Jayden Nelson

KW519

31 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

He hasn’t been perfect but the thing that strike me about him and Priso are that they don’t look the least bit out of place at this level.  That has been everyone’s complaint with the Team America approach of the past - the journeymen that they have usually used don’t bring anything beyond what these talented kids can do.   The guys who have caused the most TFC turnovers so far today?  Delgado and DeLeon. 

Agreed, Priso a little rough today, but lack of experience and confidence IMO. 

So Delgado causes a goal, makes double-digit turnovers, can’t create any offence, while Nelson shows a bit of skill and spark, and they remove Nelson for Soteldo???  Armas may just be Vanney Part 2

Edit: I see they move Delgado inside but then same argument can be made for keeping Priso over Delgado.

Edited by TOcanadafan

3 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

And you look at the other team... Caden Clark who is younger than Nelson, Priso, Okello, is miles ahead of these guys.  

Yup Caden the best player on the field today, he is going to be a good one , won’t be in the MLS much longer if he keeps putting in performances like that . 

5 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

And you look at the other team... Caden Clark who is younger than Nelson, Priso, Okello, is miles ahead of these guys.  

Clark will be at RBL in a year - not really a fair comparison to these guys.

5 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Clark will be at RBL in a year - not really a fair comparison to these guys.

I don’t know if it’s unfair, but look at how the brought him along, he didn’t warm the bench. Obviously he will look more comfortable than our guys who really didn’t play.

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I don’t know if it’s unfair, but look at how the brought him along, he didn’t warm the bench. Obviously he will look more comfortable than our guys who really didn’t play.

The key with Clark is that he played 12 matches at USL and essentially dominated (3 goals and 5 assists) and proved he was ready for MLS later in year. 

JMR just hasn’t played much competitive football at all. 

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

The key with Clark is that he played 12 matches at USL and essentially dominated (3 goals and 5 assists) and proved he was ready for MLS later in year. 

JMR just hasn’t played much competitive football at all. 

And it’s a big deal, that experience is a necessary thing. 

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Shhhhh, no one wants to hear negative things about Delgado.  You are legally obligated to use the term "engine" in every sentence talking about him.  

Delgado actually was terrible today, so fire away with the criticism boys. You won’t hear me coming to his defence on this occasion.

2 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Unless you call him a prick...

That prick never looked so bad in the 10 spot and I didn't really see all that ball hogging you were talking about. I will look out for it again next match though!

• 1 month later...

I saw that Nelson scored a goal and was the highest rated player by FotMob and by a large margin too. Last night's game ended in a 2-2 tie fro TFC II against Fort Lauderdale.  Priso played and had a decent rating.  Singh also started but was not so highly rated.  Last of the Toronto FC players was Peruzza who played for 55 minutes for San Antonio in a 2-0 loss.

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

I saw that Nelson scored a goal and was the highest rated player by FotMob and by a large margin too. Last night's game ended in a 2-2 tie fro TFC II against Fort Lauderdale.  Priso played and had a decent rating.  Singh also started but was not so highly rated.  Last of the Toronto FC players was Peruzza who played for 55 minutes for San Antonio in a 2-0 loss.

he looked good last night,played with a little more calmness beat guys used his speed,but he looked like he pulled something after he scored.

It’s a great recipe to better their developement. Let them catch form, confidence with TFCII and then they can come back to the first team. 

Nelson seemed unsure/indecisive on what to do a lot of times with the first team. 

But he has talent, and I’m positive he’ll turn it around - kids still 18.

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

It’s a great recipe to better their developement. Let them catch form, confidence with TFCII and then they can come back to the first team. 

Nelson seemed unsure/indecisive on what to do a lot of times with the first team. 

But he has talent, and I’m positive he’ll turn it around - kids still 18.

I agree with this.  He may not have been ready and I don't think management has done a good job this year or previous years with bringing young players into the squad.  I was hopeful that Armas would do it but he's lost.  

The positive to me is that both Nelson and JMR at their young age, still show that they are ahead at this level already.  And that's saying a lot with the majority of the players around them quite poor.