Owen Goodman - 2003 GK - Crystal Palace

Sigma78

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

He is on the right trajectory, he is the main u18 keeper for an established English Premier League team and has recently stepped up to the reserves and got a start. While he isn't a first teamer yet he has been involved with the England U18 set up too. Pretty hard to tell but he is on the right course..but so was Busti (who is still only 21!)

So what you're saying is that he's got Adam Street or Roberto Stillo potential?  Sweet!

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

Save is at 2:00, only save they showed in the video.

Wow! The Crystal Palace academy facilities are unrecognisable from when I used to regularly referee matches there between '17 and '19. They've clearly pumped a ton of money into building it up.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

https://t.co/43T1pXdIZi
just found this, posted on the 19th of july

TBF Ugbo said this exact thing like 2 weeks before he committed to us. And the actual quote the article is based around says like “I’ll play for whoever calls me but I’d love to play for nigeria”. I think for him, it’s a race for who caps him first. Not sure what Canada can offer him though, and we’re pretty jammed in nets, unless he were to have an absolute breakout season playing for Palace. 

18 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

TBF Ugbo said this exact thing like 2 weeks before he committed to us. And the actual quote the article is based around says like “I’ll play for whoever calls me but I’d love to play for nigeria”. I think for him, it’s a race for who caps him first. Not sure what Canada can offer him though, and we’re pretty jammed in nets, unless he were to have an absolute breakout season playing for Palace. 

Palace fan here... yeah he'll have a tough go at it for first team minutes this year. Three quality keepers ahead of him: 

1. Guaita
2. Johnstone
3. Butland

Though I have heard Butland apparently broke his hand in training a few days ago and will be out for a while, meaning he would be third on the depth chart for now. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

38 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Palace fan here... yeah he'll have a tough go at it for first team minutes this year. Three quality keepers ahead of him: 

1. Guaita
2. Johnstone
3. Butland

Though I have heard Butland apparently broke his hand in training a few days ago and will be out for a while, meaning he would be third on the depth chart for now. 

That’s good insight. Yeah my impression is Goodman is one for the future for them. I think it would be hard to make a case for Herdman to get him into our plans any time soon unless something catastrophic happens at Palace and he starts playing a ton of games, or goes on loan to another good team.

Nigeria’s keepers who they’ve called up in the last year play in Israel, Nigeria, South Africa, Cyprus, and one plays for Sparta Rotterdam so unfortunately it seems like he’s going to have a much better chance at cracking their team than ours.

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

That’s good insight. Yeah my impression is Goodman is one for the future for them. I think it would be hard to make a case for Herdman to get him into our plans any time soon unless something catastrophic happens at Palace and he starts playing a ton of games, or goes on loan to another good team.

Nigeria’s keepers who they’ve called up in the last year play in Israel, Nigeria, South Africa, Cyprus, and one plays for Sparta Rotterdam so unfortunately it seems like he’s going to have a much better chance at cracking their team than ours.

Yeah hope he can somehow crack some 1st team minutes. A Canadian player at Palace would be awesome 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 1:10 AM, VinceA said:

Oh nvm then.

On 10/18/2022 at 11:58 PM, MauditYvon said:

He’s born in Ontario…

On 10/18/2022 at 11:58 PM, MauditYvon said:

He’s born in Ontario…

No he wasn’t Owen was born in Essex, UK