Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

18 minutes ago, VinceA said:

At least for the likes of Priso, Nelson, and Peruzza they're all eligible for 2024, which is shaping up quite nicely.

Lol who the hell cares right now about 2024 , it’s always don’t worry the next cycle we will be amazing lol , same shit different cycle, unfortunately this is a very very weak squad but it’s Canada soccer why am I not surprised!

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

If all are released we should win that one. Rutty may be there aswell, but 2024 we look stacked everywhere.

Your definitives crack me up brother. Will we qualify for WC2022?
Players never pan out, guys who aren't on the radar right now will appear...

However with the CPL, we'll definitely be in a good position. 

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

This is the part that is tough to take. Thomas Muller got Covid while Bayern were at the World Club Cup, they didn't tell the rest of the teams or their players "Right, that's it, we're all going into lockdown for next two weeks, so wait until then please to play the final", the rest of the team went on without him (and won). Yet here, 3 people in the TFC "team delegation" tested positive for COVID and now the whole team is apparently in quarantine for two weeks? This seems over-protective (of either the club or the government) and/or convenient (although if TFC are forfeiting the V-Cup because they can't field a team, I'll withdraw the convenient comment.)

Yeah without derailing, too late. I derailed.. Quite the turnaround. Looked like Forge would be conceding the tie, now it might be TFC. Forge will be sitting there right now saying "7/8 sessions yes no problem, we committed to the date and will take it. No TFC. Too bad." Anyways a conversation for another thread!

I'm sure it can all be rationalized away with common sense and "facts" but with the Can Champ and now with this I just can't help shake this Fuck TFC feeling that's been brewing.  Rollins with his "ladeedaa well TFC didn't invent Covid" bullshit just makes the fire burn hotter. 

Edited by grigorio

2 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Lol who the hell cares right now about 2024 , it’s always don’t worry the next cycle we will be amazing lol , same shit different cycle, unfortunately this is a very very weak squad but it’s Canada soccer why am I not surprised!

Of all the things to blame Canada Soccer for, and there are a lot, this ain't it.

1 minute ago, SoccMan said:

This squad is, pound for pound, better than the last two U23 squads put out at this tournament.  And both those teams finished 4th.

I'm looking forward to this.  The defence is solid, the forwards are good and the middle will be just fine.  While Norman and Metcalfe have serious Gagnon-Lepare/Beaulieu-Bourgault vibes and I could take them or leave them, y'all are sleeping on Daniels.  He's a gamer.  He'll be fine.

Play a 4-3-3 and it'll be good.

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

Your definitives crack me up brother. Will we qualify for WC2022?
Players never pan out, guys who aren't on the radar right now will appear...

However with the CPL, we'll definitely be in a good position. 

We will.

you defeated your own point, of course more will appear and some won’t pan out. But the 2001-2004 group has more potential than this one.

5 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

This is the part that is tough to take. Thomas Muller got Covid while Bayern were at the World Club Cup, they didn't tell the rest of the teams or their players "Right, that's it, we're all going into lockdown for next two weeks, so wait until then please to play the final", the rest of the team went on without him (and won). Yet here, 3 people in the TFC "team delegation" tested positive for COVID and now the whole team is apparently in quarantine for two weeks? This seems over-protective (of either the club or the government) and/or convenient (although if TFC are forfeiting the V-Cup because they can't field a team, I'll withdraw the convenient comment.)

It would be convenient if TFC was still training and playing. By all accounts, they've completely shut down camp since Friday and are working with public health to figure out the next steps.

2 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Lol 2024 we had a chance now but hey guys don’t worry 2024 , I feel so much better now !

It’s sucks but the core of our team and most of the top players were eligible for 2024 aswell, it was more of a case of who wasn’t.

11 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I’m not really too concerned about Olympic qualifying either way and never thought we had much of a chance. The scarier thing to me is that this suggests guys like Sturring and Corbeanu will be called into the senior team ??

Someone had mentioned Corbeanu being in with the CMNT rather than the Olympic squad upon Herdmans request to acclimatize to the program, shame, had he got out to the January camp things might have been different, so probably not a huge shock. 

Sturing probabably isn't a surprise either given the current CB situation. Kennedy and Vitoria injured, Henry not playing and possibly unable to travel, then Ferreira surely being nowhere near ready. Where are we going next? He obviously impressed in the January camp. Maybe we see him Waterman and Miller and possibly Halbouni because this seems even more odd he wasn't on the olympic provisional after he was called to CMNT in January. 

Just now, Dominic94 said:

It’s sucks but the core of our team and most of the top players were eligible for 2024 aswell, it was more of a case of who wasn’t.

The players were there to make a push and qualify but unfortunately with this squad to me is  no better or worse then our previous Olympic qualifying teams that failed and that’s a shame .

6 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

This squad is, pound for pound, better than the last two U23 squads put out at this tournament.  And both those teams finished 4th.

I'm looking forward to this.  The defence is solid, the forwards are good and the middle will be just fine.  While Norman and Metcalfe have serious Gagnon-Lepare/Beaulieu-Bourgault vibes and I could take them or leave them, y'all are sleeping on Daniels.  He's a gamer.  He'll be fine.

Play a 4-3-3 and it'll be good.

Also have to look at the degrees players are known and used to both each other and Biello. 

Daniels has been in the system. Norman, Baldi and Metcalfe have grown up playing together and will be obviously familiar with Raposo/Bair/Cornelius. 

Lots of the players are used to the CMNT system implemented by Biello and Herdman. There is still lots to like in this squad but we need everyone to majorly step up. 

25 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I’m not really too concerned about Olympic qualifying either way and never thought we had much of a chance. The scarier thing to me is that this suggests guys like Sturring and Corbeanu will be called into the senior team ??

Sturing over Cornelius at the senior team doesn’t make sense to me at all.  

21 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

This is a very valid point.

Is it a club protocol or league protocol, I wonder?

You know what.. I kinda don't care... im just excited to watch Canada play soccer.. but let me take a stab at this 

Noguira

ZBG   Cornelius  TMG   Godinho

Norman   Baldisimo 

Dias

Tabla                            Brym

Bair

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

This is a very valid point.

Is it a club protocol or league protocol, I wonder?

Provincial protocol dictates that everyone who has been in direct contact with someone who tests positive will have to self-isolate for up to two weeks (or upon receipt of a negative test).

That's just for regular people, though. Not sure what it is for pro teams that have earned training exemptions.