The Road to Qatar.

Binky

1 hour ago, canuckgbp said:

We wouldn’t play anyone in a friendly that we’ve been drawn into the same World Cup Group with, right?

Expecting these types of decisions to be made after the draw… 2022 is going to be one heck of a year.

Edited by Lurker

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Only suspensions carry I think.

Yellows carrying would be weird

Yes spot on.  Yellow cards clear in Qatar.  If you picked up a second in the Panama game, it would mean you have a red card and would keep you out of the opening game.  We’ll have clinched by then so it would make sense to sit anyone with a yellow going in

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Costa Rica away in March is going to be a terribly tough match. Because we'll need a point to classify still, now that Panama is losing to Mexico. 

If results hold we're eight points clear with nine points available. We simply will need Panama to fail to win one of their matches, or us to get two points. And there'll be three games to do that. 

That first game will be really hard because they will like their chances of moving to fourth.  I reckon it will be our toughest match to date.

3 minutes ago, RJB said:

If results hold we're eight points clear with nine points available. We simply will need Panama to fail to win one of their matches, or us to get two points. And there'll be three games to do that. 

That first game will be really hard because they will like their chances of moving to fourth.  I reckon it will be our toughest match to date.

Agreed. Whats the conditions in Costa Rica? I feel like when I think of hostile environments in Central Americas I think of Honduras, El Salvador, Panama etc. Is Costa Rica atleast less hostile? (if that even possible) lol

Just now, canadasoccer20 said:

Agreed. Whats the conditions in Costa Rica? I feel like when I think of hostile environments in Central Americas I think of Honduras, El Salvador, Panama etc. Is Costa Rica atleast less hostile? (if that even possible) lol

I lived in San Jose, CR about 10 years ago. Definitely less hostile than the aforementioned countries.

• Admin locked this topic