Jayden Nelson

KW519

6 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Went off at the beginning of the 2nd extra period and his team scored a couple minutes after. 

Held on against 10 men and will face Scottish Hearts in the next round.

Side note, but the new Hearts third (?) jersey that was just released is so nice. Considering picking one up.

heart_of_midlothian_2023_24_umbro_third_kit.jpg

Edited by InglewoodJack

14 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Happy for Jayden that they qualified; think he is finding his stride under the new manager.  But honestly, it also shows the weakness of RBK these days that they had to scrape by an Irish League team…they were somewhat regular participants in the Champions League group stages if I recall.  

This is absolutely true. It's also a good reason why Jayden landed there. Right now it's one step back, two steps forward, but it wouldn't have been a step back to have joined the RBK from MLS five or ten years ago, whenever it was they were regular CL group stage participants. Nelson would have joined a team he'd have to fight much longer to get into. That wouldn't have been as good a move. He needed to play right away and he's achieved that.

Edited by Obinna

He seems to be quite divisive for Rosenborg fans they all agree that his football IQ is his worst asset by far but some of their fans see him in a top 5 league soon and others think he shouldn't be a starter. Hopefully by the end of this season he shows a lot of growth tactically he's another player like Jebbison who I forget how young he is.

14 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Got himself another champions league goal!

This Nypan kid on Rosenborg looks really good. Two assists today, a goal in the last CL game, and 2G/1A in 12 league games. 16 year old midfielder.

I believe he was the player who assisted Nelson's goal last week if I'm not mistaken.

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

He was I think. And what an assist on Nelson’s goal from a few minutes ago:

Take that Rosenborg fans who think he has low soccer IQ!  Fantastic run by Nelson to force the last defender to make a tough decision.  Also to remain onside as well.

Great run and vision by Nypan as well of course.

@sebdeserio FWIW, I'm sure Jayden does likely have a lower soccer IQ than most teammates who grew up in a top European academy.

Edited by Corazon

I believe that is 4 goals and 3 assists in Nelson's last 10 games.  Which coincides with him solidifying his starting role on the team.  He had come off the bench the previous 4 games but has started the last 10 he's been available.  During that stretch, Rosenborg have only lost once (they did lose both their games while he was away with Canada during the Gold Cup).  6 wins 3 draws (one extra time win) and 1 loss.

Seems to be settling in now.

If Nypan was Canadian, would we even post in anyone else’s thread other than his? What a talent. Rosenborg is gonna make a ton of money off their players next summer or the summer after. 

Crazy that Nelson is only 20 as well. He could stay with them for two seasons and still make a big move at only 22 or 23.