we can get few players to test positive it would be a great way to get some social media buzz. All the cool kids are doing it 

And if some 90 year old dies because of one of these cool kids passing it along, I hope they spend some time in jail - now that would be cool.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And if some 90 year old dies because of one of these cool kids passing it along, I hope they spend some time in jail - now that would be cool.

Your right, I feel terrible about myself. You sound very intelligent. When they pull that string in your back what else do you say?

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

CBC says JH is still holding out hope for Nov. camp in Europe for Euro based players  and Jan. camp for domestic talent.  Also CSA cancelled Cdn women camp in England (for this month ) on the advice of mEdICaL eXpErTs.

The best way for professional soccer players to prevent coronavirus is to stay at home.

Do not play. Do not leave your country. Do not leave your city. Do not leave your neighborhood. Do not leave your house. Do not leave your room. Do not move. You are safe now.

47 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

The real question is: Would the CSA arrange an ambulance jet for any of our players? That is the real story here. Ambulance Jets. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12928843/ronaldo-flying-italy-private-ambulance-plane-coronavirus/

Edited by Obinna

The reality is that the CSA has arranged and played one friendly in the past 2.5 years for Canada. Of course they're going to lean on COVID as an excuse to not play at this time. Do we really think they're going to suddenly play a friendly for the first time since 2018 when they have this built-in excuse?

I'm not here to argue the validity of the feasibility of playing during the pandemic. Just the fact that we never play friendlies.. so why now? 

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

What the fuck are you even talking about? It's like you constantly try to outdo your last idiotic COVID take with an even worse one the next time out.

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The reality is that the CSA has arranged and played one friendly in the past 2.5 years for Canada.

Is that the reality, though? I seem to remember Canada playing three friendlies earlier this year, with another two set for Victoria that were cancelled at the last minute.

Maybe I'm hallucinating.

12 minutes ago, RS said:

Is that the reality, though? I seem to remember Canada playing three friendlies earlier this year, with another two set for Victoria that were cancelled at the last minute.

Maybe I'm hallucinating.

Sorry - should have been clear "A" friendlies. As in during a FIFA window.

"Arranged and played" rules out the T&T friendlies. We have not played an "A" friendly during a window since March 2018.

7 minutes ago, RS said:

What the **** are you even talking about? It's like you constantly try to outdo your last idiotic COVID take with an even worse one the next time out.

Perhaps he is taking a dig at the media for fervently reporting on any player who tests positive for COVID 19. It certainly captures the attention of the pearl clutchers, but it is really growing tiresome for the rest of us. 

28 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The reality is that the CSA has arranged and played one friendly in the past 2.5 years for Canada. Of course they're going to lean on COVID as an excuse to not play at this time. Do we really think they're going to suddenly play a friendly for the first time since 2018 when they have this built-in excuse?

I'm not here to argue the validity of the feasibility of playing during the pandemic. Just the fact that we never play friendlies.. so why now? 

I get the impression the bureaucrats at the CSA do not have the same urgency to play as the technical staff. Herein lies the issue.

I do hope the men get the go ahead to play England though, that would be something!

Edited by Obinna

You have to also take into account that we had Nations League & Gold Cup, so no need to play friendlies for 2019. 

The issue for November is if CSA has the money and capabilities to organize testing since no help is seen from Concacaf.

And if player relations are going to sour if someone gets covid, which means missing club action and maybe not accepting invite next year. Sounders Peru player got covid and due to quarantine rules is likely to miss rest of MLS regular season. 

1 minute ago, red card said:

You have to also take into account that we had Nations League & Gold Cup, so no need to play friendlies for 2019. 

The issue for November is if CSA has the money and capabilities to organize testing since no help is seen from Concacaf.

And if player relations are going to sour if someone gets covid, which means missing club action and maybe not accepting invite next year. Sounders Peru player got covid and due to quarantine rules is likely to miss rest of MLS regular season. 

This seems like partially an MLS problem, because the other European leagues (from what I know) do not impose quarantine and presumably our players will not come from MLS.