Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

5 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Yes. That's right. You ARE embarrassing yourself (assuming that you have capacity for shame) and need to take a break.

If you want to shit on one of our young players, at least have the decency to offer an actual alternative who's better and available for this tournament. Otherwise, you're just some knobhead on the internet crying just to make a spectacle of yourself.

I’m not shitting on any player I’m just stating the fact a we are picking a player that has not played a competitive game since 2019, when I’m sure they are players who could have been picked ahead of him who have played major minutes even in the CPL . Again the name calling , “knobhead” and telling me I’m making a spectacle of myself , “assuming I have the capacity for shame “ . It’s easy in 2021 and sit there eh and say this crap to someone it’s very safe eh!

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Awesome appreciate the information.

thanks again Corbeanu, I had a feeling a few of those guys from the Toronto area knew each other and it would lead to some players showing up that otherwise wouldn’t have.

id imagine last minute Corbeanu got called to the senior team.

I figured that a call to the senior team wasn’t far, I’d imagine it will be to a camp first before a decision is made. 

I hope and think he will play, reality is we don’t have any 10#’s period. I’m sure this camp will go a long way in showing what we have to offer and shaping his decision, when you get the chance let us know what he thought of the caliber of our players and the opponents, vs what is in Portugal. I’m very curious to see if he’s impressed or blown away etc. More so given were missing real quality.

the reality is that he is Portuguese, I don’t think anyone can debate that. He’s spent how much time there ? Was born there right ? I think we’re all happy that he’s willing to show up and play. Flores could have done so if it didn’t require a stint, this is a great trial chance for him. No one loses here even if he ultimately doesn’t come back.

he’s no Davies that’s true, but I know there’s some pretty big hype to him. Very exited to see him.

agreed with your last point and finally, players are willing to explore the program earlier, there is a time when a youth dual would never have shown up for a camp let alone play for us in a tournament. Part of the recruiting is getting kids there and given that both he and Flores were willing to see what we have, I’m thrilled. 

Imagine Corbeanu was always going to play senior, I'm sure that was the pitch to get him to commit.  Romania U21 are in the Euro's, he could have potentially been with them.  Not sure Wolves would even release him if he was just going to Olympic Qualifying given the quarantine measures.  Had heard this last week and mentioned it here too.

2 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

I’m not shitting on any player I’m just stating the fact a we are picking a player that has not played a competitive game since 2019, when I’m sure they are players who could have been picked ahead of him who have played major minutes even in the CPL . Again the name calling , “knobhead” and telling me I’m making a spectacle of myself , “assuming I have the capacity for shame “ . It’s easy in 2021 and sit there eh and say this crap to someone it’s very safe eh!

Go ahead and name them, then. At least then, whether I agree with your opinion, or not, I'll be able to respect that you've backed up your moaning. Otherwise, you're utterly irrelevant. 

And don't for a second doubt that I'd have no problem saying anything that I've typed in this thread directly to your face.

4 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

I get the criticism and its not ideal but we all follow the player pool pretty closely and I can't think of anyone once you take out H. Paton, Fraser, Okello, Priso, and Shome who is age eligible and I'd clearly put ahead of DNJ.  Hojabrpour, Simmons, maybe, I'd still take Norman for this role over either

In the spirit of not discouraging anyone on this forum from expressing their views (cause that's the point of a public forum no? And ultimately we are all here for the same reason no? a game), just want to casually remind everyone that it is possible to disagree and still be civil/mature about it... plus I have no popcorn

Edited by LeoH037

52 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

He’s been on their bench, he’s more of their 3rd goalie. He’s training against Serie A players every day. I’m sorry I’ll take that over CPL players any day 

Pantemis is an MLS backup, and Breza is absolutely not their 3rd goalie. Skorupski, da Costa and Ravaglia are all firmly ahead of him. He wouldn't start in Serie B.

Midfield options - Diego Gutiérrez, Noah Verhoeven, Simon Colyn,Matthew Baldisimo, Thomas Gardner, Elliot Simmons, Damiano Pecile, Max Ferrari, Sean Young,Benson Fazili, Nikolas Korzeniecki, Alessandro Hojabrpour

so here a list of options - hope it helps, let the stupid fighting continue hahaha 

1 minute ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

I get the criticism and its not ideal but we all follow the player pool pretty closely and I can't think of anyone once you take out H. Paton, Fraser, Okello, Priso, and Shome who is age eligible and I'd clearly put ahead of DNJ.  Hojabrpour, Simmons, maybe, I'd still take Norman for this role over either

5 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Go ahead and name them, then. At least then, whether I agree with your opinion, or not, I'll be able to respect that you've backed up your moaning. Otherwise, you're utterly irrelevant. 

