Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

5 hours ago, El Diego said:

Adam Pearlman is not a name I am familiar with, but I think someone has the info incorrect (could be me)? If we are talking about the 2019 u15 USSDA championship, I don't think Pearlman was really a part of that. The USSDA site shows him playing one game for the u15 team in 2018-19: http://tfc.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=7536956. I know that stats for these types of things can be spotty, however. It's also possible we are talking about different things of course, but for the finals I believe Accettola was the captain and the centre back pairing was Markus Pusztahegyi and Michael Shannon. For reference I am talking about this match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0IzFPyq8_8&t=5741s (I have linked it before in other threads, if anyone is interested in TFC/Canadian prospects it's a fun match to watch).

Gordon was a younger guy who appeared to have a versatile role, playing DC, DR, and DM for the u15s. He was noticeably more athletic despite being younger. Hopefully that translates to the next level(s).

Great catch!  I got my USSDA seasons mixed up.  Pearlman was the captain of the u15 TFC Academy for the 2019-2020 season. 

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Kamron Habibullah from Vancouver is a star, hoping this is the year VWFC make use of what they have.  Has been training with the first team for two years now, maybe after Simon they chose to slow down in promoting him.  Not the size, power or athleticism like Davies or Marshall-Rutty, but skill/ability on the ball is unlike anything you see from players from this part of the world.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJNJP7ZFy0h/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHd942TBYOb/

His signing is supposed to be imminent and he’s got interest from the Can PL, Europe and the Whitecaps.

5 hours ago, Grandbloke said:

Jean-Aniel Assi is just as good.

Late in a champions league match, needing a goal to avoid elimination, his coach opted to sub him in. Either Henry didn't care about advancing or he really rates this kid. I was expecting that he would get a good look in Montreal this year. Hopefully the coaching change doesn't alter that.

8 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I know he’s still young and developing, but how explosive is he?

I was watching his videos and he seems more of a nifty player than world class athlete like Davies.  Is he more of a skill than speed guy then, or is he just growing into his body still?

Good question, he looks very very raw physically, he’s probably going to fall into the technically gifted category, and maybe not a physically strong type.

2 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I know he’s still young and developing, but how explosive is he?

I was watching his videos and he seems more of a nifty player than world class athlete like Davies.  Is he more of a skill than speed guy then, or is he just growing into his body still?

Not many people have the raw athleticism Davies has (genuinely believe Davies could have thrived at any sport he had fallen in love with), so perhaps not a good bar to compare him against

16 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Not many people have the raw athleticism Davies has (genuinely believe Davies could have thrived at any sport he had fallen in love with), so perhaps not a good bar to compare him against

Great point. He’s a physical specimen.

The little I’ve seen of JMR - he’s not looked like a Copeland for example. His iq for the game  allows him to not be in those positions where his physical attributes would be put on display/to the test. 

I can see how Armas is essentially echoing what Vanney said. The reality like @Dominic94 said, these kids gotta play.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, red card said:

Bill Manning likes JMR and it looks like limited signings this off-season means the kids will get a chance.

Other than signing a DP, this is what I hoped would happen this year (obviously). With Vanney out I’m a bit more confident in it happening but we’ll see. 

Reading those quotes tells me there is something real here.   A lot of times you have to read carefully what the coaches and management are saying about a young player.  Too often there is a lot of clamouring here about how this guy or that guy should be playing more.  But these guys have seen these players much more than anybody else and more importantly, they have a frame of reference that doesnt exist here.   No offence to anybody.   I dont think i have seen those kind of words attributed to any other TFC players (of the past)  who have come through the system.  

i have learned and conditioned myself to not pay too much attention To the excessive hype that can occur here around a youn player.   And i think i know how to read properly between the lines what a coach says about a kid.  This one sound different than the others.

Edited by Free kick

22 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Reading those quotes tells me there is something real here.   A lot of times you have to read carefully what the coaches and management are saying about a young player.  Too often there is a lot of clamouring here about how this guy or that guy should be playing more.  But these guys have seen these players much more than anybody else and more importantly, they have a frame of reference that doesnt exist here.   No offence to anybody.   I dont think i have seen those kind of words attributed to any other TFC players (of the past)  who have come through the system.  

i have learned and conditioned myself to not pay too much attention To the excessive hype that can occur here around a youn player.   And i think i know how to read properly between the lines what a coach says about a kid.  This one sound different than the others.

Honestly, there is only one Canadian kid in recent history who had this kind of expectation building around him at this age, and that turned out fairly well.  

44 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Agreed, he will be given every chance to succeed and they’ve been talking about him since they signed him. He is almost the reason they transitioned to PLK. I don’t think we’ll see them go back ever, they’re about to see how much talent lies in their area and how much they can make selling. Imagine if Dias and Flores stayed and become top prospects and players through TFC and were sold for 10M +... 

Rutty’s hype was behind Davies for a bit but it seems at 16 it’s higher.