Jayden Nelson

KW519

Not a great performance today but I didn't think any Canadian was particularly good outside of Gutierrez.  However, this is the growing pains of playing with young Canadians.  This team is likely not going to be as good as previous TFC squads but as long as they can compete and balance the youth movement I am okay with these tough games.

I continue to enjoy seeing so many young Canadians getting minutes.

Was disappointed to see him substituted at half. I thought he was fine. I get the sense that it's only a matter of time before he figures it out, but you need to give him the time to do so. Or maybe I am just blinded by his technical ability and flair. Hard to tell. 

That was his 8th MLS game and he's 18 years old. Things are moving along fine. Don't think he needs a loan, just more minutes so that he can adjust. I believe in his talent.

Halfway through the first half I thought his performance really took a hit.

He has the attributes, but his style of play was always going to be hard to transition to the senior team. He needs to learn when take on players and when to not. That shit works against other kids, not against professionals.

Very young and needs more experience to learn. Can only hope he has a good head and learns from the mistakes and adjusts his game.

33 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Halfway through the first half I thought his performance really took a hit.

He has the attributes, but his style of play was always going to be hard to transition to the senior team. He needs to learn when take on players and when to not. That shit works against other kids, not against professionals.

Very young and needs more experience to learn. Can only hope he has a good head and learns from the mistakes and adjusts his game.

Don't laugh but I think it would be great to see a player like this loan to CPL. Just get him playing against adults everyday.

Great skills, positional awareness and end product (at the MLS level at least) lacking at this stage. 

I’d loan him somewhere where he’s going to get significant minutes. Uphill battle to get the time on this TFC roster this year. He has to compete with a number of other young guys and some established options.

17 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

Great skills, positional awareness and end product (at the MLS level at least) lacking at this stage. 

I’d loan him somewhere where he’s going to get significant minutes. Uphill battle to get the time on this TFC roster this year. He has to compete with a number of other young guys and some established options.

And now, a new DP - Soteldo

48 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

They still have a USL-1 team going in May dont they??  When the bulk of the guys come back from injury it will be just in time to send whoever isnt cutting it down to USL-1. 

I suspect the Nelson types will go to CPL which is more competitive if they don't stay with the senior team other than they may send some guys there that they dont send to CPL to get a match or two to keep their match fitness or to come back from injury.  I dont see them doing long term loans there as I think they see USL-1 more for the next tier of players down who are far from getting minutes in the MLS.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

Doesn’t look like he needs the Can PL right now, their best player so far today.

He hasn’t been perfect but the thing that strike me about him and Priso are that they don’t look the least bit out of place at this level.  That has been everyone’s complaint with the Team America approach of the past - the journeymen that they have usually used don’t bring anything beyond what these talented kids can do.   The guys who have caused the most TFC turnovers so far today?  Delgado and DeLeon.