Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

17 hours ago, Obinna said:

I'm starting to think the only thing that was injured last Saturday was JMR's feelings lol

Seeing how fast the kids were getting benched the past years, and got so few opportunities, i'm not surprised he was gutted from thinking it might be a while until he got his next shot.  The TFC kids are scarred from the crap they've had to endure since the Vanney days. 

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Seeing how fast the kids were getting benched the past years, and got so few opportunities, i'm not surprised he was gutted from thinking it might be a while until he got his next shot.  The TFC kids are scarred from the crap they've had to endure since the Vanney days. 

This was kinda my guess (hope) when I saw it happen in real time -- kid thinks that any injury kills his chances at regular starting time and with it, any chance at an international call up, big money move, etc. Melodramatic of course, but not so far fetched for a 17 year old. ETA: I don't agree with the Vanney conspiracy part, just the frustation at injury delaying things part.

I don't like him at full back so far, but TFC played with a back 3/5 and wing backs last match which is better for him. The back 3/5 suits TFC much better any way you think about it.

18 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I don't like him at full back so far, but TFC played with a back 3/5 and wing backs last match which is better for him. The back 3/5 suits TFC much better any way you think about it.

10000% this. 

I hate him in the RB position as he could be more effective doing what he does back there higher up. 
It make's no sense. From the past 3 games, I really see his 1v1 abilities.

52 minutes ago, costarg said:

I don't know, I don't really buy that theory. This kid was just sent to Liverpool (and other big clubs) to train in the offseason, as a 17 year old Canadian. Everyone and their dog are projecting him to move to Europe soon. He's been highly touted as one of the best North American prospects in his age cohort for some time now. Rutty, of all players at the club, shouldn't be concerned about having to wait for his next shot. If he's healthy he's going to play, plain and simple. 

What makes sense to me was that he was frustrated at the prospect of an injury keeping him out long term. Fortunately that's not the case.  

18 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I don't know, I don't really buy that theory. This kid was just sent to Liverpool (and other big clubs) to train in the offseason, as a 17 year old Canadian. Everyone and their dog are projecting him to move to Europe soon. He's been highly touted as one of the best North American prospects in his age cohort for some time now. Rutty, of all players at the club, shouldn't be concerned about having to wait for his next shot. If he's healthy he's going to play, plain and simple. 

What makes sense to me was that he was frustrated at the prospect of an injury keeping him out long term. Fortunately that's not the case.  

Agreed. 

Some people on here are projecting the board's feelings about Vanney onto JMR.

40 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Hmmm, projecting....the kid thought he blew his knee and he was FREAKED, right when things seem so bright for him.  Seems normal to me.   Now projecting Vanney/Delgado/Zavaletta hate...onto LA, that I can get behind.    

Yes, projecting.

Freaking about your knee has nothing to do with playing time under Vanney. Relating those two things is the projection. 

• 2 weeks later...