And don't for a second doubt that I'd have no problem saying anything that I've typed in this thread directly t

6 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

And don't for a second doubt that I'd have no problem saying anything that I've typed in this thread directly to your face.

9 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Well if your in the Toronto area , the next time the Nats play at BMO field and spectators are allowed I’ll be more than happy meeting up at the game so to give you a chance to say everything you typed exactly to my face only after you buy me a beer though.

9 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Midfield options - Diego Gutiérrez, Noah Verhoeven, Simon Colyn,Matthew Baldisimo, Thomas Gardner, Elliot Simmons, Damiano Pecile, Max Ferrari, Sean Young,Benson Fazili, Nikolas Korzeniecki, Alessandro Hojabrpour

so here a list of options - hope it helps, let the stupid fighting continue hahaha 

How many defensive midfielders are on that list?  M.Baldisimo?  He's the only one I might consider for the role Norman will likely be asked to play, that of a physical defensive presence next to Baldi and possibly Dias in the midfield

2 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

How many defensive midfielders are on that list?  M.Baldisimo?  He's the only one I might consider for the role Norman will likely be asked to play, that of a physical defensive presence next to Baldi and possibly Dias in the midfield

Hey people we’re complaining about options so I easy put 5 min list together. So everyone can continue this stupid fight over midfielders, specially when we know that if TFC and Ross allowed their players to go The midfield would look totally different. I can’t blame CSA and coaching staff for that.

2 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Metcalfe is a d-mid. In fact when watching him play for Vancouver this past year he seemed unable to  make a forward pass, so very defensive minded. Hopefully that won't be the case in this tourney as Baldisimo doesn't seem to always go the full 90 minutes.

Frankly the cause for optimism is that the team may gel by the team we have to face the two big boys in the other group in the semis. I agree with the sentiments in this thread that the rosters are too small so glad that there are some other players travelling with the named roster from the sounds of it.

8 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

CF8CED70-AD19-412C-911B-81A8B5B458B2.jpeg

39C413DB-E6F0-49B9-BD6E-F89CAF792BDA.jpeg

Ravaglia was described as Skorupski's 'understudy' or something like that, when they both went out. He's made an appearance, Breza hasn't. He's getting loans, Breza's not. If the other 2 got injured, Ravaglia would play. I hate to say it, but Breza being there doesn't make a whole lot of sense without Saputo.

22 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Pantemis is an MLS backup, and Breza is absolutely not their 3rd goalie. Skorupski, da Costa and Ravaglia are all firmly ahead of him. He wouldn't start in Serie B.

You never know. The coaches seem to really love Pantemis. He has been getting senior team calls since 2017 under OZ. 

He has in fact been getting senior team call-ups for as long as Davies has! :D

I bet he starts at least one of the 3 group stage games.

really strong squad..a lot of players who last year got or about to get regular minutes in mls..godinho with two starts in feb in 3. liga..twardek three starts in the last month in ekstraklasa..daniels was a starter in uslc with very strong performances..now its up to the players to perform and the coach to get the lineups tactics and subs right..LETS GOOO

9 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Hey people we’re complaining about options so I easy put 5 min list together. So everyone can continue this stupid fight over midfielders, specially when we know that if TFC and Ross allowed their players to go The midfield would look totally different. I can’t blame CSA and coaching staff for that.

Its a hell of a list and you've always brought a lot of good prospects forward (one of the first to mention Dias if I remember right).  My point was just about Norman's role.  

I agree - this is only a talking point because of those TFC MFs missing.

9 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Metcalfe is a d-mid. In fact when watching him play for Vancouver this past year he seemed unable to  make a forward pass, so very defensive minded. Hopefully that won't be the case in this tourney as Baldisimo doesn't seem to always go the full 90 minutes.

Frankly the cause for optimism is that the team may gel by the team we have to face the two big boys in the other group in the semis. I agree with the sentiments in this thread that the rosters are too small so glad that there are some other players travelling with the named roster from the sounds of it.

Interesting to know what others see in players....

My observation is that he is uncomfortable playing forward is because the level of MLS play is a little high for him, not because he is a true 6. 

Would be interested to hear what others think.

13 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

In that case Norman at least has more 2 way capabilities

2 minutes ago, red card said:

Looks like TMG & Norman were selected over others because Biello had worked with them before and they have previous international experience. Lack of activity hurt selecting other CPL players.

Bizarre justification in light of the fact that he did call Norman who has been more inactive than anyone from a CPL roster last year, esp Forge