Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

At the risk of being called rude names, for wanting to know when to tune into OneSoccer to watch the game ... (and when not to book any meetings!)

Do we know the kickoff time? I've looked in several sources, but kickoff seems to be all over the place.

The CONCACAF website says 6 pm, and they show the times in the time zone of the browser, so that would be 6 PM EDT or 3 PM PDT.  Or 4 PM CST in Mexico.

But ESPN says it's 3:30 PM ET - presumably EDT, which would be 1:30 PM CST in Mexico.

Wikipedia also says it's 1:30 PM CST - same as ESPN - but then they reference CONCACAF.

As I look at the rest of the schedule, it seems even more confusing ...

Edited by nfitz

35 minutes ago, nfitz said:

At the risk of being called rude names, for wanting to know when to tune into OneSoccer to watch the game ... (and when not to book any meetings!)

Do we know the kickoff time? I've looked in several sources, but kickoff seems to be all over the place.

The CONCACAF website says 6 pm, and they show the times in the time zone of the browser, so that would be 6 PM EDT or 3 PM PDT.  Or 4 PM CST in Mexico.

But ESPN says it's 3:30 PM ET - presumably EDT, which would be 1:30 PM CST in Mexico.

Wikipedia also says it's 1:30 PM CST - same as ESPN - but then they reference CONCACAF.

As I look at the rest of the schedule, it seems even more confusing ...

Google says 7:00 ET. 

Just type in “Concacaf Olympic qualifiers” and you’ll get the full schedule, in your local time zone 

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Google says 7:00 ET. 

Just type in “Concacaf Olympic qualifiers” and you’ll get the full schedule, in your local time zone 

Gosh that's different than all the other sources!

Oh cool, I can do the same thing with "CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers"
image.png.31e4184550a66e0b8927d1d0eff46e02.pngimage.png.cbceb2bb623986987e3ac631939f4e51.png
Hmm ... I'm wondering if Google hasn't accounted for the time-change on Sunday.

Edited by nfitz

Just now, nfitz said:

Gosh that's different than all the other sources!

Oh cool, I can do the same thing with "CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers"
image.png.31e4184550a66e0b8927d1d0eff46e02.png
Hmm ... I'm wondering if Google hasn't accounted for the time-change on Sunday.

Google always accounts for the time change. Just search any of the European leagues for confirmation.

(That’s not to say that someone there didn’t enter the info incorrectly initially.)

8 minutes ago, RS said:

Others are. I’m not.

Nor am I ... I'm literally trying to put the upcoming games in my calendar, so I don't miss them or schedule something else. Because there's no way to watch things an hour late on One Soccer, and I won't survive the spoilers if I wait until the next day.

13 minutes ago, RS said:

Google always accounts for the time change. Just search any of the European leagues for confirmation.

Confirmed - they show all the 1:05 pm Blue Jays starts for spring training correctly next week.

I hadn't realized they had entire schedules in there ... I've only ever googled the same day before.

Edited by nfitz

Just now, nfitz said:

Nor am I ... I'm literally trying to put the upcoming games in my calendar, so I don't miss them or schedule something else. Because there's no way to watch things an hour late on One Soccer!

It’s unfortunate that it’s not an option.

I suppose the best bet is to check the OS schedule next week for confirmation of kickoff time.

19 minutes ago, RS said:

I suppose the best bet is to check the OS schedule next week for confirmation of kickoff time.

I find their schedule - difficult. Is there a good source? Roku doesn't even show times on upcoming events and the schedule often seems to be missing events.

Oh, I was watching One Soccer Today. Looks like 6 pm
image.png.96cd5f2286399154171c68ab55cb2997.png

1 minute ago, RS said:

I just checked the schedule on the OneSoccer app. It lists kickoff for the first game as 7:03PM (I’m in ET so I’m assuming it adjusts to the users time zone).

Oh dear. I guess we better keep our eyes on this ...

Edited by nfitz

Have we ever had a youth National Team coach with pro team coaching experience? Biello seemed to able to get the most out of his players, Dominic Oduro was never a great player, but was very effective under Biello, also his teams next sat back on 1-0, 2-0 leads, they continued to attack, nothing more frustrating then a team going into a defensive shell after taking the lead and then conceding a few goals.

5 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Have we ever had a youth National Team coach with pro team coaching experience? Biello seemed to able to get the most out of his players, Dominic Oduro was never a great player, but was very effective under Biello, also his teams next sat back on 1-0, 2-0 leads, they continued to attack, nothing more frustrating then a team going into a defensive shell after taking the lead and then conceding a few goals.

I wish he was our men’s coach and not Johnny boy, pathetic.

21 minutes ago, narduch said:

A lot of the morons who think covid is a hoax. The rest are watching pseudo science vids on YouTube.

I'm not a moron and I think its a hoax. You can be rude as you like but trust me  I'm not alone. I guess the real challenge is for us to not hate each other since we occupy the same communities and have shared interests 

Edited by SpursFlu

5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm not a moron and I think its a hoax. You can be rude as you like but trust me  I'm not alone. I guess the real challenge is for us to not hate each other since we occupy the same communities and have shared interests 

Lol it's a hoax just incredible garbage I’ve been home from work the past few weeks tested positive two weeks ago, thank God only mild symptoms and I think I’m basically over it now, both my 81 year old mom and 82 year old dad got it too , my sister and both her husband and son got it too but all have more or less recovered. I blame ourselves because we got together one night all of us to celebrate my dads birthday and my sister unfortunately was most likely the one who had it , she found out a few days later that 5 people at her work had tested positive, she went to get tested and unfortunately she was positive and then we all when to get tested and the rest is history. We were very lucky all of us and it could have gone a lot worse but thank God it looks like we may all have dodged a bullet . But yes it’s definitely a hoax I should have just gone too work so to should have my sister her husband and son instead of quarantine because it’s a hoax right.

10 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Lol it's a hoax just incredible garbage I’ve been home from work the past few weeks tested positive two weeks ago, thank God only mild symptoms and I think I’m basically over it now, both my 81 year old mom and 82 year old dad got it too , my sister and both her husband and son got it too but all have more or less recovered. I blame ourselves because we got together one night all of us to celebrate my dads birthday and my sister unfortunately was most likely the one who had it , she found out a few days later that 5 people at her work had tested positive, she went to get tested and unfortunately she was positive and then we all when to get tested and the rest is history. We were very lucky all of us and it could have gone a lot worse but thank God it looks like we may all have dodged a bullet . But yes it’s definitely a hoax I should have just gone too work so to should have my sister her husband and son instead of quarantine because it’s a hoax right.

Yah.. the point is your fine

You didn't dodge a bullet  you got hit with a nerf ball

Edited by SpursFlu

30 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Tell that to my friend's family, I played hockey for 25 years with him, he got it at a family Christmas party and died in the hospital I retired from 2 years ago, it's a hoax alright!