Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Agreed, he will be given every chance to succeed and they’ve been talking about him since they signed him. He is almost the reason they transitioned to PLK. I don’t think we’ll see them go back ever, they’re about to see how much talent lies in their area and how much they can make selling. Imagine if Dias and Flores stayed and become top prospects and players through TFC and were sold for 10M +... 

Rutty’s hype was behind Davies for a bit but it seems at 16 it’s higher.

Yeah, except that time Davies scored in the CONCACAF Champions League and won the Golden Boot at the Gold Cup at 16.

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

Yeah, except that time Davies scored in the CONCACAF Champions League and won the Golden Boot at the Gold Cup at 16.

Amazing moment, I made the bold claim he could start in MLS at 16 for any team and was ridiculed. Pretty sure I was right.

I don’t expect Rutty to do the same at 16, but I do his rise could be similar and that we could see him there starting in July.

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I was lucky enough to be back home visiting and was at that CCL match against RBNY. I had just reached the top of the stairs into our section when Phonz scored. My mates were a minute behind me in the beer line and missed it. I think he scored in the first 2-3 minutes of that game. It was the first time that I'd seen either Phonz or Kekuteh Manneh live and I told my mates that Davies was going to be incredible, and that Manneh was too stupid to ever be a top player, based on that one game. I'm comfortable with how my prediction has panned out.

It's encouraging to see these nice words, and I agree with the earlier comment about reading between the lines and he does seem more hyped than previous Toronto prospects. But, the caution would be that it's still TFC guys that are doing the hyping. If we see outsiders start hyping him as well, that's a better indication. Teams that want him, or teams that have played against him. I do hope to see him at the Gold Cup, and ideally on the field for TFC. I'm more interested in seeing what he can do on the field rather than hype from people that stand to gain if others think he is good.

44 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

It's a real shame about the TFC COVID outbreak... the OQC would have been an amazing coming out party for JMR. He was already deprived of the U17 Championship. 

He may well be the the prospect he is touted.  And i have reason to believe what they are saying.  
But the Olympic tournament is tournament for 22 year olds.  So it doesnt mean he would have had the same impact as far less hearalded player who happens to be six years older and has pro experience.  it even took Davies a little bit of time to acclimatise himself as pro.  Though his learning curve was very steep.  

As for the U17 event, yes,  thats where i would have loved to have seen him.

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, Kent said:

It's encouraging to see these nice words, and I agree with the earlier comment about reading between the lines and he does seem more hyped than previous Toronto prospects. But, the caution would be that it's still TFC guys that are doing the hyping. If we see outsiders start hyping him as well, that's a better indication. Teams that want him, or teams that have played against him. I do hope to see him at the Gold Cup, and ideally on the field for TFC. I'm more interested in seeing what he can do on the field rather than hype from people that stand to gain if others think he is good.

Most of the earliest praise came from American soccer writers who saw him tear up the USDA with tfc academy. 

25 minutes ago, ghostknownunknown said:

Most of the earliest praise came from American soccer writers who saw him tear up the USDA with tfc academy. 

Any links you can share? The only thing I saw was the TFC GM (Curtis I think his name is) mention him being the best or one of the best in CONCACAF in his age group. Then I saw a lot of people seemingly repeating that. I'd love to read something from others if you have it handy.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Any links you can share? The only thing I saw was the TFC GM (Curtis I think his name is) mention him being the best or one of the best in CONCACAF in his age group. Then I saw a lot of people seemingly repeating that. I'd love to read something from others if you have it handy.

Bayern, Man City and Juve look for Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty, the new Alphonso Davies of the MLS | Football24 News English

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Thanks.  The link actually names clubs who are interested.   Now i dont know anything about that that site or how credible it is.    On the surface it doesnt sound a rumour rag.  
But when i hear about overseas interest,  thats what i want to hear;  what clubs are interested.  I could care less about someone saying: “there is interest from european clubs” over a player.   I am interested i who those clubs are.

Yeah, it lists clubs, it also only has one quote which is the one I mentioned always gets thrown around, and it also says Jahkeele is 2 years older than he actually is. But it at least reminded me that I've heard those teams mentioned around him before. Hard to know what that means. I mean, is he the next Caniggia Elva? Hoping for the best, and would love to see him play. Did he even get to play any soccer last year? Does anybody know?

16 minutes ago, Kent said:

Yeah, it lists clubs, it also only has one quote which is the one I mentioned always gets thrown around, and it also says Jahkeele is 2 years older than he actually is. But it at least reminded me that I've heard those teams mentioned around him before. Hard to know what that means. I mean, is he the next Caniggia Elva? Hoping for the best, and would love to see him play. Did he even get to play any soccer last year? Does anybody know?

He played like 8 minutes 

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

He played like 8 minutes 

I've looked it up. 18 minutes for the senior team. Did he play anywhere else though? I don't think TFC II played. Did he play for any youth teams? It's gotta be terrible for development for a 15/16 year old to miss a year of games.

11 hours ago, Kent said:

I've looked it up. 18 minutes for the senior team. Did he play anywhere else though? I don't think TFC II played. Did he play for any youth teams? It's gotta be terrible for development for a 15/16 year old to miss a year of games.

Just be glad Vanney is gone or he woulda wasted another year for him.

Wow. After watching that video, because it's the only one that I've seen of him, you can see him being another attacking FB.....on the right side as opposed to Davies left side.  This team is getting so deep.  Now if they can convert Noble Okello into a dominating CB we could see a huge step forward.

4 minutes ago, DigzTFC said:

Wow. After watching that video, because it's the only one that I've seen of him, you can see him being another attacking FB.....on the right side as opposed to Davies left side.  This team is getting so deep.  Now if they can convert Noble Okello into a dominating CB we could see a huge step forward.

He’s a RW/10 apparently.

He definitely looks like he could play the 10 from that video.  Frankly, looks better than Flores in those videos.  Great first touch, turns and immediately attacks, great dribbler, and can cross the ball very well.  Also, seems to pass the ball well. 
Of course, these are highlights so would like to see if there is consistency there but that would likely come with age if he has the right mental state to keep developing like Phonzie did.