Joel Waterman

nolando

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sorry for having a good sleep, great argument. 

Even when it comes to time zones you act like Toronto is on the Prime Meridian.

“Sorry for having a good sleep” 🤣🤣🤣

So should I pull up the multiple posts you wrote in other threads while you were having a good sleep?

Go ahead and insult my old profession again, or bring up your weird obsession with Toronto, it’ll really help your arguments stick.

Just now, jonovision said:

Waterman has had a good year, but I'd be very surprised by this move. What are they seeing that I'm not? He was an average to above-average MLS defender, and not a young player. 

The translation mentions he'd be very cheap and they like his ball-playing abilities and familiarity with a back 3.

It also mentions their targets are "fluffy" which is a hilarious translation.

Edited by VinceA

5 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Waterman has had a good year, but I'd be very surprised by this move. What are they seeing that I'm not? He was an average to above-average MLS defender, and not a young player. 

A lot of people were surprised he was the first CPL player to get picked up as well. Similar things were said then

9 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Could it be that they are looking at him to simply be a back-up / depth option?

1 hour ago, RS said:

So should I pull up the multiple posts you wrote in other threads while you were having a good sleep?

Go ahead and insult my old profession again, or bring up your weird obsession with Toronto, it’ll really help your arguments stick.

Just to add some fuel to the fire... 

It seems interesting that the claim is that RS is lying/misrepresenting information to make his point across, only for him to point out that UT misrepresented having a good sleep, vs posting.  

Arguments would be better if it wasnt personal and using facts, stats etc vs opinion only which we all have bias. 

5 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Just to add some fuel to the fire... 

It seems interesting that the claim is that RS is lying/misrepresenting information to make his point across, only for him to point out that UT misrepresented having a good sleep, vs posting.  

Arguments would be better if it wasnt personal and using facts, stats etc vs opinion only which we all have bias. 

I tried with that numbers-heavy post from yesterday. Then UT got personal so I responded in kind.

Let's move on.

Turkish league foreign player limit is set to become more stringent over the next couple of years, apparently: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/sports/turkish-football-federation-announces-changes-in-number-of-foreign-players/2262110#:~:text=The Turkish Football Federation (TFF,for the 2021-2022 season.

However that limit allows more foreigners than I remember, which I guess makes such a move more likely. I have liked Waterman a lot since I first saw him for Cavalry, but this rumour still surprises me. I don't know much about the current Fener squad but they are top of the table...

3 hours ago, RS said:

It's still Rudi whining because I took too long to answer his posts. I never thought you'd get such validation that way. You literally argued you were right because I hadn't answered your post fast enough!

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Turkish rumours wasted a bunch of our time this summer with the Larin salary debacle- pretty sure some site even said that AD was gonna get loaned to Besiktas at some point.

I don’t know if Waterman’s best move is staying in Montreal. We’ve lost Wanyama, Mihailovic, Kone, Johnston, Nancy, currently don’t have a single keeper, and there’s still a chance someone takes a flyer on Kamal Miller. If Waterman has offers abroad, now is the chance. If he’s the CB for one of the worst teams in MLS next year, his future prospects might be cooked.

12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Turkish rumours wasted a bunch of our time this summer with the Larin salary debacle- pretty sure some site even said that AD was gonna get loaned to Besiktas at some point.

I don’t know if Waterman’s best move is staying in Montreal. We’ve lost Wanyama, Mihailovic, Kone, Johnston, Nancy, currently don’t have a single keeper, and there’s still a chance someone takes a flyer on Kamal Miller. If Waterman has offers abroad, now is the chance. If he’s the CB for one of the worst teams in MLS next year, his future prospects might be cooked.

It was his whole time there that they wasted time. The only two things that happened were Zulte and Brugge and they didn’t even get those. 

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Good point. Safe to say the Montreal will be rebuilding next year.  Kudos to them for the season they had and the sales they made - but next year could be rough.  Better to get out while the prospects of a good transfer are there.